Thread: backorder

backorder

looking for cheap backorder service providers...

Cheap or with high success rate?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

can you please categorise it..?
    I mean low, medium and high

Low - 0%
    Medium - 20%
    High - 50%+

Can you please categorise cheap, medium and expensive?

what if i say most success rate backorder service provider? no problem if not cheap

There really isn't any standardizable success rate: it all depends on how sought after the names you backorder are. And please remember some domains are never dumped into RGP at all, so it's also registrar-dependent.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

is this base on current registrar too?
    Like snapnames good for netsol but not for enom?

Quote Originally Posted by eglim
    Like snapnames good for netsol but not for enom?
    Yes, like you can snap up expired domains that were registered with NetSol at Snapnmaes even before they become publicly available. In those cases, it's basically meaningless to backorder with say eNom.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

SnapNames is the biggest and probably the most successful backordering service because they are the Preferred Auction Partner of most of the independant registrars. The exceptions are...

TDNAM for GoDaddy registered domains
    Club Drop for eNom registered domains
    TuCowsAuctions for TuCows registered domains

Pool also have a good reputation for capturing expired domains because they have the most servers knocking on the registry's doors when a domain expires, but I think their success has probably severely diminished because most registrar's moving to either inhouse or Preferred Auction Partnerships model. They are still good at capturing domains which actually drop.

I don't think there are any dropcatchers which will give you the domain immediately they catch it, any more. There will normally be a secondary auction which takes place. The exception are SnapNames and Club Drop who, if you are the only bidder, will sell you the domain at your initial bid price.

You can't actually backorder at Club Drop but you can bid on their expired and expiring domains.

Cheapest dropcatcher is me. I'll charge you $1 for attempting to dropcatch a name. My success rate is zero, however So, cheapest is never best. You should tailor your backorder based upon where the domain is registered. An interesting article can be found here.. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=477474 although I've covered the basics in this thread.

I should make one clarification for GoDaddy registered domains. You backorder a domain at GoDaddy (not at TDNAM) for $18.95 (cheap). If the domain drops, you win the backorder, but the domain still goes to auction at TDNAM with your backorder being placed as the first bid. So my preferred strategy there is simply to wait for it to appear at the TDNAM auction and not pay the $18.95 upfront.

Finally, if you really must have a domain, then you should bid/backorder it at every possible place you can, just in case it "falls thru the cracks" of the norm (I'm guessing this might be 1 or 2% of the time).
    Last edited by stub; 10-15-2006 at 08:53 PM.
    Signature Under Construction.

I want to backorder a domain which going to drop from newdentity.com,
    what you think if i apply on both i mean on SnapNames and Pool?

I'd place a bid on both NameWinner (if still operational) and SnapNames. In this case, Pool also might be a good option because the transition of Dotster expiring domains from NameWinner to SnapNames might have a lot of cracks in it.

any more good site for backorder domains then SnapNames n pool

clubdrop
    tdnam

just to name a couple.

Dont go for Godaddy.

The only reason I say that is i ordered a couple of domains as they were dropping ( Unfortunately the owner renewed them ) godaddy took the prices of the domains from my account. Thus they could not get the domains I thought they would refund the money but I have been told that they will only put the money into my goddady acount to be used for other goddady services.

Whilst with other services such as enom etc they only take a credit card number and payment only taken once they have secured the domain.

GODADDY IS A CON

Stan - technically tdnam/clubdrop are auction houses rather than backorder houses, although the lines have become increasingly blurred.

eglim - Not really. You should follow the advice in my post above. Bid/Backorder with the preferred auction partner of the domains registrar. Back that up with a bid at Pool/SnapNames in case it actually drops. If you must have the domain, bid/backorder everywhere, SnapNames/Pool/Godaddy (backorders) and at the domain registrar's preferred auction partner (auctions).

can some one explain how I can apply for backorder doman with SnapNames? i can't see any link for this in member area,

still not got reply from support too, i again check in detail SnapNames admin area but not can't see any option for apply for domain backorder.

Have you logged into SnapNames and done a search for the domain?

What does the info at www.iwhois.com say about it's status? Bothe Registry & Registrar?