Question IntegraHost vs. HostGator <> Dedicated Server Plans

I have found in my research, that IntegraHost offers some good dedicated server packages. Granted, I am with them now and my experience hasn't been that great in the customer support department ... Its been days now that my phone call request has gone unanswered, and it seems like the customer support reps don't know english.

However, the plan I am getting (Reseller) is pretty solid, and the issues I have encountered seem to be minor in the grand scheme of things.

First, I would like to provide links to both plans.

IntegraHost: http://www.integrahost.com/dedicatedplans.php

HostGator: http://www.hostgator.com/dedicated.shtml

Now, I would consider going with the basic packages at both integrahost or hostgator. But, heres what I have a problem with: HostGator's is more expensive, and you only get one 80GB HDD but you get 1,500GB bandwidth. IntegraHost on the other hand, is offering 2x250GB HDD's with 1,000GB bandwidth.

Is that plan legitimate? IntegraHost only charges 149.95 for their basic, and HostGator charges 179 for their. Yet, it seems like IntegraHost clearly has the better deal. Are they blatantly overselling? Because if I got a dedicated, I would use all the space sooner or later for my clients. Also, even if they are overselling, I still have access to my space, right?

-Sam

Note: I am not comparing customer service right now, just the plans themselves. We can get into Customer Support between the two companies another time.
    HostingChoice Web Hosting and Consulting Services
    Host unlimited Domains, MySQL Databases, E-mail Addresses, and FTP Accounts.

Visit us today - http://www.hostingchoice.net

Is that plan legitimate? IntegraHost only charges 149.95 for their basic, and HostGator charges 179 for their. Yet, it seems like IntegraHost clearly has the better deal. Are they blatantly overselling? Because if I got a dedicated, I would use all the space sooner or later for my clients. Also, even if they are overselling, I still have access to my space, right?
    You cannot oversell a dedicated server. If you get a 250gb hard drive, then you should be able to use up that amount without having to worry about getting suspended.

Hostgator servers also include full management, and cpanel. Integrahost is $30 EXTRA for "control panel" (is that cpanel??). If you add/subtract all the other options, it comes to about the same price almost.

I would say HostGator would you a better choice compared to IntegraHost.

Granted, I am with them now and my experience hasn't been that great in the customer support department ... Its been days now that my phone call request has gone unanswered, and it seems like the customer support reps don't know english.
    Why would you want to continue dealing with a company that has horrible support? Granted the issues you've had were minor, but what if a major issue arises and their support is not there to help?

Because of the current reseller plan, and I paid a year prepaid. If something else happens then I will consider switching for sure.

Also ... how can you compare 500GB to 80GB?

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Sam
    I have found in my research, that IntegraHost offers some good dedicated server packages. Granted, I am with them now and my experience hasn't been that great in the customer support department ... Its been days now that my phone call request has gone unanswered, and it seems like the customer support reps don't know english.

However, the plan I am getting (Reseller) is pretty solid, and the issues I have encountered seem to be minor in the grand scheme of things.

First, I would like to provide links to both plans.

IntegraHost: http://www.integrahost.com/dedicatedplans.php

HostGator: http://www.hostgator.com/dedicated.shtml

Now, I would consider going with the basic packages at both integrahost or hostgator. But, heres what I have a problem with: HostGator's is more expensive, and you only get one 80GB HDD but you get 1,500GB bandwidth. IntegraHost on the other hand, is offering 2x250GB HDD's with 1,000GB bandwidth.

-Sam

Note: I am not comparing customer service right now, just the plans themselves. We can get into Customer Support between the two companies another time.
    its hard is you compare this way. quatity is always the selling point for many hosting plan. if giving you third option of terabyte plan, then you will even more confused.

suggest you get the sufficient space only. aim on quality hosting insteed.

Hello,

I think integrahost is much better than hostgator. They give really good servers with quality support. They provide cpanel servers. Their prices cater to the quality they provide.

Thank you.

Regards,

They give good support? I am sorry, but that is a joke and a half.

I am not going to go into that now, but recently I found www.fastservers.net - what do you guys think of that

I agree with Ali
    Why would you want to continue dealing with a company that has horrible support? Granted the issues you've had were minor, but what if a major issue arises and their support is not there to help?
    And there are many great reviews about HostGator, plus their datacenter is ThePlanet, and their network is great.

Hope you make the right choice, and good luck!
    Ryan Smith

I have no say in this but.

Definantly IntegraHost, hostgator really isn't the type you'd think about when you want dedicated servers.

Hostgator is really really high for just 80 GB's of space >.< but the bandwidth is nice.

But i would stick with Integra and reqeust the amount of bandwidth you want, it will probably be cheaper than hostgators at the same amount of bandwidth.

And don't worry about your space you can use as much of that 250 GB's as you please.

Fastservers.net is good to us, and we have our dedicated servers located with them as well. They answer their phones, only use Dell solutions, and ALL speak english.

I think you really need to evaluate your needs here - as far as I can see, both of those machines are P4 machines with 1GB RAM. Unless you are using the server for file storage of some type, there is little chance that you will use 80GB of hard disk space before you are completely taxing the CPU and RAM in the server, let alone filling up a couple of 250GB drives. It is rare for us to fill a 200gb drive to 60 or 70% before taxing a dual CPU server.

Also, I'd guess that Hostgator would be willing to arrange to have the HDD's in your server upgraded for a fee - it would at least be worth giving them a call to ask. Of those two, I'd suggest Hostgator since they offer server management as well. Since it sounds like you are just moving from a reseller account over to a dedicated server (which would likely make you a relative novice server admin), I think you will probably appreciate having some type of server management services available to you. FastServers is also managed, so they would be a good option as well, although I think a bit more expensive than HostGator.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle

Hostgator, as far as I know, resells servers - they're not an actual provider.

I'd suggest you look at a reputable provider found here somewhere.

rob, you bring up some really good points.

HC-Sam,
    As few of people who have thousands of post here replied you, but i would recommend you HOSTGATOR as i have 4 servers with them, and they have a lot of knowledge and are indeed responsive.

How would you rate a 24 hour response time, when one of your client abused your server with any issue, do you think would your other hosted clients on that box would let u have a solution in next 24 hours, NO WAY, clients just need their site back online withing the time you respond.

Hostgator seems bit expensive but when you compare it with the actual cost you incurr in keeping a server safe, sound and available 24x7 they just kick those host who offer cheaper server.

Don't let anything get onto your nerves and hire the Hostgators, i am sure you would not regret this in next few years.

My best wishes to you, rest is your very own best decision.

thanks,
    amodi

I would like to say, you guys have really opened my eyes.

I just finished a live support conversation with a HG rep, and they were extremely helpful.

In addition, cPanel / WHM / Fantastico and server management are included with the price, so it really is a good deal.

With all additions, I would be getting 200GB monthly with 1,500GB of bandwidth. My box would be a P4, with 1GB of RAM.

I am truly glad that it would be managed also ... because they handle all the software updates and I think it would really help me out.

Final price comes down to 209.00 ... but with everything thats included, the level of customer support, the managment, and everything else, I think that is an extremely fair price for my first server.