Does anyone have something good to say about Site5?

I signed up with them a few weeks ago because of a recommendation from a friend. I have a new site that is almost ready to launch (which is the reason why I openned the account with them), yet after all of the negative comments I have been reading about them, I am considering canceling my account before getting burned myself.

Does anyone have anything good to say about these guys?

I had something good to say about them ...in the past ...now I'm glad I canceled with them.
    Anyway ...stick around and see how it goes, if you don't like it cancel within the refund period.
    Got Fused?

I had a lot of good things to say about Site5 until they started going downhill early this year. I moved out back in May.

That being said, I imagine there are many, many satisfied Site5 clients. I think it depends on what you expect and what your needs are. Like Siropel said, give it a try and if things are going badly, cancel during the money back guarantee period. You never know, they may be just fine for your needs.

Good luck to you and please report back in a month or so and let us know how it goes.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

My story is pretty much the same. For what I needed at the time, they were great. Then I moved most of my sites to a VPS when they dragged their feet on PHP5 for way too long. I was glad I did when I started having daily outages this year. I finally moved the rest of my domains to the VPS.

I think they went through quite a few growing pains but I will they that their technical staff seems very competent and responsive. Of course everyone's experience is different so you should stick around for a bit and see if they suit your needs. Use a free monitor service such as HostTracker.com to monitor your site for downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by budbiss
    Does anyone have anything good to say about these guys?
    Their web designer is excellent!

I would recommend you leave Site5. You may or may not have problems with them, but why take the risk? At best, you'll get service you could have gotten with another host. At worst, you'll suffer a lot of downtime and frustration trying to get your web site back online, your e-mail working, etc. You should award your business to a company that has managed its growth responsibly, that tries to ensure all of its customers receive quality service, not to a company that has a record of making empty promises of improving its service while only making significant changes to its marketing and promotions.
    Last edited by placebo3; 10-11-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by placebo3
    You should award your business to a company that has managed its growth responsibly, that tries to ensure all of its customers receive quality service, not to a company that has a record of making empty promises of improving its service while only making significant changes to its marketing and promotions.
    Excellent advice.

I think they have some good ideas.
    Maybe they didn't implemented well enough, though.

Many of my own site management scripts has something similar to "flash back".
    All updates to static html files and scripts are checked in with RCS,
    and I can go back to any revision, see diffs between them.
    (It's more or less standard feature in several wiki scripts, too)
    My scripts have a bit more features like shell interface and very small/light.
    (They are written in OCaml and compiled, or written in perl/python
    without using heavy standard modules.)

And their forum was fun when I was participating occasionally, early last year.

They have a lot of features, but they aren't reliable.

To be Honest the problems had ceased for about 2 weeks but now, starting last week, more problems with their email services. According to Site 5, they performed an upgrade of the email services. Their response times to tickets are horrible and they remove posts from their forums. That alone shows how dishonest the are.

I thought maybe everything would be OK so I stayed with them after the promises they made. However, they just proved again how bad they really are. I'll be moving ASAP!
    internet Computing Solutions - www.icoso.com
    Web Site Hosting/Design - Internet/Network Consultant

On the email, I wonder if that's what I saw when a server was upgraded. It had an older cpanel--the newer version changed exim to a different (better) format. The conversion process was, to put it mildly, ugly. But once it was done the mail ran better.

I think you will not be able to find a company that has 100% satisfication. They will be happy customers and some that are not. You just have to look at your needs and go with the company that best suits you.