hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Programming Discussion : make server monitor script suggestions

Forum Jump

make server monitor script suggestions

Reply Post New Thread In Programming Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Question

make server monitor script suggestions

I'd like to make a php web monitoring script, which can offer monitoring service to clients. They register and setup monitored domains. I want that monitoring is from different locations, then the main server logs downtime. Can you give me some suggestions how to perform this in the best way?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

My best recommendation would be to use cPanel for monitoring domains and assign permissions to specific users (or probably doable over a group of users) so they could configure their own domain addresses.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Ok, not quite sure what horizon is getting at.

You'd need to run a script on an interval (crontab) on each location that checks all the servers in the database and then pings back to a central server with the results.

Understand?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

Hi,

I have a standalone application (no installation is required) that monitoring the server uptime status. You can give away to your clients. Please PM me if you are interested.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
CA Technologies Launches Free Monitoring Tool Web Hosting News 2013-10-10 14:27:42
Zynga Open Sources Server Performance Monitoring Tool Web Hosting News 2013-08-14 14:12:10
Hurricane Electric Expands Globally with Two New Canadian PoPs Web Hosting News 2013-08-08 14:50:16
OpenStack and the AWS API Debate Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:29
Pingdom Talks Top Web Hosting Cities and Countries Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:35