Opportunity for Enthusiastic Designer!

One (or more) opportunity has arisen for a position within my start-up business.

Who I am
    My name is Stephen Coyle. I’m 18. I’m currently residing in Aberdeen, Scotland. While in Aberdeen I work as a sales canvasser for a leading insurance broker as well as study English & Management at the University of Aberdeen. I’m looking to establish a graphic design company which provides a range of services (web design, brochure design, etc.) to a broad range of organizations.

My main responsibilities within the business will be recruiting a small team (perhaps one individual, but most likely 2-4 people, depends on you I suppose!) that can meet the requirements of the project ahead. I will also be responsible for aquring clients (methods used will include newspaper advertisements, existing business links, flyers, posters and others), liasing and meeting with clients to establish their wants, presenting this in a clear way to the designer and presenting work directly to the client. I will also have other responsibilities that aren’t really relevant or important at this point in time. Generally managing the works of the business.

I will be financing the business 100% off my own back. I have the funds in place to do this, they’re no third parties involved.

What I’m looking for
    I’m looking for an individual, but probably individuals who have experience in graphic design, who currently have a range of works that I can view and who are interested in working in this project with me. I require your creative input into the business, I want to know what you need and what you want from this project and what you’re willing to put in. I’d prefer to work with someone from the UK, it’s easier for communication purposes, I’m not always going to be able to email you at the drop of a hat, I like dealing with people on the phone, its more convienient… But if you’re American, Australian, European, whatever, I don’t mind paying the international rates and staying up late if you’re what I’m looking for!

I need reliability. I need someone with a passion for graphic design, who cares about what they’re doing for OUR clients and who are willing to put in the hard graft in order to ripe the juicey rewards.

If you’re interested… Keep on reading!

I want you to e-mail me. I want to know what you’ve done and what you’re doing, even if it isn’t anything interesting. Where you’re from, what age you are and what you can give to this project. Not ******** answers please, be straight with me, I’m a big boy I can handle it – if you want to make a lot of cold hard cash, I’m not going to get upset about it. I also want your portfolio, some examples of the work you can do and a list of the work you can do… Menus, business cards, catalogues your speciality but crap at websites? Fine, tell me, don’t keep it a secret! Also, let me know how long this work took, I’m looking for someone who can work fast, but I don’t want someone just to knock something together and it looks crap, I want quality first and foremost, but I’m a fast worker, I get things done, I expect the same from the people I work with – waiting 4 weeks on a menu isn’t my idea of fun and I’m sure it’s not going to be the client’s either.

So I guess you could divide it into the following headings:

General
    - What you’ve done/experience
    - What’s your turnover time like? Work examples/time it took you to complete them (be honest please)

Personal
    - Name

What are you giving to this project?
    What do you want out of this project?
    Portfolio/What you can do

Or something like that, just answer everything and add any additional information you feel might be useful.

If you have any questions, please get in touch too, I’ll be more than happy to answer them. I want the people involved with my business to be involved from the start, I don’t want to establish a structure and then have to adjust it or find specific employees that fit into my structure, you can help create the processes and culture of this business.

Initially I’ll be starting this off as an Aberdeen/Fife project, advertising in both areas, as well as the internet too. I’ll also be looking to get someone to take control generating business online, I’m sure someone could do it more efficiently and at a lower opportunity cost than I could! If that’s something that interests you, let me know, although I’ll probably advertise for that as and when the need arises.

I think that about covers everything – please don’t hesitate if something is unclear/incomplete or you just have a general query, reply or email me.

Thanks for your time,
    Stephen Coyle
    [email protected]

I've had some interest regarding this project, yet I'm still seeking MORE designers. I'm happy to look at anyone with any coding/flash/graphics interests. I must stress the importance of a HIGH QUALITY of work, I don't want someone who just spends ten minutes on something.

I don't think I made clear before either the kind of work I'll be expecting you to do:

Once operational, I'll be advertising in local media, meeting with business owners to discuss web development, graphic design and potentially other services. You can expect at LEAST a three figure sum for your time and I'll also be offering the most regular work to those who I find are reliable and have a consistent high quality.

Apply, don't miss an opportunity.