What should I do? Study abroad, co-op, internship, or stay at school?

Alright, looking to get a little feedback from some people that have had similar experiences. Assuming everything goes to plan, I will have the option to do a co-op (spring+summer) or summer internship with GE, a co-op with Hamilton Sundstrand (a United Technologies Corporation subsidiary), or study abroad in Australia at Swinburne University of Technology. I also obviously have the option to stay at my current college, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

I'm currently a first semester sophomore, but I'm technically more than a semester ahead credit wise. A co-op would be a good way to slow down and graduate at the regular time and make some money too, not to mention the job experience. The summer internship would be a great option if I decided to go to Australia so that I could do both.

So what do you guys think? Co-op, study abroad, internship, or stay at RPI?

-Chris
    Course-Notes.Org

US History US Government and Politics| Note Outlines Vocab
    Euro History Psychology Econonomics | Forum Study Guides

This is indeed a difficult choice to make. It depends on many factors and that makes it tough for an advice from outside. For the experience, I think I would go to Australia (to see a new country and people, etc). If you have a girlfriend in the US... that makes it more complicated. Plus, there are many other factors that come into play. I don't know, I think I would try a bit of adventure and change of scenery and go to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by CLKeenan
    So what do you guys think? Co-op, study abroad, internship, or stay at RPI?
    Very easy choice. Study abroad, it'll be the best thing you've done in a while.

what Lev said, if you have the opportunity to go abroad, go for it. You only do other less fun stuffs if you don't have enough money
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.