Monthly profits?

I'm wondering if some of you could tell me what NET income i can expect from 100 customers.
    I don't want to know exact numbers but just like in the $xx, $xxx or in the $x.xxx range for a normal industry price?
    Is it easy to get those 100 customers if i advertise a bit? How long do you think it will take before i have this number of customers? (I'm a noob, i know )

I'd like to know because i'm looking to start my own niche hosting company soon and i was wondering if it is really worth it.
    I searched the forum but didn't find a similar thread so i started this one

Thanks in advance

Didier

Quote Originally Posted by DidierE
    I'm wondering if some of you could tell me what NET income i can expect from 100 customers.
    I don't want to know exact numbers but just like in the $xx, $xxx or in the $x.xxx range for a normal industry price?
    Is it easy to get those 100 customers if i advertise a bit? How long do you think it will take before i have this number of customers? (I'm a noob, i know )

I'd like to know because i'm looking to start my own niche hosting company soon and i was wondering if it is really worth it.
    I searched the forum but didn't find a similar thread so i started this one

Thanks in advance

Didier
    Web hosting isn't a get rich quick scheme, you will have to spend thousands to make thousands. You will have to provide a quality service.

From a question like that, I'd say don't bother.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Well i know that because i'm not a newbie when it comes to internet marketing and i'm willing to put a lot of work and money into it but i was just wondering what this could be in terms of NET profits.

I have exclusive access to thousands of hungry customers looking for hosting in a certain niche but before i start with it, i was looking for some answers

Didier

Based on the nature of your questions... I wouldn't anticipate a monthly profit and would re-iterate the previous statement, "don't bother."

I get to deal with a lot of people who call in for support who arguably never should have tried to get into the webhosting business. The frequency of the "What do you mean I have a bill of $40,000 on my $19.95/mo account?" question is far too common already.

There are too many variables to give you any kind of remotely accurate figure. How much are you charging? What kind of accounts are you hosting? How much are you paying for your servers, accountants, staff, taxes, office supplies, etc., etc., etc.?

As its been implied here already, twice, from the simplicity of your question...in regards to a complex answer...you're not ready.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I already operate a full-time online business so most of the things i have already:
    accountants: OK
    staff: OK
    Taxes: job for accountants
    office supplies: OK
    Internet Marketing knowledge: OK
    SEO skills: OK
    programming skills: OK
    site design skills: OK
    Starting Budget: OK

I didn't have an exact plan already that's why i don't have set my charging prices.
    Dedicated servers will be @ ThePlanet but i'm thinking of starting with a few reseller servers in the beginning.
    I was just hoping to get some figures.
    But i'll understand that you can't tell me much because of the few details i gave
    Thanks anyway

What is your advertising budget? How much are you willing to pay per customer? how big do you think your possible niche is from research?

If you charge your customer $20.00 a month, that means that client is grossing you $240.00 a year + any upselling or addons you can do.

Then subtract the following costs:
    Cost to get the customer - ie advertising
    Staff cost
    server cost
    software cost - live chat, etc
    web site cost
    accounting / taxes
    your time
    etc...

so if it cost you $150.00 per customer to get them, you will be making money in a year or two if you keep your good name.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Finally a clear answer
    Thanks mate

Didier

Finally a clear answer
    Thanks mate

Didier
    No problem, basically the only money in general hosting is if you have the money to loose it at first and get quite big. Niches can charge more and make a really good profit margin even when small.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

If you have to ask this question... then I agree... you are not "ready" to be a web hosting company.

I have exclusive access to thousands of hungry customers looking for hosting in a certain niche but before i start with it, i was looking for some answers.
    There are no answers to give you, for many obvious (to anyone with even 2 days of experience in this industry) reasons.

If you truly have access to "to thousands of hungry customers looking for hosting in a certain niche", then I recommend partnering with a very high quality web host and signing up for their affiliate system. If you can bring them thousands of customers.. you'll be rich very soon.

(Some places pay over $100 per referral.)

Good luck.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!