ENOM defaulted our domain name

I purchased a domain name thru MSN 2 years ago. I was forced to renew the domain name with ENOM 2 weeks ago. Since then, ENOM put my domain name in default. The domain name is very important to my business. I called ENOM and they told me to write to their fraud department because there was no way to contact them by phone. I emailed [email protected] and fraud[email protected], neither of which emailed or called me back. Their sales department said I must have committed fraud. I most certainly did not committ any fraud. I didn't have any problems with the domain when MSN sold it to me. How can ENOM steal my domain name for no reason and refuse to discuss the situation? Is there any way I can get my domain name back?

how did you pay for the renewal? it could be related to that

Paid with credit card which was posted to my account on October 2nd. The payment went thru fine, no decline, no reversal, no charge-back.

Did the payment go to enom or MSN? Maybe you made payment to MSN and they didn't pay enom?
    Toeki Enterprises Co. (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, MoneyBookers, Credit Card, Bank Transfers and Western Union. [AWBS Reseller]
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net / http://www.dots.ws

Payment was made directly to enom. I'm looking at my VISA statement. Shows payment made on 10/2 with eNoms phone number in the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsangrene
    Payment was made directly to enom. I'm looking at my VISA statement. Shows payment made on 10/2 with eNoms phone number in the description.
    This surprises me I will be very interested in how this plays out. Is it still active and can you still operate while this is being resolved? I'm entertaining selling for them, but I won't subject people to this because people depend on me to make sure things like this don't happen to them and their business.

what is the domian name in question?

Quote Originally Posted by webuyhosts
    what is the domian name in question?
    That's not safe for him to reply to at this time.

The situation was resolved yesterday. I'm not sure which of my emails, calls, or fax did the trick. eNom emailed me yesterday. They appologized for their "unfortunate miscommunication". They enabled my domain again. I was not able to make use of the domain while it was disabled. eNom did not offer an explanation as to why they disabled the domain and put my account into their fraud division. Their tech support department did say that MSN dumped about 6 million personal domains on them and that they felt 1/2 of them were being used to committ some type of fraud. I imagine a lot of companies & individuals have been subject to having their domain disabled. It's very frustrating not to be able to speak to eNom's account security department. I'm relieved that my domain was enabled, but worried that eNom will disable it again. I'm transferring the domain to another registrar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsangrene
    I'm transferring the domain to another registrar.
    Thank you for you very valuable feedback. Their explanation makes no sense to me because you had an established account. Incidents like this lower their premier registrar status a little closer to the rest of the pack. I would not bet that it happened to a lot of people because there would be quite a howl on the internet if it did. (Like when some of the others have lost it, and all their customers were off the internet for hours.)

If they had done this to me, I would feel just like you. All I can say is, do your homework so you don't jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Thank you very much for following up.