modernbill, lpanel etc...

Hi guys
    I was looking into modern bill when i came across lpanel and was wondering, will lpanel do the same job? like with all the perchase forms etc, also is there any other software that might be any better than ones mentioned, i have looked on lpanels website but couldnt find anything.

Thanks guys
    Steve

if I had to suggest from the 2, Modernbill is much better, it's also a pain to get setup the first time.

lpanel in my opinion has to many negatives.

Clientexec is another good option, easy to customize the signup pages and quick support time.

The features that ModernBill offers far outweigh the features presented by LPanel.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

Thanks for the replys

Thanks guys
    just wondering one last thing, lpanel has a built in chat system so you can talk to the customer etc, does modernbill have this? if not what do you recommend,

Thanks
    Steve

Be careful about Lpanel

Quote Originally Posted by imhere2009
    Thanks guys
    just wondering one last thing, lpanel has a built in chat system so you can talk to the customer etc, does modernbill have this? if not what do you recommend,

Thanks
    Steve
    Modernbill does not have this feature, but also, modernbill is designed for most users to integrade a 3rd party help desk. I believe both kayako and supporttrio have live chat, and both work with modernbill v4.4, and are supposed to be working on modernbill v5. I tried Lpanel, and found it to be very buggy, and that although I would initially recieve a quick responce to my tickets, they would rarely be resolved. I am currently using modernbill v4.4, and although it is legacy software, it still works great.

I think that once v5.1 is released as stable, a lot of the popular features will be available. It's just a matter of time before the new product fits everyone's needs.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

V5x in MB is almost 2 years overdue for a stable release. They told us las January it would be released so they would stop hearing about bugs in 4.x. They will be to 6 before 5 runs well in a production environment I think.

I use ModernBill, but just now they're having some problems with sending invoices, which has been going on for over 2 months, without a fix.

I've heard some people didn't have problems though, so you could have a go with it.

My friend who runs a hosting company uses ModernBill, and trust me, it's amazing

Quote Originally Posted by ZuxoHosting
    My friend who runs a hosting company uses ModernBill, and trust me, it's amazing
    Nice 3rd post there, LOL. MB is a very complicated piece of software and is far from amazing. It has been really buggy for more than 2 years now and there is no end in site. Don't believe me? Read their forums for complaint after complaint. It is a great product, but for me it became more of a pain in the butt than it was worth. Try looking at AWBS, Ubersmith and others. I have been working with Ubersmith for a month now and it looks very nice and is much more intuitive than MB has become.

whmcs

Hi guys

Whats whmcs like compared to modernbill? i mean does it have the same features? or more?, is it stable? etc

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks Steve

anyone?

anyone please?

I've used WHMCS for around 8 months, and its been great thoroughout, the updates have been large and come regularly. It probably has roughly the same features as Modernbill but the price, simplicity and support of the product are another story. Was a great buy back then and still is now!
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

I recommend www.awbs.com, as it has every feature included in Modernbill... but works better (imho).

It is ugly, however.

I recommend downloading their free trial and actually giving it a good kick, as they don't have any screenshots on their website, so you can't see any of the admin area features/options/setup, etc.

I think www.whmcs.com is a good solution for people with simple/basic hosting needs. It is nicer looking then awbs, but does not have as many features.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!