View Poll Results: Do you find SIM to be a usefull shell utility ?
- 3. You may not vote on this poll
Yes, keep up the work.
Yes, i like it.
No, its not very usefull.
No, i dont like it nor will i use it.
Thread: system integrity monitor
06-16-2002, 07:25 PM #1Web Hosting Guru
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Troy, MI
system integrity monitor
Iv recently finished a new version of my SIM shell utility and thought id field it here to get comments.
The new version features:
- HTTP, FTP, DNS service monitoring
- event alerts of serivce downtime
- auto restart ability for downed services
- checks against network sockets & process list to ensure services are online
- HTTP log size monitor, to avoid segfaults from apache due to large logs
- system load monitor with customizable warnings
- auto system restart with definable critical load level
- informative command line status display
- easily customizable configuration file
- simple installer script
- and more...
Since my last post for SIM, iv improved cross platform support i hope. Any comments or input for features would be of great help. SIM is idealy run on redhat compatible servers with little to no modification (in paticular stock redhat and ensim servers).
Last edited by tchryan; 06-17-2002 at 12:24 AM.Ryan MacDonald
Lead Administrator | TotalChoice Hosting
Choice Does Matter! | Serving over 26,000 clients
06-16-2002, 07:54 PM #2New Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
This script is Really Great!! Thanx alot for the creator of this script! I got no more worries about services going down on my servers. I dowloaded this script, took me about 1 min to install and setup the whole thing.