HELP:Windows installer corrupted.

Hi,
    My Windows 2000 server, windows installer service is corrupted. It's not registered in the services.msc . I re-registered by msiexec /regserver in the safe mode, it appear in the services.msc but unable to start up. It hangs when i tried to enabled the windows installer service. I reinstall the windows installer 3.1, 3.0, 2 ... problem remains. Now i'm unable to install / re-install programs. I tried to modified the registry so that windows services installer automatically start up upon system re-start, it don't work..showing windows installer service starting up forever in the services.msc. The problem started with i installed OWA web admin tool. I uninstalled the program, problems remain. Event log is not showing any error on windows installer service.
    This is my exchange server, i cant afford to re-install the entire system. Pls kindly suggest for any possible solution to this problem. Your help is appreciated. Thank alot.
    Rgds,
    Andy

Thread moved from Dedicated Server Forum to Technical & Security Issues Forum.

Regards.
    DirectorioVPS List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

Have you tried system restore?

How to enable Windows Installer logging

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=223300

SUMMARY
    Windows includes a registry-activated logging service to help diagnose Windows Installer issues. This article describes how to enable this logging service.

Maybe that will help you locate the problem

Instead of doing a restore, I'd personally just reinstall the windows installer... Now if that doenst found odd, I dont know what does!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

I think he said he already reinstalled it.