Question about payment for hosting...

Does anyone know of a decent hosting company/package which allows payment using certified check/money order? I've been looking, but haven't found any that list any payment method except credit/debit cards.

I'm setting up a website for a small organization, and they are not allowed to have credit cards or debit cards. Only checks/money orders.

So... any suggestions?

BTW - If my attempts to search have missed something glaringly obvious, please point me towards the correct thread.

For this, look for a company in your local area ...it would be much more easy.
    (Anyway I don't think $10 is very hard for a person to pay not using his organization)
    Got Fused?

Quote Originally Posted by Siropel
    For this, look for a company in your local area ...it would be much more easy.
    (Anyway I don't think $10 is very hard for a person to pay not using his organization)
    Quite true - sinecure - get your organisation to pay someone such as yourself $10 a month, and use your credit card to signup for a $10 a month plan (example). And give them the user details etc.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Swizi - I was hoping to avoid that route (having an individual's credit card be charged), but it looks like that will be the way to do this. The turnover is once per year, so that'll be a bit of a pain, but not too bad.

Siropel - A local company is not really an option, as none of the members of this organization are fluent in German, we're in rural Germany, and I don't know of any local hosts other than T-Online (I will *never* deal with them once I leave this country, but right now I'm stuck - gotta love monopolies).

After doing further searching it looks like most companies don't mention anything but credit/debit cards (and paypal). I'm guessing that having individuals be reimbursed will be the easiest way.

Thanks for the input!

Either way, tell us who are you going with ...
    Glad we could help
    Got Fused?

Quote Originally Posted by sinecure
    Swizi - I was hoping to avoid that route (having an individual's credit card be charged), but it looks like that will be the way to do this. The turnover is once per year, so that'll be a bit of a pain, but not too bad.
    A lot of companies will only advertise instant payment methods online but will accept cheques/money orders if contacted. The only issue would be conversion rates, so you would be best contacting a host in another country that uses euros. (As an example of the currency headache, for us to convert a Thailand Baht cheque to GBP (about £35 value) through our business bank account it was going to cost us something like £30 and take about a month to complete)
    Last edited by Wullie; 10-08-2006 at 06:52 AM.

It's not always very well advertised because it's not the most common of payment methods, but most hosting companies can and will take checks and money orders as an acceptable method of payment.

If in doubt, find a company that offers what you are looking for and send them a quick inquiry and I'm sure they'll be more then happy to assist.

Good luck! :-)

- Rory

The best would be to find a company in your local area, or at least in your country.

Where about do you operate from?

If your willing to pay yearly you might have better luck. It is hard for companies who have a lot of clients and manage them using a billing program to have to enter it manually every month. If you agree to pay for a full year then it's not as much work on them and they may accept it.