In desperate need of hosting advice, made some bad hosting choices

I've been having a bad week with hosting providers.

My host of nearly two years (mher.org) suspended my account the other day for reasons still unknown to me, and I've still been completely unable to get a hold of their support to figure out what happened. It seems obvious, based on what I've read at least, that I'm probably never going to get that resolved adequately. I back everything up constantly, so no big deal I guess. I did get jacked some money though, as I had a few months left before my yearly subscription expires.

So, since then, I've been looking around for a new host, and I believed up until about 4-5 hours ago that I had found one. I recently signed up for vexxhost (vexxhost.com), and was satisfied with the service last night when I ordered it. It was fast enough and offered all of the features promoted. Unfortunately, I was browsing through my site today and the speed was drastically slower, to a point where some images and pages would not complete loading. I checked the CPanel and noticed the server load spiking to above 600% at times. I quickly contacted support about the issue, but several hours went by with no response. Since support is important to me, this was very disappointing, and I have already requested that my money be refunded and my account be cancelled, as per their TOS. I can only hope they will honor that deal, or I'm out even more money.

Suffice it to say, I'm becoming extremely frustrated, and I'm finding myself completely unable to find a host that meets both my needs and my price range. This is where I need some of your help.

I'm looking for a host that provides:

Unlimited add-on domains (or at least 10, and I've never understood why companies try to limit this just to try to rip you off a few more dollars)
    Unlimited subdomains
    Unlimited MySQL databases
    SpamAssassin or similar filter (a must)
    CPanel
    Permits at least ~2GB space
    Permits at least ~10GB bandwidth
    Is priced at $5/monthly or less
    Server is not at more than 100% load for more than a few seconds
    Has a dedicated support team (responds within the hour)

I had all of this at mher.org up until recently, so I'm looking for a better (hopefully) alternative.

I would greatly appreciate any input or suggestions that anyone may be able to provide. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekish

I'm looking for a host that provides:

Unlimited add-on domains (or at least 10, and I've never understood why companies try to limit this just to try to rip you off a few more dollars)
    Unlimited subdomains
    Unlimited MySQL databases
    SpamAssassin or similar filter (a must)
    CPanel
    Permits at least ~2GB space
    Permits at least ~10GB bandwidth
    Server is not at more than 100% load for more than a few seconds
    Has a dedicated support team (responds within the hour)
    Many of the larger hosts provide this and as for the support, you could maybe e-mail their support to test their response times. Each company/server is going to come across it's share of problems, that's something that has allowed this business to have so much competition, no one can do it 100% right Other than that, best of luck with your search!
    Kaumil P.

Welcome to WHT. Have a look in the offers section of the forum.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Thank you for your prompt replies so far. I was actually looking in the offers forum last night for hosts (that's where I found vexxhost, and we know how that turned out), but I've found that most sites that are within my limits have a very unprofessional look to them, and the feedback is either negative or non-existant. I've tried google and I've tried tried other hosting-related forums, all with similar results. Is it just that there isn't a $5 or less quality site that meets my requirements?

I should probably clarify that I have had my sites hosted now for more than 6 years on various servers, and in that time, I haven't really had the difficulty that I'm having right now.

Have a look on fuzioned.com

Friendly guys. also very very very quick and nice support. and good prices.
    Rare to have all 3 theys days

Hi, look, to be sincere I think you're asking a lot for a few bucks per month. In my oppinion you get what you pay for and lots of gigs @ $5 per month means you will be hosted in a crowed server. Most of the budget hosting companies work in this way, so my sincere advice is you seek a more decent and stable company that doesn't oversell. Spend more money and you will have a great service, but believe me, ALWAYS ask for a recent load statystic of the server where your account will be hosted.

Good luck!.

I found bluehost.com through this forum and set up an account for my sister there. So far, i have been very impressed and it is nice to be able to reach them on the phone. Their accounts meet all of your requirements, except they are $6.95/month...based on the feedback here..they are worth the extra buck ninety five.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekish
    Thank you for your prompt replies so far. I was actually looking in the offers forum last night for hosts (that's where I found vexxhost, and we know how that turned out), but I've found that most sites that are within my limits have a very unprofessional look to them, and the feedback is either negative or non-existant. I've tried google and I've tried tried other hosting-related forums, all with similar results. Is it just that there isn't a $5 or less quality site that meets my requirements?

I should probably clarify that I have had my sites hosted now for more than 6 years on various servers, and in that time, I haven't really had the difficulty that I'm having right now.

I would suggest your raise your budget a bit if you'd like a reliable host, because in this industry you truly get what you pay for!

The reason for limited number of add-on domains is because some people tend to add 1000's of domains to a shared hosting package which is abusing the servers resources.

You might want to increase your budget a little for the amount of disk space you're requesting.

Remember, you get what you pay for

for unlimited domains/subdomains/mysql databases, i'd say maybe $10 per month, from a good quality web host.

Well maybe the situation got resolved for the poster as this is over a month old now.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999