Question Shared hosting for a website

Hi all!!

I entered here to ask you about a nice hosting for my website (design website + the designed websites).

The features that I'm looking for are:
    - 1GB+ space
    - 100GB+ bandwidth
    - Price: No more than 200/$ (I'm from Spain)

I hold my websites in spanish servers, but the quality is poor and the features almost none of what I want.
    I heard about MediaTemple and DreamHost. It seems like the second one it's made for small and not too much dynamic websites because their CPU usage limit... I have read nice reviews about MediaTemple, but I don't know what is their bandwidth (I'm talking about the Shared Hosting PRO package), it's 30GB? Or 1TB? (The order section says 30GB and the plans section says 1TB...)

Thanks all!!

Regards, Alvaro

Hola Alvaro

Do you mean 200€ per year, right?

Do you have any preference on control panel, OS? or anything?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I normally use Linux servers and no preferences on CP... A simple CP that allows you all! Ow sure!! And an unlimited number of MySQL DB! (PHP support... etc)

Thanks for your response!

PD: Yes, 200€ or 200$!
    PD2: I need a server with warranties... I need a stable server with no... (I dunno how to say... "falls"? "downtime"?, I just don't want to appear offline almost never...)
    Last edited by Alvaretion; 10-10-2006 at 11:54 AM.

you asked 1g/100g, do you really need 100g bandwidth? you can search host offer area.

Well, I have a website hosted into a friend's server with no bandwidth limit... And since October 1st to today, the bandwidth has gone up to 250gB... IN 10 DAYS! And going up... So I need 100gb minimum...

I don't want to see how people offers their hosting company with no realities... I want to know real experiences and people recomendations... I've seen DownTownHost from the Jedito's footer... And it looks like it covers all my needings...

Thanks all!!

Keep posting please

If you've used 250GB in 10 days then unless you are going to make drastic changes to what you are serving, a shared host is not going to be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvaretion
    Well, I have a website hosted into a friend's server with no bandwidth limit... And since October 1st to today, the bandwidth has gone up to 250gB... IN 10 DAYS! And going up... So I need 100gb minimum...

I don't want to see how people offers their hosting company with no realities... I want to know real experiences and people recomendations... I've seen DownTownHost from the Jedito's footer... And it looks like it covers all my needings...

Thanks all!!

Keep posting please
    If you are truly using more than 250gb be looking at a VPS or Dedicated solution. Anything under that, most hosts should be able to help you with at a pretty good price .

I think that he meant 25 GB (near to 75 GB per month) that's why is looking for 100 GB per month.
    I can be wrong though
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

It's true, 250Gb in 10 days... Is a Dj website, with session, mp3 and video downloads... VPS is quite expensive for my wallet... Could you tell me a nice VPS hoster with normal prices?

Thanks!

I'd get a dedicated or vps from www.liquidweb.com. You might pay a little bit more, but they are AMAZING in every aspect of the word.

Best of luck with your search!
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

It seems like the second one it's made for small and not too much dynamic websites because their CPU usage limit...
    If you're talking about the CPU minutes thingy, that's gone. Their new policy appears to be more or less like any other shared host now. You create trouble on the server, you're asked to upgrade/move.

The order section says 30GB and the plans section says 1TB...
    I'd like to know more about this, but I can't find the page where you say it states 30GB. A link or step by step path to that page would be good. Thank you!

What types of sites do you host? Are they mostly static in nature (HTML files, images)?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    What types of sites do you host? Are they mostly static in nature (HTML files, images)?
    Answer below.

It's true, 250Gb in 10 days... Is a Dj website, with session, mp3 and video downloads... VPS is quite expensive for my wallet... Could you tell me a nice VPS hoster with normal prices?
    If the web site is using 250gb in 10 days, how would you be able to manage with only 100gb per month?

If the web site is using 250gb in 10 days, how would you be able to manage with only 100gb per month?[/quote]
    It's really a good question!!!
    Bohica, are you using this host? If yes, what's the URL of your site?

Most of Compaines that advertised 1TB bandwidth they have certain polices. You have to be carefull in choosing a host like that i personally had problems thats why i have to move my sites to dedicate machine.

I am afraid with that amout of bandwidth the only choice will be go for Dedicated machine.
    Uk Web Hosting - FreeZone.co.uk A UK Based Web Hosting Company Provides Domains and Affordable Quality Web Hosting and Internet Solutions.

Buy Domain Name - Budget Web Hosting

Well, I have that website hosted in a friend's server, but it's not fair to host all my websites there... That dj website is the unique that needs an extra bandwidth... I host other ones of discos in servers with 20 & 50Gb, and both include forums, user logins, dynamic content etcetera...

I found a BIG problem in MediaTemple... The poor number of DB... 5!!! I can't do anything with FIVE DB... It's like a huge car with a very small engine...

So I would need a VPS solution... But I've never done anything on a VPS and dunno how to work on it... By the way, the price is quite expensive for me... For example, LiquidWeb its like 60$/month, the cheapest solution it's like 720$ per year... It's a huge quantity for me!

Thanks!