What do you all think about Lunarpages?

On webhostingjury.com they get very good reviews... http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/Lunarpages

Do you guys agree that they are a good one to go with?

I would be careful with most "webhost rating" sites around the web, as mainly they are powered by "The host the pays the most, gets to be #1". If you search around you will understand what I'm talking about.

Do a search for lunarpages in the forum, I think thats your best bet for reviews.

LunarPages has Positive Feedback

Yes, you are correct. LunarPages has received very positive feedback from webhostingjury.com. In addition, they have also received positive feedback from other forums on the internet. They have received awards as Best Customer Support and Most Reliable Host. Furthermore, they were rated #1 Web Host by ratemyhost.com.

There are so many hosting companies to choose from on the internet and the decision can be very challenging. The best advice is to try out any hosting company on a monthly basis. Thus, if you are not happy, you can cancel your service and move to another hosting company.

I would also suggest that you contact them a few different times and see the type of response that you get. This will give you a good idea about their customer service. Overall, LunarPages is a good choice.
    Jump ahead with the Froggy Perspective... An Honest Review of the best web hosting companies and web hosting services... jump over to: http://www.zfroggy.com

I use LunarPages for 3 of my sites. Have always had very good luck with them. Very good support... always rated high around the net... great connectivity speeds. Willing to jump through hoops to help you do what you want to do.
    Make money in your jammies!
    6 Steps to Starting a Home Based Business. Get them at:

http://www.tophomebasedbusinessideas.com

I used LunarPages several years ago, and I liked it.
    Most employees were very nice and friendly.
    Their community forum is pretty active/helpful.

There are better deals, these days.
    But LunarPage is still competitive enough, I guess.

for me,
    I cancelled my account form lunarpages because of downtime (5-20 mins per day, everyday)
    yep, they have good customer support but not their server.

Well, I would assume that it depends on the individual user and several different things that may occur during their tenure at LP.

Myself...been there around 3 years now with no problems whatsoever except for one minor glitch earlier this year when they got slammed with a massive DDOS.

Other than that...it's been smooth sailing.

<If it matters, I'm on a Linux machine there>

my account on Lunarpages was Windows Hosting plan.
    I liked their plan & service but their server was only 89% uptime for my website.
    That's why I cancelled my account
    ygnKK

I think HostGator is a better one.

Thumbs down Getting ready to leave

I've been with Lunarpages for about two months now and are getting ready to move my accounts. Downtown on email has been significant. Periods of email outage have, on occasion, exceeded 48 hours. Confirmed that it was not my ISP. Ruled out everything else. The problem is on Lunarpages' end, but they've yet to admit it. Was able to reach tech support fairly quickly, but they've never been able to help.

I get the impression from the research I've done since this problem started that Lunarpages used to be great and have terrific customer service, but complaints have increased significantly over the last 8-10 months. Don't know what's happened, but service for me certainly is not as good as the reviews make it out to be.

I think they are liars.

400 Gigabytes Data Transfer
    $700 CoffeeCup Software FREE
    CoffeeCup software is NOT worth 700.00. I downloaded that junk on shareware.com years ago. You could buy Dreamweaver a few times for that cost!

I challenge someone to use even 100 GB of transfer on that plan. They'll shut you down so fast you won't know what hit you.

I think I'll do that. Put a static page up with a gig zip file, and download it 400 times. Think they'd like that?

CoffeeCup software is NOT worth 700.00. I downloaded that junk on shareware.com years ago. You could buy Dreamweaver a few times for that cost!
    Heh, maybe twice...at the prices Adobe is asking now.

As for the 100 gig transfer...I assume you were on a Basic plan? Shared server hosting is tenuous at best. All it takes is one script to start using excessive resources and a flag goes up. That's why it's best to keep up with the scripts running on your account.

Like I said previously, it all depends on an individual user. Most are not affected, some are.

CoffeeCup software is NOT worth 700.00.
    Value is arguable, but if that's the retail price of the software they give, the description is correct.

just google lunarpages suck

I would be afraid to use a host offering that much bandwidth for the price.
    WebHostingScene.com - Find a web host, read tips and commentary, and keep up with hosting deals and trends

SensibleHosts.com - Locate realistic hosting plans; avoid oversellers!

Having gone through at least 4 -5 hosts , lunarpages host gives me the best experience so far in term of customer support and their pretty useful coffeeshop softwares.

In term of reliability, i think all the hosts that i have experienced have had the same downtime problem but it's understandable with sharehosting .

Lunarpages are ok, for the price. But as said - they might be restrictive with your account-access if you get near the promised allocated bandwidth.

Note that you need to sign up for 24 months in order to get their lowest 6.95 $US per month cost, which to me sounds a bit too long of a commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik
    Lunarpages are ok, for the price. But as said - they might be restrictive with your account-access if you get near the promised allocated bandwidth.

Note that you need to sign up for 24 months in order to get their lowest 6.95 $US per month cost, which to me sounds a bit too long of a commitment.
    2 years of commitment is way too long.... If you ever run into issues regarding your BW, your account can be suspended and your only choice is to upgrade your plan or lose the money and go elsewhere.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    2 years of commitment is way too long.... If you ever run into issues regarding your BW, your account can be suspended and your only choice is to upgrade your plan or lose the money and go elsewhere.
    Thank god for "disposable" credit card numbers (you know those ones that you can generate at your bank's internet-interface).

12 months is the longest commitment term I can see, for a shared hosting environment at least.

There is a new user coupon which you can use to take off 25 buck from the 1 year service . So if you'are new user , I believe it's about 6.00~6.95 per month for 1 year term .

Im not sure if the coupon is still avalaible though ..

But looking at webhostingjury.com

guess the code is still valid

If I ever reach half of the given BW, dedicated/managed service is definitely an affordable option .

Quote Originally Posted by funpcgame
    If I ever reach half of the given BW, dedicated/managed service is definitely an affordable option .
    Depends on what you have served on your pages for reaching that bandwidth quota (200 GB in this case).

If it's static material, there are hosts out there that won't kick you out for using up 200 GB and above.

If you however have dynamically loaded pages and have a bandwidth-usage exceeding 200 GB, you might not want to use a shared hosting solution.

But this is old news, right?!

Old news, Right