Google PR Oddities

Ok, I'm in a bit of an odd state here, trying to figure out just what's going on with PR on one of my sites, wondering if anyone else has seen this.

The site: www.geekdownloads.net
    I've had it up and running for a year and a half or so, specializing in geeklog themes, downloads, hacks, plugins, etc.

With the latest geeklog update (this spring), I updated the themes to be compatable with the new version , and added an "updated by geek-downloads.net" link @ the footer.

With the new PR update, I'm seeing the oddest activity though, and here's where I'm stumped.

Just this afternoon, I looked at the page in BOTH FF and IE, using the toolbar. Google said it was a PR3 (boooooh!). However, all of the pr check sites say it's a 5. After closing FF out, it goes back to a 5 in the toolbar.

This isn't the first time I've seen this since the latest PR update, in fact, it's the second or third time I've seen it. Previously it was a 3, I'm assuming it's now a 5, but it still bounces back to 3 every once in a while. Any ideas why this might be??
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Hi,

This might be of interests to you
    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/new-to...ranks-visible/

Seems some of googles servers are still to be updated. I've had a site go from PR1 to PR5 and it seems fairly random as to which is shown.

If you enter your domain here - http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/future-pagerank/ - you will see some servers display PR3 and some show PR5.
    Steve

What I gather from that is that the data at each of the DC's isn't synced yet, causing the toolbar to fluctuate like this?

Seems odd that someone as big as google wouldn't update on an almost instant basis there.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons