Hello there,

My name is Peter, from Switzerland and now in the San Francisco Bay area.

I am a small hosting provider for small and simple websites. I offer a lot of pro bono hosting, and try to pay for my reseller account through a few paying clients.

I have learned the hard way, that "you get what you pay for" holds often true in the hosting business.

I often feel quite vulnerable and uncomfortable, when my clients ask me why certain issues occur, while my upstream provider isn't answering my inquiry to obtain such information.

I am quite detail oriented and believe in treating others with respect, and the older I get, the less tolerance I have when my own need for respect isn't met (which happens quite frequently).

I am currently with Bliksem Hosting, and just went through a challenging period of 24 hours. When the their helpdesk wasn't online yesterday, I was prepared for the worst, and now breathe a sigh of relief.

I decided to support Bliksem despite an awareness I have grown about some of their behavior. I recognize and honor the fact that they're prices are rock bottom, and in the two years they downtime has been minimal and almost entirely absent. I have had one customer who kept reporting issues with an order form processed through a SSL certificate I had purchased from Bliksem.

I will post some more information about my experience with Bliksem, and look forward to connecting with some of you "Mom-and-Pop" hosting providers out there!

I am thrilled to learn about this forum, and to read about what others are experiencing in their intent to provide hosting.