Webmasters Forum : www.Goofpoint.com

Hello everybody,

Please review the webmasters forum, www.GooFPoinT.com, There are lots of categories to discuss, Its just came up with existance, so please comment on it, Either join it if you like.

Hope to listen a lot for everybody.

Thanks.

there are really a lots of categories ... try using fewer and bigger categories in start

and also change the theme to some thing better

Hey thanks for the feedback. Categories, There are 30 in total, I will forward your comment to the admin there.

Theme, Do you suggest to use an IPB skin for the forum? I guess there are very less webmaster forums which use IPB all of them use Vbulletin so its a change, isnt it, or should we suggest to switch to a skin/theme?

Thanks.

I will forward your comment to the admin there
    This isn't your forum?

Half mine, But i cant decide to change myself. Good to see a veteran replying to my post Plz try to review.

Not much to review. Logo is difficult to read and is sort of amateurish, and the header color doesn't match the stock IPB skin well at all. Too many categories for a brand new board with only 25 members. Pare it down, get it busy, then make new categories. It would look less empty.
    That's about it.

True, Skin and logo dont match and the header look amaturish, Am searching a cheap designer to create one for it right now.

True only 25 members but its 1st day, and i guess its empty looking because of not being more then 8 hours we tried to publicise it. slowly it will stop looking empty within days.

The header is a bit lame, but better than a default image. I'd suggest re-doing it with a nice, and basic font, without flashy colours.

I don't agree with the first reply about there being too many categories.... you have a lot of forums, and I think it wouldn't be as easy to navigate if you compacted it.

So just fix the header!

I have to agree with bear. For a newly established forum you should start small. When I visited this forum I immediately got a 'ow, empty/inactive' reaction.

It might be better to use just a few 'BIG' categories and get the action going. When you got some more members you can 'give' them new categories.
    zenndex - custom website design & unique templates- zenndex.com
    Only one chance to make a first impression ... Give your website a unique look

Hey thanks jochcrick and zenndex, yeah I am working on this thing and I will shape it better as per advised by people with a good logo Soon.

Too much categories, not enough content. Post around and start some threads people will be interested in.

Yeah i am trying my best, but since we are lacking 1-2 loyal members who reply there and start moderating, then it will take some speed maybe it will ahppen soon.

Err, why are you expecting somebody to suddenly join and want to moderate?

You need to do some work. Search the net, find interesting articles, start new threads that discuss those articles, comment on discussions in other forums, attract new memebers.

Your domain name will put off many - goofpoint sounds childish. And 'chill zones' are for the more youthful member of society. A look at your forum categories reinforces this view: coding is the 'geek part, selling domain names via forum? wanna be graphic designers, web link trading? afiiliates (sic)?

It is howver just another forum - and a google search has 25 milion hits for 'webmaster forum' so you are not even going to get a toe in the door.

when i read it had 30 categories, I thought poor 56k people, you could still minimze some of them even though you have no where near 30 now, by including subforums, then maybe you can think on purchasing a style or making your own as the current one looks a little plain, other than that good work. Even though its a webmaster forum, I know the owner of weblamp he started off really small but it grew massive so keep at it and dont let anything get in its way then you will see the site rolling in the bucks
    http://www.bbdimension.com - Website Design and Development from as low as 250 euros (limited time only) - 15yrs experience.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Godown
    Hello everybody,

Please review the webmasters forum, www.GooFPoinT.com, There are lots of categories to discuss, Its just came up with existance, so please comment on it, Either join it if you like.

Hope to listen a lot for everybody.

Thanks.
    try to build a new theme so it isn't the default one. that would make a massive difference.

i think you have to make some changes in your design

then it will be better for your website if you delete some of your forum or better if you create some threads and post alone

thanks
    No signature

Hi there,
    Thanks for the review,
    Yes we are working on the skin and finalised much changes, I will try to post myself some interesting things with other active members. But right now we are lacking some loyal members/mods there, maybe we will get them soon
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fisicx
    Err, why are you expecting somebody to suddenly join and want to moderate?

You need to do some work. Search the net, find interesting articles, start new threads that discuss those articles, comment on discussions in other forums, attract new memebers.

Your domain name will put off many - goofpoint sounds childish. And 'chill zones' are for the more youthful member of society. A look at your forum categories reinforces this view: coding is the 'geek part, selling domain names via forum? wanna be graphic designers, web link trading? afiiliates (sic)?

It is howver just another forum - and a google search has 25 milion hits for 'webmaster forum' so you are not even going to get a toe in the door.
    Hey cool.. this one is good. I know about all 25 million google entries but its a start (which was actually never supposed to be good) But I will try my best to get my foot inside google results.

Goofpoint, Yesh its kinda childish, But its a light forum, i used invision necause of light looks, light name nothing much of burdon. But as you said about slogan chill.. stuff, it can be changed any time, and most probably we will come up with new slogan with the new skin.

Yeah i am looking towards some interesting things to post myself Thanks for a cool review.

Knock the number of forums down. Let the posting that develops there drive the forum categories later, not vice versa.

^ Correct, Rite now i am working on that,

Logo is changed now, everybody complaint about Logo, I know its too non professional but Everybody knows it better then brfore one

no offence but i can't remember what it looked like before but that blue and yellow is a big no no.

You should have used vbulletin