Help:I Registered domain and set Nameservers but site wont show

Hello,
    Can someone help me and tell me what is going on? I registered a domain name(at Godaddy), 2weeks ago. I have set the name servers and setup the hosting account as well. Up till now, the site still wont come up and cannot be displayed. Please what could be wrong? Other domains with the same nameservers are working perfectly. Any advice is welcome.

And the whois shows that its still mine :-) .

I don't know the answer, but you might check the domain name in http://dnsreport.com as that should give you some information to work on.

As Panikos suggested, DNSreport is the best route to go. It looks like it's purely DNS problem.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Thank for the replies guys. I did the dnsreport test. There was some failures. I want to post the failures here and hopefuly, someone can tell me what is happening. I dont understand it

FAIL
    Open DNS servers
    ERROR: One or more of your nameservers reports that it is an open DNS server. This usually means that anyone in the world can query it for domains it is not authoritative for (it is possible that the DNS server advertises that it does recursive lookups when it does not, but that shouldn't happen). This can cause an excessive load on your DNS server. Also, it is strongly discouraged to have a DNS server be both authoritative for your domain and be recursive (even if it is not open), due to the potential for cache poisoning (with no recursion, there is no cache, and it is impossible to poison it). Also, the bad guys could use your DNS server as part of an attack, by forging their IP address. Problem record(s) are:
    Server 66.45.249.202 reports that it will do recursive lookups. [test]
    Server 66.45.249.203 reports that it will do recursive lookups. [
    test]

See this page for info on closing open DNS servers.

FAIL
    Lame nameservers
    ERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:

WARN
    Nameservers on separate class C's
    WARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location.
    WARN
    Single Point of Failure
    WARNING: Although you have at least 2 NS records, they may both point to the same server (neither of our two tests is sure; it appears that there are one or more firewall(s) that intercept and alter DNS packets), which would result in a single point of failure. You are required to have at least 2 nameservers per RFC 1035 section 2.2.
    SOA
    FAIL
    SOA Record
    No valid SOA record came back:
    is not exclusiveestatesng.com.

Open DNS servers

You might want to amend this if you care about your security, but it's not what's causing your problem.

Lame nameservers
    SOA Record

These are the causes. Can you please post your full zonefile, so we'll be able to look further what is the exact cause and ways to amend it?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    Open DNS servers

You might want to amend this if you care about your security, but it's not what's causing your problem.

Lame nameservers
    SOA Record

These are the causes. Can you please post your full zonefile, so we'll be able to look further what is the exact cause and ways to amend it?

Thank you.
    Forgive me am such a newbie. How do i fix the open DNS servers problem? By full zonefile, do you mean the full report from dns report? If so, here it is:

DNS Report for exclusiveestatesng.com

Generated by www.DNSreport.com at 15:35:13 GMT on 12 Oct 2006.

status = "Getting data from root...";CategoryStatusTest NameInformationParentPASSMissing Direct Parent checkOK. Your direct parent zone exists, which is good. Some domains (usually third or fourth level domains, such as example.co.us) do not have a direct parent zone ('co.us' in this example), which is legal but can cause confusion.INFONS records at parent serversYour NS records at the parent servers are:
    ns1.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.202] [TTL=172800] [US]ns2.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.203] [TTL=172800] [US][These were obtained from e.gtld-servers.net]PASSParent nameservers have your nameservers listedOK. When someone uses DNS to look up your domain, the first step (if it doesn't already know about your domain) is to go to the parent servers. If you aren't listed there, you can't be found. But you are listed there.PASSGlue at parent nameserversOK. The parent servers have glue for your nameservers. That means they send out the IP address of your nameservers, as well as their host names.PASSDNS servers have A recordsOK. All your DNS servers either have A records at the zone parent servers, or do not need them (if the DNS servers are on other TLDs). A records are required for your hostnames to ensure that other DNS servers can reach your DNS servers. Note that there will be problems if your DNS servers do not have these same A records.status = "Waiting for NS results from your nameservers...";NSINFONS records at your nameserversYour NS records at your nameservers are:
    ns2.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.203] [TTL=172800]ns1.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.202] [TTL=172800]FAILOpen DNS serversERROR: One or more of your nameservers reports that it is an open DNS server. This usually means that anyone in the world can query it for domains it is not authoritative for (it is possible that the DNS server advertises that it does recursive lookups when it does not, but that shouldn't happen). This can cause an excessive load on your DNS server. Also, it is strongly discouraged to have a DNS server be both authoritative for your domain and be recursive (even if it is not open), due to the potential for cache poisoning (with no recursion, there is no cache, and it is impossible to poison it). Also, the bad guys could use your DNS server as part of an attack, by forging their IP address. Problem record(s) are: Server 66.45.249.202 reports that it will do recursive lookups. [test]Server 66.45.249.203 reports that it will do recursive lookups. [test]See this page for info on closing open DNS servers.
    PASSMismatched glueOK. The DNS report did not detect any discrepancies between the glue provided by the parent servers and that provided by your authoritative DNS servers.PASSNo NS A records at nameserversOK. Your nameservers do include corresponding A records when asked for your NS records. This ensures that your DNS servers know the A records corresponding to all your NS records.PASSAll nameservers report identical NS recordsOK. The NS records at all your nameservers are identical. PASSAll nameservers respondOK. All of your nameservers listed at the parent nameservers responded.PASSNameserver name validityOK. All of the NS records that your nameservers report seem valid (no IPs or partial domain names).PASSNumber of nameserversOK. You have 2 nameservers. You must have at least 2 nameservers (RFC2182 section 5 recommends at least 3 nameservers), and preferably no more than 7.FAILLame nameserversERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:
    PASSMissing (stealth) nameserversOK. All 2 of your nameservers (as reported by your nameservers) are also listed at the parent servers.PASSMissing nameservers 2OK. All of the nameservers listed at the parent nameservers are also listed as NS records at your nameservers. PASSNo CNAMEs for domainOK. There are no CNAMEs for exclusiveestatesng.com. RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 state that there should be no CNAMEs if an NS (or any other) record is present.PASSNo NSs with CNAMEsOK. There are no CNAMEs for your NS records. RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 state that there should be no CNAMEs if an NS (or any other) record is present.WARNNameservers on separate class C'sWARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location.PASSAll NS IPs publicOK. All of your NS records appear to use public IPs. If there were any private IPs, they would not be reachable, causing DNS delays.PASSTCP AllowedOK. All your DNS servers allow TCP connections. Although rarely used, TCP connections are occasionally used instead of UDP connections. When firewalls block the TCP DNS connections, it can cause hard-to-diagnose problems.WARNSingle Point of FailureWARNING: Although you have at least 2 NS records, they may both point to the same server (neither of our two tests is sure; it appears that there are one or more firewall(s) that intercept and alter DNS packets), which would result in a single point of failure. You are required to have at least 2 nameservers per RFC 1035 section 2.2.INFONameservers versionsYour nameservers have the following versions:

66.45.249.202: "9.2.4"
    66.45.249.203: "9.2.4"
    status = "Waiting for SOA responses from your nameservers...";PASSStealth NS record leakageYour DNS servers do not leak any stealth NS records (if any) in non-NS requests.SOAFAILSOA RecordNo valid SOA record came back:

Legend:

• Rows with a FAIL indicate a problem that in most cases really should be fixed.
    • Rows with a WARN indicate a possible minor problem, which often is not worth pursuing.
    • Note that all information is accessed in real-time (except where noted), so this is the freshest information about your domain.
    • Note that automated usage is not tolerated; please only view the DNS report directly with your web browser.
    status = "Done!";

(C) Copyright 2000-2006 DNSstuff.com

I think the first post was jumbled up.I hope this one is more clear and seperated

DNS Report for exclusiveestatesng.com

Generated by
    www.DNSreport.com at 15:35:13 GMT on 12 Oct 2006.

Category

Status

Test Name

Information

Parent
    PASS
    Missing Direct Parent check
    OK. Your direct parent zone exists, which is good. Some domains (usually third or fourth level domains, such as example.co.us) do not have a direct parent zone ('co.us' in this example), which is legal but can cause confusion.
    INFO
    NS records at parent servers
    Your NS records at the parent servers are:
    ns1.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.202] [TTL=172800] [US]
    ns2.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.203] [TTL=172800] [US]
    [These were obtained from e.gtld-servers.net]
    PASS
    Parent nameservers have your nameservers listed
    OK. When someone uses DNS to look up your domain, the first step (if it doesn't already know about your domain) is to go to the parent servers. If you aren't listed there, you can't be found. But you are listed there.
    PASS
    Glue at parent nameservers
    OK. The parent servers have glue for your nameservers. That means they send out the IP address of your nameservers, as well as their host names.
    PASS
    DNS servers have A records
    OK. All your DNS servers either have A records at the zone parent servers, or do not need them (if the DNS servers are on other TLDs). A records are required for your hostnames to ensure that other DNS servers can reach your DNS servers. Note that there will be problems if your DNS servers do not have these same A records.

NS
    INFO
    NS records at your nameservers
    Your NS records at your nameservers are:
    ns2.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.203] [TTL=172800]
    ns1.synchronizeit.com. [66.45.249.202] [TTL=172800]

FAIL
    Open DNS servers
    ERROR: One or more of your nameservers reports that it is an open DNS server. This usually means that anyone in the world can query it for domains it is not authoritative for (it is possible that the DNS server advertises that it does recursive lookups when it does not, but that shouldn't happen). This can cause an excessive load on your DNS server. Also, it is strongly discouraged to have a DNS server be both authoritative for your domain and be recursive (even if it is not open), due to the potential for cache poisoning (with no recursion, there is no cache, and it is impossible to poison it). Also, the bad guys could use your DNS server as part of an attack, by forging their IP address. Problem record(s) are:
    Server 66.45.249.202 reports that it will do recursive lookups. [test]
    Server 66.45.249.203 reports that it will do recursive lookups. [
    test]

See this page for info on closing open DNS servers.

PASS
    Mismatched glue
    OK. The DNS report did not detect any discrepancies between the glue provided by the parent servers and that provided by your authoritative DNS servers.
    PASS
    No NS A records at nameservers
    OK. Your nameservers do include corresponding A records when asked for your NS records. This ensures that your DNS servers know the A records corresponding to all your NS records.
    PASS
    All nameservers report identical NS records
    OK. The NS records at all your nameservers are identical.
    PASS
    All nameservers respond
    OK. All of your nameservers listed at the parent nameservers responded.
    PASS
    Nameserver name validity
    OK. All of the NS records that your nameservers report seem valid (no IPs or partial domain names).
    PASS
    Number of nameservers
    OK. You have 2 nameservers. You must have at least 2 nameservers (RFC2182 section 5 recommends at least 3 nameservers), and preferably no more than 7.
    FAIL
    Lame nameservers
    ERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:

PASS
    Missing (stealth) nameservers
    OK. All 2 of your nameservers (as reported by your nameservers) are also listed at the parent servers.
    PASS
    Missing nameservers 2
    OK. All of the nameservers listed at the parent nameservers are also listed as NS records at your nameservers.
    PASS
    No CNAMEs for domain
    OK. There are no CNAMEs for exclusiveestatesng.com. RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 state that there should be no CNAMEs if an NS (or any other) record is present.
    PASS
    No NSs with CNAMEs
    OK. There are no CNAMEs for your NS records. RFC1912 2.4 and RFC2181 10.3 state that there should be no CNAMEs if an NS (or any other) record is present.
    WARN
    Nameservers on separate class C's
    WARNING: All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations. You should not have all of your nameservers at the same location. RFC2182 3.1 goes into more detail about secondary nameserver location.
    PASS
    All NS IPs public
    OK. All of your NS records appear to use public IPs. If there were any private IPs, they would not be reachable, causing DNS delays.
    PASS
    TCP Allowed
    OK. All your DNS servers allow TCP connections. Although rarely used, TCP connections are occasionally used instead of UDP connections. When firewalls block the TCP DNS connections, it can cause hard-to-diagnose problems.
    WARN
    Single Point of Failure
    WARNING: Although you have at least 2 NS records, they may both point to the same server (neither of our two tests is sure; it appears that there are one or more firewall(s) that intercept and alter DNS packets), which would result in a single point of failure. You are required to have at least 2 nameservers per RFC 1035 section 2.2.
    INFO
    Nameservers versions
    Your nameservers have the following versions:

66.45.249.202: "9.2.4"
    66.45.249.203: "9.2.4"

PASS
    Stealth NS record leakage
    Your DNS servers do not leak any stealth NS records (if any) in non-NS requests.

SOA
    FAIL
    SOA Record
    No valid SOA record came back:

You got really bad DNS problems there. I can see in dnsreport and its sister site
    dnsstuff they're not able to pull up the Address (A) record and Start of Authority
    (SOA) records.

In layperson's terms, computers don't know whom to "refer" you to when a query
    for the domain name is made for it. In your case, your specific query to look up the
    website for your domain name isn't being routed to the machine handling it.

Without going into detail, check with your host synchronizeit.com. Looks like some-
    one dropped the ball on this one.

In the WHM, the account is up and active. Also when i click the ip, the page shows but it doesnt work with the full domain name. Is there any other way the host can obstruct it? Could it be from the registrar?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvage
    Could it be from the registrar?
    No. No. NO!!!

This is from your badly misconfigured zonefile ONLY. By 'zonefile' I mean this. Can you please post full contents of it, please?

Thank you.

OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime