Dedicated Servers Suggestions

Am looking to get a dediacted server, mostly for development purposes. I have some PHP5/MySQL5 projects I am developing and I need the freedom to have control over the environment rather than the limited control i get from a shared hosting develper.

I will not be hosting any heavy-traffic site, although when I test my application I do expect some descent traffic and database queries, so still would like a server that can handle a good amount of users.

My budget for this is around $100 a month, and am currently leaning towards this plan:

http://www.ev1servers.net/Dedicated/...ers/Value.aspx

Does anyone have experience with Ev1servers and specifically the performance of that server? Also any other suggestions and alternatives would be good

thanks

Hi,

Do you need it managed or unmanaged? If unmanaged, try layeredtech.com.

Regards,
    Charles

mmm I guess I would want something like a semi-managed server- I am able to install software and such myself, however I still would want some assistance if something goes wrong...

You can do a lot better then that.

www.steadfast.net entry level server is $100 and the specs are much better. Plus in my own opinion Steadfast is top grade, in terms of everything

Sempron 3000+
    1.6Ghz 512KB Cache Sempron
    250 GB SATA II Hard Drive
    512 MB DDR2 SDRAM
    Silver Management
    Remote Reboot Port

1200GB Bandwidth (100 Mbit/sec port)
    - $99.95 per month | $49.95 Setup

Control Panel free, assuming your needs are basic you can get Direct Admin, Plesk, Interworx free.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

You can get a higher Celeron for $100.
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

I had 3 servers With Ev1server, They Are Good, If there Plans Suits you then Go For them.
    RECOMMENDED

I had 3 servers With Ev1server, They Are Good, If there Plans Suits you then Go For them.
    RECOMMENDED