Thread: GoDaddy.com ???

GoDaddy.com ???

Some don't like it. A friend of mine told me tonite that he likes it.
    I called GKG today cause it was recommended from here. Nice folks.
    Would it be possible for you to post a site that is hosted on GKG and
    let me see how it opens???
    Also, from Godaddy??
    or any other reliable sites is fine.

Now, as far as webdesign pgs like PHP, is there a forum out there that can give advice on that???

Also, someone mentioned "MySql" that I may need that. I want people to be able to establish a screen name and login on the site and post. Is that what SQL is for??

THANKS!

Thanks

From years of personal experience with godaddy, I would stay away from them. They are a horrible host, overloaded servers, uptime is ok....you get what you pay for.

I want people to be able to establish a screen name and login on the site and post. Is that what SQL is for??
    yes, you'd most likely need to use some type of database for that, and MySQL is pretty popular (used by most open source applications).

Now, as far as webdesign pgs like PHP, is there a forum out there that can give advice on that???
    PHP goes a bit beyond web design. It's a programming language. Most web design forums will have a section where questions about it can be asked. We actually have one here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37 , but if you want to, you could visit http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34 as well.

Would it be possible for you to post a site that is hosted on GKG and
    let me see how it opens???
    Also, from Godaddy??
    Comparing the speed of page loading, if that's your goal, can be a complicated science. Load time can depend on lots of factors. One page has lots of images, another is mostly text, one is generated via PHP and gets data from a database, another is straight HTML, one server is close to you, the other is farther (but could be closer to your target market/visitors?). Make sure you're comparing apples to apples!

its a good hosting site, my friend uses it too

Quote Originally Posted by cmbcmb
    its a good hosting site, my friend uses it too
    What kind of a hostng site do you mean?
    MrRadic, what kind of problems did you have with GoDaddy?(downtime, upgrade,support,etc)?

GoDaddy is one of the biggest hosting services. So? it has very many customers, and don't have time for their problems

Quote Originally Posted by dannyy
    What kind of a hostng site do you mean?
    MrRadic, what kind of problems did you have with GoDaddy?(downtime, upgrade,support,etc)?
    The main problem I had with GoDaddy was them being unable to provide the space and bandwidth they offered. I barely used a fraction of what was offered and was hit by the "high cpu usage"....and was forced to move on, this was years ago though. Uptime also seemed to be an issue, although pretty minor. The site would be down a few times during the day for about 10 minutes. The servers were never fast, just "ok".

I barely used a fraction of what was offered and was hit by the "high cpu usage"....
    What type of site did you have with them? What were the traffic/usage statistics?