* Yet more rippers without any imagination!

In this old thread I unveiled a company who blatantly stole my web site design. I had found my copy using Google.

Playing around with this great new tool I discovered that some other rippers, KallistraGraphics, have used a ripped - and totally ****ed up - version of my old site, timechange.com. I would not care less, since I sold the domain 2 1/2 years ago, but I still use a large portion of the copy I personally wrote!

See how those ****heads simply downloaded the design, changed a few graphics and altered the company name.

You can view my old site at: http://web.archive.org/web/200405250...imechange.com/

Keywords: KallistraGraphics, Kallistra Graphics, KallistraGraphics.co.uk, Rippers, Stolen design, Fraud.

Lol that is so blatent a rip!

Just used that tool, none of my sites have been copied/ripped according to it!

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

How can I find their email address? Seems that WHOIS of .co.uk domains does not include the email address.

Everyone steals designs mate. I would show you my design, and the rippers of it, but i'd be suspended for advertising!

(Not the first time.)

And your point is, that I should not do anything about it?
    When did communism become the new global state and my property is everyone else's?

LOL... I remember you from domainstate.... please don't send me a PM....

Anyway, you should do something if someone is violating your copyright....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Send my regards to Snoopy LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Acroplex
    How can I find their email address? Seems that WHOIS of .co.uk domains does not include the email address.
    The company name is given as "Kallistra Limited" - one place to try tomorrow is www.companieshouse.co.uk - Do a "web search" for them and see what info comes up. I have a feeling it is just the address again but you might get other details.

However doing a search on Google has bought up this page - http://www.kallistra.co.uk/Mailord.html

Can e-mail them, or maybe even phone. While that is a different site the registered address is the same so the two have to be linked in some way.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Acroplex
    And your point is, that I should not do anything about it?
    When did communism become the new global state and my property is everyone else's?
    Don't get your knickers-in-a-knot. If you're considering legal action, or ANYTHING like that, it'll just be a waste of your time and money. Best to just let everyone on the internet know they're rippers.

You might want to contact the folks at stormyhosting.co.uk . They seem to be hosting the site, or at least the SOA record seems to indicate they do.

kallistragraphics.co.uk. 86400 IN SOA ns1.stormyhosting.co.uk. tlancaster.aslweb.co.uk. 2006092901 86400 7200 3600000 86400

Also, You might want to try emailing [email protected], since that's the contact email address that is configured for their dns zone. This is usually set the contact of the dns administrator (the host), but sometimes depending on configuration, it will be the reseller's email, or even the site admin.

Contacting the host of a website does next to nothing. They do not want to lose their customers. From my experience most hosts will still do nothing even if you can prove the material is copyright to you. Here's an example of a reply i received from a webhost after i provided proof that the material on one of their clients site was property of myself.

Please have your attorney
    contact us and provide us with a copy of your complaint filed with your local
    district court along with brief details on the basis of your complaint for our
    review.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Why would they, it's not their problem really..

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    If i own a warehouse that i know is being filled with stolen goods am i at fault...
    //not a question simply an exaggerated example

They are hosting a website that is stolen. When it comes to the almighty dollar ethics takes a backseat.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Is this really what the industry has come to? Even when I was an absolute newbie, I could see that it would also be the problem for the host if they were hosting someone who had violated copyright laws.

Contact the author, contact the host, contact the datacenter, then contact a lawyer.

I found a couple of examples -- enough that I bought a premium membership. Sent in a few DMCAs tonight
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Yes, it is what the industry has come to. Especially in the Web Hosting industry, there's just too much competition for you to go terminating any form of un-ethical practices, or illegal acts that WON'T get them in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by IPsecure
    Contacting the host of a website does next to nothing.
    Well I guess we were lucky that of the multiple times our design and/or content has been ripped, the Web host has been right on top of things. AFAIK, only once the host has had to terminate the offenders account, but all other times they were more than willing to do so. It just so happens that we have managed to resolve the issue with the offender before asking their Web host to terminate the account on all occasions apart from one.
    - Jamie Harrop

You can sue them if the design is copyrighted...

Yes, it is what the industry has come to. Especially in the Web Hosting industry, there's just too much competition for you to go terminating any form of un-ethical practices, or illegal acts that WON'T get them in trouble.
    That's ridiculous. Maybe you shouldn't completely terminate their services, but it does warrant at least a suspension of services.

What about spam? That's an unethical practice.

Your server is going to get unplugged faster than you can say "blingo" if you run a hosting company under those ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by gopzap
    You can sue them if the design is copyrighted...
    http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/faq/faqs.htm#P81_9657 . The design is copyright as soon as he creates it.

It is very hard to win a battle over copyrights on the web.
    Web Host Magazine & Buyers Guide
    Web Host Magazine & Buyer's Guide
    Fair & Objective Reviews, Ratings & Information
    since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Jake|WHM
    It is very hard to win a battle over copyrights on the web.
    Not really

Just send in a DMCA and it gets dealt with.

What is the turn around time?
    Web Host Magazine & Buyers Guide
    Web Host Magazine & Buyer's Guide
    Fair & Objective Reviews, Ratings & Information
    since 1997

sadly not much can be done against ripping, i have saw many cases of this and it must be awful for the original designers, but i guess its a risk we all take when we publish online content

Quote Originally Posted by Jake|WHM
    What is the turn around time?
    Depends on the provider.

LayeredTech, for example, will take action within a few hours.

But, places like ThePlanet can take 1-2 weeks.