Please recommend any professional CMS

Hello,

could you recommend any professional CMS? Which one in your opinion worth attention? Price doesnt matter now, thank you

Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

Oh, forgot.. i need commercial one
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

Try http://krang.sourceforge.net/
    New York Magazine is using it.
    Open Source can be as good as any commercial product sometimes...
    NetworkPixels.com - Let's host your pixels to the world.
    Go!

Mambo, mamboserver.com Is pretty good, its opensource as well, and is used on a few large websites, at least modafied versions of it are, its fairly secure and allows for a lot of customization.

Typo3 is commercial grade.
    http://typo3.com
    http://typo3.org
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

Joomla, version 1.5 is coming out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by e-view
    Oh, forgot.. i need commercial one
    why only commercial one ... ?
    if it is about quality there are still good and open source CMS available
    try jooma.orgg and e107.org

Try Joomla,, Its #1 Cms.

You could try MODx for a CMS. It can be very slick-looking and includes a great deal of customization and control features. modxcms dot com
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International
    http://www.LiveGlobalBid.com

Give Expression Engine a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Athnex
    Mambo, mamboserver.com Is pretty good, its opensource as well, and is used on a few large websites, at least modafied versions of it are, its fairly secure and allows for a lot of customization.
    It isn't secure if you use 3rd party mods and components.

Well, I saw some nice sites made with Subdreamer. Also, I used to use e-mail account with the free e-mail provider (+portal) based on the CoreMedia CMS, but I'm not sure if you would be able to afford such CMS.
    Life is too short for 56k!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulk
    but I'm not sure if you would be able to afford such CMS.
    Asking for a "commercial" product kinda indicates he's not lookint for cheap ;-)

My new fav CMS is Exponent CMS because each template page can be created from any HTML document with only a few tags added to it. Now all they need are search engine friendly URL's :-(
    Tim Ryberg, InterWorx L.L.C. | InterWorx Hosting Control Panel 3.0!
    Views expressed are the author's own and do not represent those of InterWorx L.L.C. unless stated otherwise.
    Join me in my personal quest for The Ultimate CMS!

Quote Originally Posted by globetrekker
    Try http://krang.sourceforge.net/
    New York Magazine is using it.
    Open Source can be as good as any commercial product sometimes...
    i wonder how much did they paid to have the site done? it is realy nice, websites like those make you want to download the CMS!
    el Dutty-Dutty

man

Geez, there sure are a lot of answers in here, and a lot of CMS names are being thrown around. The most important comment has not been posted yet -

1. What are you going to be doing with the site? Do you need a shopping cart, picture gallery, discussion forum, games, private areas for members only - just what do you have in mind?

2. How good are you at writting PHP or HTML? Some of these CMS's themes are written in php, some are written in html. So if you want to change a background color will you be able to do that, or will you have to hire someone? Is it in your finances to hire someone everytime you want a column width changed, or a font size changed?

The second question should divide the CMS's that have been suggested into two sections - php themed and html themed.

As for myself, since I do not speak php, I have to go with a html themed CMS. For my sites I use MDPro found at http://www.maxdev.com

One of the CMS's I tried was dragonfly. The CMS dragonfly seemed to run very fast, and I was impressed that a picture gallery plugged straight into the site. However, the themes are php based. I found out that changing anything on the theme was time consuming and complicated. So dragonfly was abandoned for a html theme based CMS. To save you the trouble of learning this same mistake - divide these CMS's into two catagories PHP themes and HTML themes. If you speak both, then fine, pick from either. If you speak one or the other, go with what you know. The other option is to pay someone to make changes for you, or get ready to spend hours learning to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~
    Geez, there sure are a lot of answers in here, and a lot of CMS names are being thrown around. The most important comment has not been posted yet -9

1. What are you going to be doing with the site? Do you need a shopping cart, picture gallery, discussion forum, games, private areas for members only - just what do you have in mind?
    A "commercial" grade CMS will generally have all of these things built in or as an add on.

2. How good are you at writting PHP or HTML? Some of these CMS's themes are written in php, some are written in html. So if you want to change a background color will you be able to do that, or will you have to hire someone? Is it in your finances to hire someone everytime you want a column width changed, or a font size changed?
    The fact that he was looking for a commercial one kinda implies that he either knows how to do those things or is willing to pay the provider to customize it for him.

[quote]The second question should divide the CMS's that have been suggested into two sections - php themed and html themed.

As for myself, since I do not speak php, I have to go with a html themed CMS. For my sites I use MDPro found at http://www.maxdev.com

One of the CMS's I tried was dragonfly. The CMS dragonfly seemed to run very fast, and I was impressed that a picture gallery plugged straight into the site. However, the themes are php based.

Dragonfly (formerly CPGNuke) is a Nuke clone and if you want to be considered "professional" you don't want to use that -- Nuke and it's clones are well known for their security vulnerabilities (though DranonFly is the best of the bunch from what I've read and seen

I found out that changing anything on the theme was time consuming and complicated. So dragonfly was abandoned for a html theme based CMS. To save you the trouble of learning this same mistake - divide these CMS's into two catagories PHP themes and HTML themes. If you speak both, then fine, pick from either. If you speak one or the other, go with what you know. The other option is to pay someone to make changes for you, or get ready to spend hours learning to do it yourself.
    Completely agree here. Also look for search engine friendly URL's or not, particularly if they end with .php .htm .htmo or something like that. The best CMS's I've seen don't "look like" CMS's and even if you manage to edit the theme to look unique, a long string of letters, numbers, and other characters in your URL
    is a dead giveaway. That's the ONE thing I have about Exponent. They say they are working on that feature but as far as I'm concerned they can't get that out fast enough.
    Views expressed are the author's own and do not represent those of InterWorx L.L.C. unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by IWorx-Tim
    A "commercial" grade CMS will generally have all of these things built in or as an add on.
    Its important to know what the user will be using the site for. Some CMS's have a better picture gallery, some have a better forum, some have a better shopping cart module. So yes, "most if not all" commercial CMS's will have these, just some are better.

The fact that he was looking for a commercial one kinda implies that he either knows how to do those things or is willing to pay the provider to customize it for him.
    You should really let e-view answer these questions, unless you know him/her and have already talked to them about it.

Nuke and it's clones are well known for their security vulnerabilities
    Most CMS's are supported by a community of programmers and most security patchs will be released within days, if not hours after the hole has been found.

Regardless of the software, everything has security holes. Microsoft has been releasing patchs right and left over the past 2 months. Apache has had security holes found in it, linux has had security holes found in it, the same goes for all software (except for qmail). Its not fair for you to point the finger at a nuke clone and say - well known for security issues, while new patchs are relased from people like microsoft weekly.

More security holes will be found in the operating systems, and server applications then the CMS software.

Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~
    You should really let e-view answer these questions, unless you know him/her and have already talked to them about it.
    I'm sure he/she will.

Its not fair for you to point the finger at a nuke clone and say - well known for security issues, while new patchs are relased from people like microsoft weekly.
    I'm not trying to start an argument here, but some are more buggy than others and Nuke is well known as one of if not the buggyeste CMS's out there, and should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with the word professional. I don't think you will find me in the minority with this opinion.

I'm going to drop this point now because I can see where it cold escellate and I don't want to be drawn into something else and take this thread off topic.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but some are more buggy than others and Nuke is well known as one of if not the buggyeste CMS's out there, and should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with the word professional. I don't think you will find me in the minority with this opinion.

I'm going to drop this point now because I can see where it cold escellate and I don't want to be drawn into something else and take this thread off topic.
    Agreed, lets not get off topic.

+1 on nuke and some of its clones being buggy. Just so E-view will know - I stayed with postnuke for almost a year, after I upgraded to the new version because of security problems, the forum started crashing the site. When I would put a block in the left column to show the most recent post, the forum would corrupt the database and the site would crash. The community would not reply to questions about the problem, so I had to leave postnuke and go with another CMS - this was almost 2 years ago.

Unless you are gonna search for and fix the problems that might arise with your site, go with a payed CMS so you can get support.

Asking for a "commercial" product kinda indicates he's not lookint for cheap ;-)(
    Heh, I can agree with you, but I have had on my mind that there are "commercial" CMSs with $10k+ licenses. That's why I was "unsure" if he would be able to afford such or even for a half cheaper one.

Quote Originally Posted by elfalso
    i wonder how much did they paid to have the site done? it is realy nice, websites like those make you want to download the CMS!
    I know who did it, but I have no idea know how much a much has the site costed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulk
    Heh, I can agree with you, but I have had on my mind that there are "commercial" CMSs with $10k+ licenses. That's why I was "unsure" if he would be able to afford such or even for a half cheaper one.
    You can get a commercial CMS for anywhere to a few hundred to a few thousand; the ones you are thinking of are more custom solutions, I think ;-)

price

You can pick up a copy of Invision Power Board for 185.00 + 65.00 for the gallery module.

https://www.invisionpower.com/custom...shop_cat=1,3,4

You can get a commercial CMS for anywhere to a few hundred to a few thousand; the ones you are thinking of are more custom solutions, I think ;-)
    Actually no. I don't think of custom CMS, but nevermind. Let's stay here where we are and don't go futher on this.