Hosting US Gamling site on UK servers

Hello,

We are are UK hosting provider. We have recently received an enquiry from the owner of 3 US Gambling sites wishing to host their sites on servers outside the US to use the legal loophole in the US Gambling bill.

Should we be accepting this business, or are we in the a lot of hassle. You do hear of the Feds in the US requesting overseas sites to be shutdown etc.

Whilst it is not our job to police our customers activities, this potential customer has at least been upfront in telling us why he needs to host his sites with us.

In the interest of both parties I thought I would post here to gather your views on this.

We are not desperate to host this customer, but equally we don't want to turn custom away unnecessarily.

Advice and comments will be much appreciated.

Neil :-)

Quote Originally Posted by netmotiv8
    Hello,

We are are UK hosting provider. We have recently received an enquiry from the owner of 3 US Gambling sites wishing to host their sites on servers outside the US to use the legal loophole in the US Gambling bill.

Should we be accepting this business, or are we in the a lot of hassle. You do hear of the Feds in the US requesting overseas sites to be shutdown etc.

Whilst it is not our job to police our customers activities, this potential customer has at least been upfront in telling us why he needs to host his sites with us.

In the interest of both parties I thought I would post here to gather your views on this.

We are not desperate to host this customer, but equally we don't want to turn custom away unnecessarily.

Advice and comments will be much appreciated.

As the regulations haven't been announced yet, they're probably jumping ship early in the hope they're not followed. They can't know that the loophole that is referred to won't be plugged by regulation or even amendment.

The Feds requesting the sites being shut down shouldn't be the worry, being legal action against you should. US Laws seem to reach out everywhere now.

HSBC and Royal Bank of Scotland are withdrawing corporate services to the online gambling industry for fear of legal action. I would seek legal advice before accepting them as that would be cheaper than a legal battle later.

This is great information, thanks.