Toxic juice discovered in at least 10 stores in Toronto

Last edited by cywkevin; 10-10-2006 at 02:24 AM.

I was watching this on the news. Good thing I don't buy carrot juice

"Botulism attacks the junction where the nerves send their messages to the muscles, which causes paralysis. In severe cases in which the breathing muscles are paralyzed, patients need to rely on a ventilator to breathe for them"

Why oh why does it alway work out that way? I mean, why can't it be the way it is in the comic books? Drink bad carrot juice, suddenly be able to jump like a rabbit, have super hearing, telepathic powers....

Wow, I'm with WN-Ali. It's a real good thing I don't buy carrot juice.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Arn't I glad I don't drink it... So many food scandals, we had the cadburys one over here a couple months back
    Walker

It's not just in Canada..."Bolthouse Farms 100 per cent Carrot Juice, Earthbound Farm Organic Carrot Juice and President's Choice Organics 100 per cent Pure Carrot Juice with a best-before date before Nov. 11 were ordered off shelves Sept. 30 after four cases of botulism were linked to toxic carrot juice in the United States."

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls...ouse09_06.html
    Bolthouse Farms Issues Voluntary Recall For 100% Carrot Juice

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Bakersfield, California -- September 29, 2006 -

As a precautionary measure, following incidents involving two bottles of temperature abused 100% Carrot Juice, Wm. Bolthouse Farms of Bakersfield, CA is recalling 100% Carrot Juice. Carrot juice has the potential, if left un-refrigerated, to develop botulism, an illness which can be life-threatening. Proper refrigeration is generally achieved at or below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

Too many food related issues arising. Toxins being sprayed on the food we eat, not good.

In this case it was consumers not following directions and not refrigerating the carrot juice.

From my link above:
    "These results clearly indicate a likely link between consumer temperature abuse and the development of botulinum toxin."

Spinach now carrot juice. What's the world coming to? Even healthy stuff can kill you.