Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Question www.01-la.com vs. www.clublimelight.com

    Sorry this has nothing to do with hosting, but compare the sites.

    Tell me ...how me what you guys think?

  2. #2
    wat u guys think? you guys compare!
    -thanks

    www.01-la.com
    www.clublimelight.com

  3. #3

    Question

    So what is your point?

    If all you are trying to do is advertise a couple of sites then you are probably wasting your time.

    Ozzie

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,046

    talk about rip

    well first off , One of these sites is a rip , Ill explain right now . ONE entertainment aka ON e (http://01-la.com ) ,has been promoting electronic music events for quite some time now in Los Angeles . For a long time ONE used to just throw raves . For about the past year , give or take some time maybe more, They have been putting on a club at the world famous Hollywood Athletic Club . Tran , who heads up ONE entertainment has pretty much always supplied the public with some quality events . He also hired Eric Jordan of 2advanced studios ( http://2advanced.com ) to design his website . Im not sure if people here are familiar with 2advanced Studios , but they are one of the best flash artist/studio on the internet today . In fact i havent personally seen a site i liked better . This other website , which i highly doubt was designed by 2advanced , being they are professional and wouldnt sell the same design to another promoter , who lets just says is up the street , and will find out , is a straight rip. Second , the only club limelight there has been and ever will be in located in New York City (lucky to have gone), not Mountain View , California . Anyone can plainly see which site is better , not to mention faster as far as the flash is concerned . You can see that the people from clublimelight have been copying people , and are guilty of not being original , but then again , this is why the dance scene has gone downhill in Los Angeles . Anyways , you know were i like to party , hopefully for the designers sake tran nor 2advanced finds out about this because there might be legal action , whoops , too late...........

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    272
    WoW! 2Advanced flash is pretty awesome!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,121

    Re: talk about rip

    Originally posted by case
    They have been putting on a club at the world famous Hollywood Athletic Club .
    By the way, I'd like to kill all the people involved with this. I went to see one of the DJ's that plays there about hosting, and the beeyatch graciously submitted my email address to all the announcement lists and the bastages keep sending me garbage (from many 'promotions' and for various clubs, etrc.). They suck, I'm going to burn that place down.

    The people who registered the URLs are idiots (they seem to be about 12). If I saw them, I'd print out all the emails and make them eat it on the dance floor until they choked to death. People would think they are doing some funky-fresh new move. Sorry, but I can't stand these wastes of skin and bones and I'd rather get spam for viagra and goat sex emails from Russia. If you see them, please kill them for me.

    Thank you
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

    Chicken

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,627

    Re: talk about rip

    Originally posted by case
    . Second , the only club limelight there has been and ever will be in located in New York City
    I'll at least agree with that part. And, speaking of rips, I recently saw that there's a lame place in Cleveland now using the name of one of one of NYC's best live music venues, the Mercury Lounge. Well, the only Mercury Lounge that ever was or ever will be is located in New York City!
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,121
    There are probably a zillion Mercury Lounges across the U.S. and world-wide. Kinda like John's Garage... OMG! There's one in Missouri *and* in Texas!
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

    Chicken

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,046

    well...

    this off the post topic ,but do you guys have any fav dj's or musical acts that would normally play a venue like one or limelight?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    354

    Re: Re: talk about rip

    Originally posted by Chicken

    By the way, I'd like to kill all the people involved with this. I went to see one of the DJ's that plays there about hosting, and the beeyatch graciously submitted my email address to all the announcement lists and the bastages keep sending me garbage (from many 'promotions' and for various clubs, etrc.). They suck, I'm going to burn that place down.

    The people who registered the URLs are idiots (they seem to be about 12). If I saw them, I'd print out all the emails and make them eat it on the dance floor until they choked to death. People would think they are doing some funky-fresh new move. Sorry, but I can't stand these wastes of skin and bones and I'd rather get spam for viagra and goat sex emails from Russia. If you see them, please kill them for me.

    Thank you
    Ok...now...how do you REALLY feel?
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,121
    If I posted how I really feel, you'd all think I was

    Hollywood Athletic Club

    spammers!
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

    Chicken

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •