HostingDepartment helpdesk

I was so pissed off when I checkedmy PayPal account has been deducted my papal account - $14.99 + 6.99 and it was from hostingdepartment.net. Well, as you know when you are out of controll, you will say anything that you are not supposed to say, especially when it involved with financial. Who would give you $20++ for free anyway.

Yes, I did send them nasty email saying that they are horrible hosting company, but their helpdesk supposed to know how to handle this sitaution, yet the helpdesk reply me this:

"Hello

Please do what you need too, screen shots have been taken of everything you
    have sad for legal matters or proof. We will not be bullied at all, in the
    end this is your mistake, if you didn't cancel your subscription then that
    is your fault & not ours, paypal doesn't cover non physical goods & as you
    agreed to our terms the case will be won by us so your more than welcome to
    put in a claim. If you tried to ask nicely for a refund we may have refunded
    you but due to your attitude this will now not be given. Until you can
    control your language you wont receive any more responses & if your threaten
    emails still arrive we will contact your ISP.
    Regards
    Lisa
    Sales & Billing"

It showed that their helpdesk staff isn't pro yet. I don't have enough time to taking care of all those things, since I am busy with my job. They should be more pro!

I don't care those amount, but I want them to be more pro to handle their ex-customer! That's all I want. USD$21.98 is nothing to me as I can get more than that every week! All I want is their polite explanation. That's all!

Now i will never get back my 14.99 + 6.99 bucks! How horrible hosting services are they! If any mod or admin happen to see this post, you may delete this message as request from hostingdepartment.net or whoever request it, but I will never forget this, their help dek support is need go back to school. I highly doubt, they hired uneducated staff.

The host is right, it is your job to cancel your account, if you don't you get billed.. simple.

You say their help need to go back school.. sorry but looking at your grammer and spelling I think it is you that needs to go back school.. or are you still at one ?

We'll never know.

bye bye.

Unfortunately, it's your job to cancel the subscription, as you're the only one in control of that. What was your request to their helpdesk that made them so angry?

Quote Originally Posted by NTHosts
    sorry but looking at your grammer and spelling I think it is you that needs to go back school.. or are you still at one ?
    Honestly, after looking at your website, I'm not sure how you can criticize anyone on spelling or grammar, or anything related to the English language.

The host is right, it is your job to cancel your account, if you don't you get billed.. simple.

You say their help need to go back school.. sorry but looking at your grammer and spelling I think it is you that needs to go back school.. or are you still at one ?

We'll never know.

bye bye.
    Which is important for you language or money?

Language can't hekp you to survive, but money. Do not reply this topic unless you don't really understand what I am talking about! Ashamed on you pal!

@PE-Steve - Yeah, I understand that it was my mistake and I don't cancel my subscriptions as they don't provide link for me to cancel their subscriptions. They just terminated my hosting account without provides me link (paypal) link cancellation.
    Last edited by Charles Thompson; 10-09-2006 at 12:59 PM.

Why are you bashing me ?

I am trying to give help on this forum, it is the Ops own fault they charged his account, he should have canceled..

Oh and I didn't do the site myself, I will have a word with the designer in the morning, thank you for pointing this out to me.

Hi Charles, what did you say to them that made them so upset.

The guys are right that it is your responsibility to cancel your paypal subscriptions but at the same time the helpdesk could have handled the situation better.

Can you post your email so we can see the full story and not just one perspective?
    IndigoHosts
    Linux Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Instant Activation on all plans
    www.indigohosts.co.uk

This topic is not for your problem. Remember that, if your English is crap just like my English and you should not try to correct someone else broken English grammar as English isn't my first language. Ashamed on you pal!

*EDIT*
    @IndigoHosts - That's all I can post it here, I mean this:
    "
    Hello

Please do what you need too, screen shots have been taken of everything you
    have sad for legal matters or proof. We will not be bullied at all, in the
    end this is your mistake, if you didn't cancel your subscription then that
    is your fault & not ours, paypal doesn't cover non physical goods & as you
    agreed to our terms the case will be won by us so your more than welcome to
    put in a claim. If you tried to ask nicely for a refund we may have refunded
    you but due to your attitude this will now not be given. Until you can
    control your language you wont receive any more responses & if your threaten
    emails still arrive we will contact your ISP.
    Regards
    Lisa
    Sales & Billing"

that's all I can remember. I would be glad if the hostingdepartment.net helpdesk can give feedback this thread.
    Last edited by Charles Thompson; 10-09-2006 at 01:06 PM.

Both parties are able to cancel a paypal subscription -- did you request that they terminate the subscription prior to being charged? Also, using paypal, did you pay by credit card, paypal balance, or bank account? Depending upon the method, there are other ways to dispute the charges should you feel that you have a valid claim. No matter how you choose to dispute the charges, however, you should be aware that things will probably get done a lot quicker and maybe even in your favor if you use the appropriate words and maintain your composure.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Thompson
    @PE-Steve - Yeah, I understand that it was my mistake and I don't cancel my subscriptions as they don't provide link for me to cancel their subscriptions. They just terminated my hosting account without provides me link (paypal) link cancellation.
    Well for future reference: login to PayPal, find the active subscription, click on the "Details" link, and there will be a button for you to cancel the subscription.

Why are you bashing me ?
    I wasn't bashing you, I was simply wondering why you criticize people on things you don't do correctly yourself.

Thats really bad.

There is a mistakes at both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by rohitj
    Both parties are able to cancel a paypal subscription -- did you request that they terminate the subscription prior to being charged? Also, using paypal, did you pay by credit card, paypal balance, or bank account? Depending upon the method, there are other ways to dispute the charges should you feel that you have a valid claim. No matter how you choose to dispute the charges, however, you should be aware that things will probably get done a lot quicker and maybe even in your favor if you use the appropriate words and maintain your composure.
    Yes, I did asked them to cancel my hosting account, and it was last month. I have no idea why their helpdesk reply me such reply email. I payed them via paypal subscriptions and they should cancel my subscriptions when I asked them to cancel/terminate my hosting account with them.

@ PE-Steve, Thanks. I already cancelled my subscriptions with them. You know, once you busy with your permanent job theres no way for you to check something that small things like this, but when it involved with your financial, you should do something...
    Last edited by Charles Thompson; 10-09-2006 at 01:16 PM.

Why should the host provide a cancellation links without being asked for them ?

Im sure all it would have taken is a quick email or nipping in to their live help for 5 minutes..

Yes I understand what you're saying about money is a serious thing, but with that said you should know what you pay out each month etc.

No excuse, not the hosts fault, simple.

Oh and yeah, I too would like to know what you had said to them in your email to them, as we are only seeing one side at the minute.

Hello All

This client contacted us regards to a refund as his payment was taken for an old subscription he didn't cancel, Lisa, who works for us for billing took up the email, he was very abuses to Lisa & using bad language (I can take a screen shot of what he said but isn't for the faint hearted), we were willing to provide a refund but due to this persons attitude towards my staff we refused, it isn't our responsibility to cancel the subscription, you asked to cancel your account which we took care of, we didn't create the payment so we shouldn't have to cancel it, its your responsibility & not ours.

I was expecting this thread as you said you would create it (looking through the emails) but we wont be bullied into providing a refund for your mistake.

We also wont tolerate any abuse or intimidating emails to our staff, further abuse will result in us contacting your ISP.
    Please PM me if you need any updates or help.

I have just uploaded some of the emails, you will understand how Lisa would feel receiving these emails & why we didn't want to communicate with this person unless he showed a little more respect to my staff:

First email he sent: http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=email1gv9.jpg

Another:
    http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=email2ts7.jpg

There are more but I don't feel I need to post more, the email you see in the OPs posts is the last email which was sent, we explained the situation very nicely to the OP then he continued with his abusive emails.
    Please PM me if you need any updates or help.

I think it's totally understandable the reply that Lisa sent now that we have a clearer view of what went on, abuse and foul language is not an acceptable way to go about a refund request!

Next time, try being a little more courteous and you may get a refund!
    IndigoHosts
    Linux Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Instant Activation on all plans
    www.indigohosts.co.uk

lol. such a super kiddie case