Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy The problem on Site5

Hi,

We have still a reseller account on Site5. Because we have hundred and hundred accounts on Site5's servers and so we cannot move them to our new hosting company. We tryed to contact with Site5 yesterday by using our different email accounts. But their ticket system did not sent auto respond and we could not receive a response from them. Are there a problem on their systems? Please inform me if you know.

Thanks.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I suggest you try every possible way to contact them. They are not as prompt as they used to be, if they have a phone number, dial it. The fact that you send them an email about moving out, they probably place your email at the end of the queue(maybe) just keep trying mate..

Good luck!
    Zac
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

What are you still doing with Site5 anyway? (I should be asking myself that question. I still have 2 reseller accounts with them).

Look for another hosting company and talk to them about moving all your sites for free. Site5 uses WHM/cPanel and all you have to do is find another host also using WHM/cPanel. They'll do the move for you.

Don't wait for doomsday to come.

It took over 24 hours for their tech support to reply with

"This has been removed. If there is anything else we can do please let us know."

in response to Seafaring being blacklisted.
    internet Computing Solutions - www.icoso.com
    Web Site Hosting/Design - Internet/Network Consultant

Hello,

I would start looking for the company on the net like a person. Search for whois info, business records, reverse lookup their address, etc.

Good luck with getting the move.

TWG

dhcart,
    If you are using cPanel, and have another Reseller setup elsewhere, then you should be able to transfer all the accounts over without their help. Use the transfer function in WHM to do this, then just point the DNS to the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinGeek
    dhcart,
    If you are using cPanel, and have another Reseller setup elsewhere, then you should be able to transfer all the accounts over without their help. Use the transfer function in WHM to do this, then just point the DNS to the new server.
    That function is only available if you have the administration WHM.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

If they don't have that function with their Reseller account, then they should ask their new Hosting company to do that for them. Companies have done nicer things... its up to them.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LivinGeek
    dhcart,
    The function is not available on a reseller account. So we can only move the accounts manually. Our new hosting company asked $530 for moving. But this price is expensive for us.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Sorry to hear that. If you haven't already invested too much to the new hosting company, I would shop around and ask other hosts to do this for you. Its seriously just a click of a button on WHM to do this, and we see that 95% of the time all the accounts are transferred without any issues.

How many accounts do you need to move that you host asked you $530?
    Also, what you can do is a full backup of the account and directly upload to your account on your new host.
    Once you have that done, as them to restore the backups, they have to enter only 1 line to do it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I'd steer clear of any reseller host that charges money for a simple WHM account transfer, it doesn't bode well for the future. It's in their interest after all that your sites go online on their server as soon as possible, so that you are a happy customer becoming loyal fast. If they don't see it that way, they might not care much about you as a customer anyway.

The function is not available on a reseller account. So we can only move the accounts manually. Our new hosting company asked $530 for moving. But this price is expensive for us.
    Maybe you need to find a new web host that will do the transfer free of charge. $530 seems a bit too much.

As Jedito mentioned, download full cpanel backups and then upload them to your new web host and request that they restore it for you. There should be no charge to do that.

Downloading hundreds of full cPanel backups to your local computer and then uploading them from there to the server is pretty much a no go, unless you have at least 5 mbps upstream (which you probably don't).

I have a reseller account at Site5 and must let you know they're really frauds.
    I read almost all posts about Site5 everywhere in WHT: they never continue a year without a major dive.
    When they're up they're good but when they go down they really hit the bottom.
    I can't recommend them to anyone anymore.
    I deceided to try JaguarPC for a month if they're fine I'll totally go on with them.
    Omar Abdel-Wahab
    LAMP Developer
    http://www.owahab.com

Quote Originally Posted by RambOrc
    Downloading hundreds of full cPanel backups to your local computer and then uploading them from there to the server is pretty much a no go, unless you have at least 5 mbps upstream (which you probably don't).
    There's no need of download/upload
    You can do a server to server transfer of the backups files through Cpanel.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Moving hundred and hundred accounts on Site5's servers for free?

I think that will depends on how much you are paying a month at the new host and what kind of accounts that are going to be moved.

To some people selling below cost is also good business model.

Not sure if you have jailed ssh, but you can also use rsync to do mass transfers. Cpanel's transfer system sometimes tends to timeout on large transfers. There are other ways to do transfers but it depends upon the type of sites you have / the config of the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart
    That's good value, compared to migrating those domains yourself. You said you have hundreds of domains to migrate. You can't expect your new host to migrate them all for free.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by RambOrc
    I'd steer clear of any reseller host that charges money for a simple WHM account transfer, it doesn't bode well for the future. It's in their interest after all that your sites go online on their server as soon as possible, so that you are a happy customer becoming loyal fast. If they don't see it that way, they might not care much about you as a customer anyway.
    I'd steer clear of any reseller host that doesn't charge money for hundreds of incoming transfers. It's obvious they don't have a full grasp of what's involved, or so desperate for the new business that they're willing to do hundreds of migrations for free. It's not a matter of using the "simple WHM account transfer". That's nuts, for hundreds of domains. That function is so buggy, I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole. Then you have to deal with the endless post-transfer support issues.

You need to FTP from server to server, the full cpanel backup for each domain, and then restore that backup on the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    You need to FTP from server to server, the full cpanel backup for each domain, and then restore that backup on the new server.
    Some more technically inclined hosts can/have created an automated tool to do exactly as described above. Thus how can it be bad to do migrations for free?

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Some more technically inclined hosts can/have created an automated tool to do exactly as described above. Thus how can it be bad to do migrations for free?
    We migrate up to 25 domains for free, and that covers 99% of new migrations we do, but charge a small fee per domain, for anything beyond that. We also have an inhouse tool that completely automates the entire backup/restore process for multiple domain migrations (hence why I wouldn't touch cpanel's transfer tool with a 40 foot pole), but it's not something that can be used for hundreds and hundreds of domain migrations. Having said that, I would never migrate hundreds of domains into a reseller account, and I don't think you would either.

We migrate up to 25 domains for free, and that covers 99% of new migrations we do, but charge a small fee per domain, for anything beyond that. We also have an inhouse tool that completely automates the entire backup/restore process for multiple domain migrations (hence why I wouldn't touch cpanel's transfer tool with a 40 foot pole), but it's not something that can be used for hundreds and hundreds of domain migrations. Having said that, I would never migrate hundreds of domains into a reseller account, and I don't think you would either.
    Whilst we don't deal with cPanel, a hosting company can't be expected to perform migration of hundreds of domains at no charge. Migrations require skilled people, a lot of time, and typically generate a lot of post migration support questions.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

You said it Jay. Although we're prepared to do free migrations, up to a point (25 domains), but not for hundreds of domains. That's nuts. The post migration support for that would be a nightmare.

The best thing to do for migrating hundreds of sites, would be to break the migrations up into smaller batches. That way you deal with the post migration support issues for that batch, and then migrate the next batch over.

You said it Jay. Although we're prepared to do free migrations, up to a point (25 domains), but not for hundreds of domains. That's nuts. The post migration support for that would be a nightmare.
    I don't recall seeing that stipulation on www.dotable.com, care to point it out to me? (If you think it's offtopic, feel free to PM it to me).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast