Arrow Compair 12 Reseller's offer from 10 Hosting company (excel document)

Hello,
    i tried to organize 12 Reseller's offers from 10 Hosting company in an Excel document
    (download it : http://rapidshare.de/files/36148565/...offer.xls.html (18 ko) )
    It containts The company name, storage, badnwidth, price and limits.

I do that because i'm trying to buy a reseller account from a honest company
    - Storage : 5 GB or over
    - Bandwidth : Moe than 100 GB
    - All unlimited
    - Price : about 250$
    - Good support

in those offers that i found i made a search to find some reviews about those company :
    - Levi1 : Bad reviews (it seems they were acting with other name)
    - OnTheSpotHosting : No reviews
    - Vertivo : not really an article that we can consider it like a reviews, just some comments
    - VirtuosNetSolutions : Good and bad reviews, considered like a honest company by other hosting forums and a just small one by others one
    - Scarabweb : No reviews

Someone had an experience with one of those company ?
    Can you help me to choose one of them (or from other offers) according to their reviews, support and features ?

Thanks a lot to help me and have a good day
    wich provides :

You may be able to get what you seek, however, it may be more effective to measure other metrics, like how fast support responds to your queries, the type of software they support, and the depth of knowledge which their support staff has. Using this type of information, you'll make steady progress to finding a good host for you and your clients.

Agreed, the last thing a reseller should be shopping on is price vs. limits. All that will accomplish is finding the hosts that oversell to the extreme and let you down later. Go by support and reliability. Those are things you won't find by visiting web sites and making spreadsheets that list prices and resource limits.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

I'm really disappointed by virtuosnetsolutions, i send them a message with some question, i do it to support, here is their answer :
    "I do not know why you sending this to support. You should be asking SALES these questions. Seriously."

May be i had to send it to sales team but this is not a answer (no Hello nothing)

Maybe their staff is too specialized.
    Support staff will not answer sales questions.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost
    Maybe their staff is too specialized.
    Support staff will not answer sales questions.
    May be but we can't answer like this, for me there is no respect.

I send it to sales team, the answered me, under each question they just put "yes" or "no"

Hello,
    i'm interested by reseller's offers.
    I have some questions :

1/ Is there a hidden fees ?
    No
    2/ Do you allow overselling ?
    No
    3/ How many accounts can i creat to sell to my client under one reseller
    account
    ?
    Unlimited
    4/ Can i personalise accounts differently for each of my clients ?
    for exemple create an account for client X with 50MB storage, 50MB
    bandwidth,
    etc. AND create for client Y 40MB storage, 30MB bandwidth, etc...
    Yes
    5/ One time account created, how can my clients manage their hosting account

?
    with a Cpanel for each client ?
    Yes
    6/ What are the limit of your reseller's offer ? (one with 8000MB storage).
    What are you talking about? What you see on the site are the "limits"
    Thanks a lot to help me to choose.
    Have a good day.
    HADDAR Wassim

I think they may have a slightly irritable tone because your questions are, in fact, answered on their web site. Perhaps they didn't see any need for you to have taken their time to ask those questions.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

Being a company owner, the fundemental problem I see with those packages is the price/resource ratio.

IMO none of those packages will be reliable in the long run. They offer too much bandwidth and storage for 10-20$/mth.

I take it for granted sometimes that my team and I can see an "ill-advised" hosting offer almost immediately, but then again we have spent over 200 hours researching hosting packages and pricing. (I have the time reports to prove it!)

At the end of the day you have to decide what is more important: 1000 GB of transfer that you will never be allowed to use, or reliability and consistent performce. My team and I have opted for the later, though it comes with a $price$.

Regards,

developer-tn, you are spending a lot of time on this, and being very careful, so you obviously have a lot of determination to make your business a success. You don't seem like the type to cut corners.

You need a host that is the same way. One that doesn't cut corners and that is going to be reliable and dependable. Unfortunately, those types of hosts aren't the cheapest. You should not be competing on price.

If you really want to be thorough, go back through your list of hosts, and remove the cheapest ones. Then, try contacting their support departments (not sales, as a lot of really good companies don't keep sales departments open 24 hours, only support.)

If you get a quick response from support, take into consideration not just how fast they answered, but how thoroughly. Do they really know what they are talking about? Do they take the time to research your particular problem? Or are they just guessing at what is wrong?

THOSE are the things that set apart a good host. Nearly all hosts claim to offer that type of support, but the only way to know for sure is to read reviews and test it out for yourself.

Good luck.
    eVerity.com

there is plenty of reading on virtuoso around here. I would even waste your time sending a sales email to those clowns

Interesting document. I like it.

@everty: Thanks
    That's what i'm doing since previous week, i spend about 8 hours/day speaking with somes campanies (those i had listed and more others one) with there support disk, emails, telephone and LiveChat.

I would decide to go with virtuos until i decover how they reply to my questions, so i go away.

These days i spend also a lot of time reading articles and reviews and it helped me a lot specially for determined my needs, what i'm looking for exactly.

May be i discover more intersting things in caming days, who knows
    But i believe that i have to search a lot to find the best reseller for MY needs.

Good for you.

If it makes any difference, its impossible to switch companies later on. cPanel to cPanel transfers, for example, are very easy. (some others may be more difficult.)
    eVerity.com

If it makes any difference, its impossible to switch companies later on.
    I think you meant "possible".

Anyway, IMO, if there's a reason to choose the right host from the first try, it's so that you don't have to go throught the whole choose a new host move the websites process. You do it right the first time, and barring any unforseen events (like owner getting sick, company being sold, hardware failing etc), you stick to that host and just enjoy the ride.

everity makes a good point. Its best to make the right choice from the start, but if you run into problems with who you've chosen, its usually pretty easy to switch....bearing that in mind may make the selection process less nerve-wracking.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

developer-tn:
    There are certainly reviews about us on this forum as we speak. Also feel free to google us and you will see plenty of reviews as well, also there are reviews on our site:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...thespothosting
    Linux VPS Hosting
    Fully Managed VPS, Dedicated And Reseller Solutions.
    Host Unlimited Domains

Quote Originally Posted by Developer-tn
    May be but we can't answer like this, for me there is no respect.

I send it to sales team, the answered me, under each question they just put "yes" or "no"
    Developer-tn...
    this happens frequently with non-native English speakers. When I was doing your same search a year ago, I contacted hosts worldwide, from Canada to Germany, to Malaysia...

They may not have the same "culture" and feel this is very enough in an email or a discussion.

This is a communication-language-culture difference that you will encounter frequently in Internet business.

Otherwise I will agree there is no respect.

But, see.. they "replied" .. so .. they - at least - responding...giving you the right answer, directing you to the right department.

[quote=ldcdc]I think you meant "possible".

I think he meant difficult..
    why?
    While my experience with moving was not bad, it took a lot of worry..anxiety.. hours of work, contacts, emails, and chats...
    you will be monitoring both your domain DNS stuff "and" the new host ..
    You will need to have a very cooperative losing host to let you out smoothly..

I was lucky to be dealing with a friend of the company owner, who failed to be on time in some email responses...but I finally got the website relocated to the new host.

Any bad stories here of unhonest losing hosts

actually, I did mean "possible," sorry for the confusion.

Switching hosts really should not be difficult. I would agree that another sign of a good host is that they let their customers leave at any time, and that they don't lock their customers into contracts. Speaking very generally, hosts that do require you to prepay for a year are also more likely to make it difficult for you to leave.

The hardest part about switching (assuming your hosts are ethical) is email, but if you follow the steps in the right order, it is never a problem.
    eVerity.com

hostgator worst