Thread: SATA Help

SATA Help

Hi, I just purchase an ECS P4M800PRO-M. I tried to connect my Drive to my SATA and my BOIS nor my Window detects it. I checked my BOIS and everything was enabled. Do you think its a chipset? If so, where can I download it? I cant seem to find it in the ECS site. Thank You

South Daytona, FL
    If the BIOS doesn't detect the SATA drive then Windows wont either. Double check that you have both the data (SATA) cable and power cable plugged into the drive, then when powering on listen if you can hear the drive spin up (or hold it to feel if it spins up). Then go back into the BIOS and see if the SATA1 line shows the drive.

PS make certain you are plugged into the SATA1 socket on the board, most boards will not recognize a single drive if it is plugged into the second SATA socket.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Trau is right. If your BIOS cannot detect it, even your OS wont be able to. Let me guess, your hard disk is Sata 3.0 and your trying to install it on a mobo which doesnt support it...? This could be a possiblity... If this is the case then fear not, you still should be able to use this hard disk. All you'll have to do is change the jumper settings on the HD.

First find out if indeed you have a SATA 3.0 HDD than refer to its manufacturers site for information on how to change the settings on the jumper.

No its a Hitachi DVD Rom....