SEO in top ten position

Hi,
    Would you please guide me how to place client website in top ten or first in top ten in google and yahoo search engines? Do we need any help from SEO company? If yes, how are best and reasonable rates? If we don't need any SEO, then who does meta tags stuff at cheap rates?

Thank you,
    vsatec

I signed up with "engine seeker" they said they can make my name to the top 10 for 3 months if i buy keywords, or adwords whatever u call it.. I bought for for 80 dollars for 3 months.. site will not be submitted to google, or yahoo, or msn, those site are payper click.

I'm testing it out for a few months to see how it works.. s

vsatec if you need to ask if you need help then yes you need a seo firm. SEO is a game to be played each and everyday you almost devote more to it then actually running your business. So if you can not dedicate yourself to seo I would recommend trying out a seo firm.

Which are best and reasonable seo firms?

this is a hard work, now depending on what is about your web site, second look and see the competitors, 3rd start working on the seo optimization, add meta tags, description, build your backlinks and so on. this si a hard work and usually takes time and good work so you can be in the top 10 on yahoo and google.
    If you need more help let me know.

I can give you some advices.
    I wouldn't recommend sex- drinks- or Mac for everyone but they work for me.
    Programming Help, OS System Help, Articles, Videos, Tutorials, Books-Web Dot Dev http://www.webdotdev.com

webnetwork, i got your point. I am looking for some seo person who can do what you mentioned. Do you or anyone know who can does for my websites. I want to give price quote to my client websites. What price quotes i should give to clients?

Please let me know.

well these depends on the many things, depens on your work first and how you optimize the website.
    wish i could give you an answer about the prices but i don't have a clue, i only did the optimization just for my website and no one else. and i never was thinking on doing for others. but if you need a help or an advice i can help you but without the prices.
    make a search on google and see maybe you will get a help, or try a freelancer website and see there.
    Programming Help, OS System Help, Articles, Videos, Tutorials, Books-Web Dot Dev http://www.webdotdev.com

It is very hard to find a good web seo company these days. Either go with someone you trust, a large website you have heard good things about or research everyting about web seo yourself on google.
    Professional UK Web Hosting Company.

Start with well formed XHTML markup. Your titles, headings and body copy should start with most important keywords to least important. You will have to adjust your writing style to acheive this, but it really does work. Use descriptive alt="" tags in your images. Google doesn't look at <meta name="keywords", but the others still do, so it's a good idea to use them. Again most important to least.

You really have to research and evaluate what keywords you want to be optimized for. Look at competitors and what their using and make adjustments. Link, links, links and fresh content will get you a long way too!

If you have a large site, submit an XML sitemap to google.

Guys, probably you need to ask ksgaservices how to optimize your websites. According to his post:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=554310
    he knows a lot about SEO.

[QUOTE=millerdesign]Use descriptive alt="" tags in your images. Google doesn't look at <meta name="keywords", but the others still do, so it's a good idea to use them. Again most important to least. [QUOTE]

I have a problem with that when I was validating a page alt tabs could not have spaces so i used _ now does google take out the underscore or do i need to go with unvalid pages?
    Last edited by deastwood; 10-14-2006 at 02:07 PM.

As far as I know, spaces are OK within an alt tag. Got a link to your page, I like to see the error.

put in underscores so no error showing and its gone to the customer now but next time im working with a site ill check the errors again make sure i wasn't misreading something.

SEO means optimising web pages so that they can communicate better with search engines in delivering content related to particular keyword phrases. Any seo firm that promises top 10 ranking is no professional, and don't use them. SEO isn't just about meta keywords, description, title. It involves content, backlinks, page structure.
    Webmaster Magazine
    Online magazine providing the latest Internet news and webmaster know-how articles and resources in web developments, ecommerce and seo fields.
    Keyword Advisor
    Use our keyword advisor to check your keyword competitive rate.

well in the end some one who is right about seo