Atlanta colo options?

Hi!
    Somebody should know this...I'm no longer living in Atlanta..but expect to make trips back to the ATL to install servers and whatnot.

There are/were two colo facilities I never knew their name..so..it's kinda hard to contact them now!

First..there was a colo facility right across from Peachtree center...right on Peachtree street..any ideas if they are still there? Who?

Second..there is that monster in the old Macy's building. Is that run by the same folks that run the colo hotel right over from Five Points..? Ellis Street? Or somebody else?

I do remember Internap and I'm sure I can figure out the options on Ellis Street with various sub-contractors there.

Any other Atlanta options of great note?

Thanks

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

The new Atlanta NAP center, which GNAX is now in. Looks to be a promising facility...

First..there was a colo facility right across from Peachtree center...
    That dog with fleas is at 230 Peachtree, 5th floor. It was called Netrail, then 230Peachtree, then a private company took it over.

there is that monster in the old Macy's building...
    That would be Level3. Still at 180 Peachtree Street and going strong.

As stated above -- GNAX.
    Last edited by Dennis Nugent; 10-09-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Hi!
    LOL! Thanks! The only reason I even knew netrail was there..they had a tour when Interop used to come to town. That's really all I need...unless there's another place easy to get to on MARTA. I can't even begin to consider dealing with ATL traffic going anywhere else.

Excellent..next stop..Level3.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

I would skip level3 and talk with hinkle over at gnax. They have a great facility and a even better route optimized network.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Agreed. GNAX would be able to beat Level3's price and performance.

Hi!
    Well...I detest having all the eggs in one basket. I was thinking of starting with one rack at each..level3, Gnax and Internap. Oh! I have heard talk of gnax having another location..where might that be?

Thanks!

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

At this point, I don't have any complaints about GNAX' network. Go for it, performance (and uptime) will surely be better than Level(3).

bryonhost1,

They're based in Atlanta, but they are consilidating their 3 locations into their new atlantanap facility. www.atlantanap.com

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    At this point, I don't have any complaints about GNAX' network. Go for it, performance (and uptime) will surely be better than Level(3).

bryonhost1,

They're based in Atlanta, but they are consilidating their 3 locations into their new atlantanap facility. www.atlantanap.com

We have a cage in the new NAP, no complaints thus far.

Check the offers forum cogent just lit the NAP and it's now a cogent pop so they are offering a free month of cogent (direct contract) and free month of colo / cage...

Can't beat that

Hi!
    Thanks..I'll check it out. I know exactly where atlantanap is..and that area is a lot better now than it once was.

Tell me something...I don't necessarily need to have all my servers in ATL..doesn't Equinox have a NOC north of here (East Tennessee). I don't see a problem going north instead of going south. Is there a main website that lists NOCS? That would certainly simply things..if it did exist.

Thanks!

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

http://www.equinix.com/prod_serv/ibx/locationmap.htm

TN isn't a huge market and you'd probably get better pricing in terms of bandwidth (and better performance) in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1
    Hi!
    Thanks..I'll check it out. I know exactly where atlantanap is..and that area is a lot better now than it once was.

Tell me something...I don't necessarily need to have all my servers in ATL..doesn't Equinox have a NOC north of here (East Tennessee). I don't see a problem going north instead of going south. Is there a main website that lists NOCS? That would certainly simply things..if it did exist.

Thanks!

Bryon

Yeah, the area is turning around. Unfortuneatly most industrial areas in older parts of the city are pretty run-down but with MCI's pop a block a way and the abundance of fiber and big empty wharehouses the market is ripe for the picking.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1
    unless there's another place easy to get to on MARTA.
    The new Atlanta NAP facility is right off the West End MARTA stop, incidentally. Also, Mike from SiteSouth is working on getting InterNAP lit up in the building soon.
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Hi!
    Good. I've started the process of learning..which..is exactly what I wanted to do with this thread. What's available..where it is..what it costs..what I have to bring in..etc..etc.

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Might want to check out 56 Marietta. It's really the place to be to connect to the major providers. It's the largest telco hotel in Atlanta.

CyberWurx -- www.cyberwurx.com -- is one provider in the building that we've had a great experience with. I'd highly recommend them.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting

it really depends on how much space you are looking for and how much bandwidth and other connectivity you are looking for and what your power requirements are as to what is most suitable.

some place have different connectivity - like to voice and other applications but the space and power is rediculously expensive but it still migh more sense.

others you might need a lot of space and power and not so much bandwidth so it would lead you in a different direction.

you also might need fully UPS protected power which would lead you to yet other deicions since some dont provide that and in a power outage or blip that happens at all facilities from time you time you would experience your servers going offline or at minimum an unexpected reboot.

you really need to ask all these questions before making a decison.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Hi!
    I know..oy. So much info...I'm glad I started three-fours months out. A big *thank you* needs to go out to Cyberwurx for a wonderful response to my many questions that many others (cough) don't seem to have to time to even respond to at least one of them. Well..time to spend some time at the mother of all network learning sites:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm

and APC's website...and....?

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer