Your favorite quotes?

Post anything inspirational, motivating or interesting etc in here:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory" - Bruce Lee

"If you’re going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

and lastly:

I have had it with these motherf**kin' snakes on this motherf**kin' plane" - Sammy L Jackson

One of my personal favorites:

Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on. -- Samuel Butler

I like it because it's so true: much of what you learn in life is by making a fool of yourself the first time around.

Southern California
    "The object of war is not to died for your country but to make the other bastard died for his" - Gen. Patton.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Honolulu, Hawaii
    "You should never look down on someone, unless your helping them up" -Unknown
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" -- Plato
    "A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished." - Zsa Zsa Gabor
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." -- Margaret Thatcher
    "Some people will never learn anything because they understand everything too soon." -- Alexander Pope
    "Live simply so others may simply live." -- Ghandi

An of course, the one in my sig
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” - V

Not to suggest I agree with the rest of the movie and books/comics.

"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails." - John Maxwell

West Yorkshire, UK
    "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got" - Unknown
    "The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs." Vance Havne
    "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
    "Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes." Henry J. Kaiser
    "Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." Ted Turner
    "I've learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success." Jack Welch
    "The future you see is the future you get." Robert G. Allen
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." Francis Bacon
    "I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow." Woodrow Wilson
    "A man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder." Thomas Carlyle
    "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." Vince Lombardi

And of course.... "Who Dares Wins". The SAS motto, rather than a quote, but I think we can count it.
    Last edited by Jamie Harrop; 10-08-2006 at 04:45 AM.
    - Jamie Harrop

Zagreb, Croatia
    "True friends stab you in the front." - Oscar Wilde
    "Live your life not celebrating victories, but overcoming defeats." Ernesto Guevara de la Serna (Che Guevara)
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." - Albert Einstein
    "Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it." - Albert Einstein
    "The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes." - Nikola Tesla

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.- Abraham Lincoln

Not sure who this one is by, but...

"Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew"

London , UK
    "Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. " - George Orwell.

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship." - George Orwell.

"The person who asks the question is a fool for 5 min, but the person who never asks is a fool for life" - Do not know who said this one.

I can resist everything but temptation - Oscar Wilde
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

Boise, ID U.S.A.
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll get a hook caught in his eyelid or something."

Homer Simpson

West Michigan, USA
    "Until I see God flying around and making lunch for everyone, or putting on a kickass fireworks show, I'm remaining atheist!"

I'm not an atheist, but that cracked me up.

||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs! - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

"It is not from the benevolance of the butcher, the baker and the brewer that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self interest."

Adam Smith

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching. - Aurora Greenway

When your will and your imagination are in conflict, your imagination always wins. - My mom

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. - Dr. Phil

On your best day, you're not as smart as I am on my worst day. - Judge Judy

San Antonio, Texas
    Ahh, I know Ive posted these before...but what the heck, here goes:

"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory" - Paul Fix

"It takes a woman twenty years to make a man of her son, and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him" - Helen Rowland

"Life is what happens while you are making other plans" - John Lennon

"It is only possible to live happily ever after,on a day to day basis"

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt

"You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing" - Michael Pritchard

"Easy street is a blind alley"

"If you don't play by the rules, don't expect to gain any benefits from the game"

"All change is scary, but it's the only route to growth"

"Never let "hard to do" get in the way of something worth doing"

"Don't expect motivation to fall from the sky; it rises up from grit"

Nice thread Chachi I absolutely LOVE quotes! - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

please dont post quotes abt life is this and just sucks...anyway my fav is

"True friends stab you in the front." - Oscar Wilde
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Montreal. Canada
    "Love is given someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicarlo
    "Love is given someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to."

That's one of the best quotes in this thread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think there's something in my eye

Under Your Skin
    There are no secrets to success. Don't waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.

Colin Powell....

Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!