eNom Policy/ ETP Questions

I have been searching for the highly favored registrar for sometime now and eNom appears to be what most of WHT people like.

In regards to this, I assume that a lot of you can clarify some things for me about eNom.

1. What is their policy on some ETPs asking for a fee on top of the initial deposit required by eNom in order to become a reseller under them? Is it allowed/legal?

2. for their 6.95 plan, what do they mean by "Flat fee of $1595.00 (no eNom points deposited"? What are points? Does it mean the same as "credit"?

3. Aside from the price (e.g. "6.95"), what other fees are charged by eNom to their resellers?

4. Who provides support to a reseller's sub-reseller?

5. Does anyone know if eNom is ready for IPV6?

6. For current ETPs, how long did it take you to recover back the money you have invested in becoming an ETP, especially those under the "$6.95/$6995 Plan?

7. What strategies did implement to recover your investment faster?

I know I could have asked some of these questions to eNom but I would like to hear the answers from real people who have real experience with eNom rather than a canned response from eNom's sales team.

Thanks.

1. You should ask eNom.
    2. You pay $1595 and get an eNom account that is set at $6.95. You can then deposit funds into the account and start purchasing domains, etc.
    3. There are no yearly account maintenance fees or anything. If you fund your account online, a certain amount is taken out as a service fee. You can mail-in checks and there is no service fee.
    4. The reseller should provide support to the sub-reseller.
    5. Not sure. You should ask eNom.
    6. My company did not invest anything so there was nothing to recover back. If you pre-purchase credits, simple math should allow you to find the break-even -- it depends the price you sell the domains at.
    7. That is extremely variable from company-to-company.

Thanks, Josh, for your response. When you started, did you originally have a $6.95 account?

Quote Originally Posted by zynfella
    Thanks, Josh, for your response. When you started, did you originally have a $6.95 account?
    Nope. We got a free $8.95 and $7.50 account and worked our way down from there. eNom used to upgrade you to better pricing depending upon the number of domains in your account, but unfortunately that policy no longer exists today.

zynfella. I bought a $6.95 sub-reseller account from an ETP. Once it became obvious that I was satisfied with eNom and had the volume. I plunked down the $6.950 deposit and used that to buy and transfer domains.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    Once it became obvious that I was satisfied with eNom
    Are you still satisfied. As far as I remember, there was one major issue...

Sorry, zynfella, if you'll think this post is hijacking your thread...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Stan - Well, yes. I am still satisfied. I'm still transferring domains there. My problem was very specific. I've been educated to avoid it happening again. I think they lied and obfuscated all the way from the beginning to end with my dispute, which is dispicable. I don't trust them anymore. But there's still no disputing they are the best registrar for me. It would be like "cutting off my nose to spite my face" to move to another registrar. Let's just say they're on notice. This AboutUs.org issue is signifiant, imho.

Zynfella - I'd get a free $8.95 reseller sub-account. Try them ot for a while, then buy a $6.95 reseller sub-account.
    Signature Under Construction.