Miami / Kingston

How do dump spam..

Hi, i think i was following some advise on this forum abotu taking care of incoming junk.. I THINK.. whatever I did at 4am one morning, the system is now identifying a lot of (not all of ) spam successfully. So now it emails me (and everyone on the server who has an email account i think) the following message

"spam detection software, running on the system "", has identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or label similar future email. If you have any questions, see the administrator of that system for details.

Thats GREAT.. now how can i just make all of this go to the 'black hole' instead of coming to us ? is it even or should i just create an outlook rule to send it to junk based on "spam detection software,running on the system" ?

My email also forwards to gmail which promptly send the relavant messages to the bin.

What OS? What SMTP/mail server software? What spam detection software are you using? What is identifying the SPAM and sending that mail out?

It looks like spamassassin, I have rules in postfix in my header files...

## Drop with spamassassin over 10.
    /^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*/ DISCARD

I mark it as spam over 4, I always attatch the spamassassin header (even when it isn't spam). I then let people deal with it themselves and setup their own local rules. I personally drop it if it has a score over 3. I also suggest greylisting, it removes a huge amount of spam before before it uses your bandwidth. Although you get problems with non-RFC mail servers that don't retry.
    Secure your server with