Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Looking for a new host

    My friend is looking for a host.She is on a low budget she'll pay under $10.

    The amount of space she needs is inbetween 500-1000mb.

    Unlimited features..

    with the bandwidth I'm guessing atleast 30gb would be good.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast // NYC
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko
    My friend is looking for a host.She is on a low budget she'll pay under $10.

    The amount of space she needs is inbetween 500-1000mb.

    Unlimited features..

    with the bandwidth I'm guessing atleast 30gb would be good.
    Does she need anything like PHP / mySQL or ASP/ MS SQL? Or will all the pages be static?
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    291
    What kind of site will she be creating?

    As MrRadic asks, if you can give us more details as to what specs she will require, we could offer more suggestions.
    IndigoHosts
    Linux Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Instant Activation on all plans
    www.indigohosts.co.uk
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    192
    Many hosts can accomodate her needs, do a search here on WHT.
    good luck with your research
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Ecko,

    What exactly do you mean by 'unlimited features'?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Unlimited FTP accounts
    Unlimited Email accounts
    Unlimited Mysql Databases.
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited Add-on domains..
    etc..
    shes going to need Cgi & php..all the good stuff.Ha
    I know its possible,That she can get it because I've had hosts
    with these features before.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast // NYC
    Posts
    1,693
    Unlimited bandwidth and Diskspace is also possible, but its not quality hosting.

    Have a look around, there's an offers section and many hosts have their hosting company in their signature.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    looking around.. Dathorn seems to be getting good reviews

    thoughts?
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    If its getting good reviews, give them a try, they should have a 30-day guarantee so why not try
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko
    Unlimited FTP accounts
    Unlimited Email accounts
    Unlimited Mysql Databases.
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited Add-on domains..
    etc..
    shes going to need Cgi & php..all the good stuff.Ha
    I know its possible,That she can get it because I've had hosts
    with these features before.
    Sure, it's possible, but you won't get high-quality services. The "unlimited" hosts just do not last. You may wish to rethink this, as I am quite sure that your friend does not truly need unlimited numbers of all of these things.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Um Yeah sure,Thats definately not true I've had high quality service with a budget below $10 and they have been around for a long time and had High-quality service.

    Yes she does,If you dont wanna help then dont but dont tell me what she needs.I'm asking for offers not to be told what to get.

    BTW I always have a host with unlimited features & it was very good service..

    I know why you're saying this because the site your advertising in your signature has low features.

    resellerspanel lol WOW Please stop trying to tell me what my friend needs.
    Resellerspanel isnt all that great of a program,I tried it.
    Last edited by Beauty1on1; 10-13-2006 at 09:22 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    260
    Have a look in the offers section fourm. =)
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hmalekib
    Have a look in the offers section fourm. =)

    I'm doing that right now,Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    3,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko
    Um Yeah sure,Thats definately not true I've had high quality service with a budget below $10 and they have been around for a long time and had High-quality service.

    Yes she does,If you dont wanna help then dont but dont tell me what she needs.I'm asking for offers not to be told what to get.

    BTW I always have a host with unlimited features & it was very good service..

    I know why you're saying this because the site your advertising in your signature has low features.

    resellerspanel lol WOW Please stop trying to tell me what my friend needs.
    Resellerspanel isnt all that great of a program,I tried it.

    Humm....well why not advise her yourself on who YOU have used with a budget below $10 that was a high quality host? You are here looking for hosting but have already used what you are asking for so send her there?
    By the way "offers" are not allowed here from hosts. You can check the advert forums though.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Martie
    Humm....well why not advise her yourself on who YOU have used with a budget below $10 that was a high quality host? You are here looking for hosting but have already used what you are asking for so send her there?
    By the way "offers" are not allowed here from hosts. You can check the advert forums though.
    I made a mistake by saying offers because I've been doing this stuff since 2003..and I stopped paying for webhosting simply because I dont have the time for webhosting stuff right about now.Secondly if I remembered the names of my old hosting companies that I used..I would'nt have posted here.

    Now if you dont have any recommendations,I will just ignore
    because all of this is pointless..
    Last edited by Beauty1on1; 10-14-2006 at 12:46 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    624
    I usually recommend hostgator.
    I have had a good experience with them and have 4 reseller accounts.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Thank you dvduval,I'll check them out.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko
    Um Yeah sure,Thats definately not true I've had high quality service with a budget below $10 and they have been around for a long time and had High-quality service.

    Yes she does,If you dont wanna help then dont but dont tell me what she needs.I'm asking for offers not to be told what to get.

    BTW I always have a host with unlimited features & it was very good service..

    I know why you're saying this because the site your advertising in your signature has low features.

    resellerspanel lol WOW Please stop trying to tell me what my friend needs.
    Resellerspanel isnt all that great of a program,I tried it.
    First off, you do not seem too open to help, so I will quit trying to help you. However, before doing so, I would like to point out a few things:

    First, you say...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko
    BTW I always have a host with unlimited features & it was very good service..
    Then, you say...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko
    Secondly if I remembered the names of my old hosting companies that I used..I would'nt have posted here.
    In other words, you lied the first time. Just thought I'd point that out to you.

    Best of luck in your search.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWebDan
    First off, you do not seem too open to help, so I will quit trying to help you. However, before doing so, I would like to point out a few things:

    First, you say...



    Then, you say...



    In other words, you lied the first time. Just thought I'd point that out to you.

    Best of luck in your search.
    1.I used resellerspanel before ...

    2.I did not lie,I said I did not remember the names of my old hosting companies.The reasons for me leaving had nothing to do with the quality of their service with the ones that did have the features I wanted.

    I've had other things to do,So have some facts before you start calling people names.

    btw you do need to quit because after calling me a liar I do not need your help on WHT..
    I'd like someone to help me who can make statements that are facts..

    sorry for replying to this post so late..WHT.Someone may close this because My friend no longer needs hosting.Thank you
    Last edited by Beauty1on1; 12-28-2006 at 12:38 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pflugerville, TX
    Posts
    11,222
    Closed by OP request.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •