Recommended blog software for hosts?

I decided that a company blog would be important, after reading some stuff in the tutorials section.

Does anyone have any input as to which blogging software would be the best?

I need software that I can embed into my template so I can keep the general HC theme. I've had experience with CuteNews, and WordPress. There are also a few other titles in my Scripts library.

If you have any suggestions / opinions / ideas, feel free to post them!
    HostingChoice Web Hosting and Consulting Services
    Host unlimited Domains, MySQL Databases, E-mail Addresses, and FTP Accounts.

Visit us today - http://www.hostingchoice.net

Ive used WordPress (not necessarily for a hosting site), and it has worked quite well for me. I was also able to get it to fit seamlessly into the existing site template.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

Another vote for WordPress here.

If all you want is a announcements diary, integrated with the rest of your site, I think a custom development (quite a simple one) will be better and easier to integrate than tweaking an existing bloated app like wordpress or textpattern.
    ::
    :: K.Huertas
    . Not only python hosting . www.hub-hub.com
    :: Django . Trac . MoinMoin . Textpattern . Roundcube
    ::

I like wordpress the best.

Alright. I found cutenews to be very simple and easiest to add within a template. From what you have all said, I am going to try wordpress because to be honest, I don't have the time to concentrate on coding anything other than my Enom API interaction at the moment. Thanks for your suggestions and ill let you all know what happens.

What are you planning to use the company blog for? There are better solutions out their for different needs.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

I am going to use it to post updates regarding site fixes, deadline completions, site additions and modifications, changes, and basically a journal of my work.

Kind of like invoicing myself, displaying everything I've done to give my (potential) customers an additional sense of security.

Keep in mind that you must be VERY consistant with it, then. When the blog is new.. you customers will get used to seeing a daily message from you, etc...

But then in 3 months you'll get tired of posting so much all the time.. and then move to only one or two updates a week... and then your clients will think you're not working hard enough...

You see what I'm saying?

IMHO, if you're producing good work for your clients, then a solid customer testimonial section should be all that is necessary to give "additional security" for your customers.

Just my 2 cents.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Hm, I agree ... but ... I see customer testimonials everywhere. In addition, my old host asked me to provide a testimonial about the company, and it couldn't be negative in any way.

I think testimonials are far from reliable. But, I am fixing / improving / changing / implementing something every day, and a blog would be good intuition for me to keep that up.

Here's something to think about.

Visit this site: http://thelogocompany.net/

We just used these guys a week ago, and the one single reason we picked them over the dozen or so other competing companies who offer the same service is because these guys have a huge portfolio section and testimonial section.

If they had a blog where they posted all about their projects and how "busy" they are, etc... I don't think that would have helped make the decision to pick them. I could care less how busy they are, or if it takes them 2 minutes or 2 weeks to do the logo we need. As long as their work is solid and reliable, then that is what I need to see.

The only way to make your client trust you with their project/work is to alleviate the risk they'll wind up with something they don't want or won't like. Having a blog that tells them you're working on their project doesn't do anything more then tell them you're just busy. In the end.. if your work sucks, they'll be just as upset with you then if you didn't have a blog. If your work is good, they'll be just as happy then if you didn't have a blog.

If your clients are so paranoid about using you that you need to give them blog updates on what you're doing... then why not put a video camera in your office, too?

For the purpose you've described, I just don't see a blog adding any additional value to your business, compared to having a good portfolio and testimonial section.

(BTW - there are ways to design a testimonial area so it isn't just like everyone elses...)
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

That is a really good point.

A REALLY good point. I guess I've got some reconsidering to do about a blog, and maybe I should start thinking about building a testimonials section.

Thanks for that point of view