It's impossible to find a good host

it's seen like impossible to find a good host....why? 99% of them have a bad revied on them..lol

ye but some at least only have 1 bad review, and when you actually read into them you usually find the complainant is upset they didnt get something for nothing.. ok thats a bit vague, but if you're looking for a good host, look for the one with the most good reviews, or the least bad reviews...

You also have to remember no reviews isn't a bad thing either, most happy people keep quiet, its the ones that are unhappy that like to express themselves!

Moved to Web Hosting Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidey
    ye but some at least only have 1 bad review, and when you actually read into them you usually find the complainant is upset they didnt get something for nothing..
    I agree. Some reviews say more about the reviewer than the company.

Aside from that, no company is perfect. Personally, I look for how web hosts handle problems when they arise. If they take responsibility, resolve the situation, and communicate well when things go wrong, I'm impressed.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." Theodore Roosevelt

i think you cant trust any reviews untill you try the company

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    You also have to remember no reviews isn't a bad thing either, most happy people keep quiet, its the ones that are unhappy that like to express themselves!
    I agree with MrRadic here. No company is perfect. It is how they deal with their customers and support issues that is important. Every host can (does) have network outtages and server downtime. It is a fact of life in the hosting business. But if you have a host that communicates openly and honestly about the issues and fixes them in a timely manner then you have a good host you would want to stay with. JMHO

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
    it's seen like impossible to find a good host....why? 99% of them have a bad revied on them..lol

No, its not. I agree with Mr.Radic. Keep this in mind:
    "no news is good news" and this is surely true for webhostingtalk.
    As big as this forum is, its not the whole industry but you do have hosts that live/die by wht. Their entire client base comes from wht and they are avid posters here. A happy client is just more likely to keep quiet while an UNhappy one will be looking for places to complain as fast as they possibly can.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Raise your price, you'll have a good host Some ex-customers are not satisfy with good hosts, only few negatives reviews about 2-4 reviews a year. It's their point of view.

In addition to what everyone else has already said, another thing to note is that the size of the company also matters. IE if you have a client base of 10, 000, the chances of a complaint being posted somewhere, is much higher than a company who has 2 clients.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

You have to consider the fact that some customers cannot be satisfied, no matter how good the web host is, that unsatisfied customer will leave a negative feedback because that is what they are determined to do.

If the good reviews outweigh the negative ones, then you should consider the web host

Yeah, no company is perfect. You really have to look at what you're paying and contribute that to what quality of service/support you're receiving.

I've also found that many MANY times the problems that cause bad reviews are the fault of the user, not the company.

Lots of people move hosts all the time saying how everyone sucks, when the reality is they're asking for sevice that isn't possible at the price they're at.

Take reviews, good and bad, with a grain of salt.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Then there wouldn't be much websites, would there?
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

I'd like to see you name the 99% myself, with valid bad reviews. Some previously good reviewed hosts, have gone bad. Some bad reviewed hosts, have gone good. Good being a relative term, like bad. The search function on these forums, Google and the English dictionary are your friends.

Homer, every business gets bad reviews from someone. No company can serve everyone - there are some people who will try a company's service and not like it.

One thing you need to keep in mind, as well, is that some lower-caliber Web hosting companies deliberately post false reviews on their competitors - so what seems like a review by a dissatisfied client is really defamation by an unclassy competitor.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Its been said many many times here on the forums, there is no such thing as a perfect host. Every host will have something wrong. Only way to find out if you will be satisfied with the one you choose is TRY THEM Oh and remember, you pay for quality not for quantity
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!

Quote Originally Posted by Navid1
    i think you cant trust any reviews untill you try the company
    I agreed with Navid1...the only way to find out it to try the company out. But once you try it and it's doesn't work that suck..why? because it's took time to find another host, and while your site is down

One bad review does not mean you have a bad host. Everybody cannot be satisfied all of the time. That is why you should find a host that offers a 30-Day Money Back guarantee. I find this to work out well.

Christopher
    Christopher J Smallwood
    Gay-Owned Web Hosting with 10% Donated to Youth!
    VertuHost Web Hosting Solutions

Some very good advice posted.

Only trouble with 30-day money back guarantee is the time and trouble moving too a host to find it's not that good and then moving everything to another ... and so on.

No matter how much time you spend checking for a decent host doesn't guarantee perfection - I know that from sad trial and error.

Take my host for example. Customer services is less than perfect (which puts alot of (potential) customers off) but, the server is always up and nothings broke in my 4 years and not had any problems running scripts, logging in or anything.

6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

You can't satisfy everyone. Usually the people that are happy won't post.

Most (if not all) decent sized companies are bound to have a bad review or two on them, it's just the nature of the beast that is Webhosting. The trick is to get more good reviews than bad reviews .
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by writespeak
    Moved to Web Hosting Forum.

I agree. Some reviews say more about the reviewer than the company.

Aside from that, no company is perfect. Personally, I look for how web hosts handle problems when they arise. If they take responsibility, resolve the situation, and communicate well when things go wrong, I'm impressed.

Lois
    More true words could not have been spoken!!

You must also consider what you are paying. I see more trouble with budget hosting than say with slightly more expensive hosting companies that actually put restrictions on your accounts. If you don't need 6 TRILLION gb of space and 180 TRILLION gb of bandwidth (okay I exagerated), find a host that has what you need and purchase that plan. You might find it to be more resonable overtime!
    Sarah :c)

cPanelDemos.com - live remotely hosted cPanel & WHM demo hosting service.

Because each day more people want lower fees, more features and more speed while more hosts want more customers and offer lower fees and more features than those they can support, helped by more publicity.

Pay a little more and chances are you will get a better host. Or be prepared to spend a lot of time searching, testing ... and complaining.

But you might be lucky and find a good inexpensive host for a couple of years (see site5 history to get an idea )

freeflyer