Las Vagas, San Fran, LA, NYC.. Ideas?

Ok, I'm leaving on Monday for a family holiday. Need a few ideas of what to do when we're there!

First stop, Las Vegas = Not really sure what to do about from walk around the strip and do things?

Then, San Fransisco = On the way there (driving from LV) seeing a western show, going to Alcatraz..what else?

Los Angeles = Sight seeing around town, Watersports, Six Flags theme park.. what else?

New York City = Statue of liberty, Ground zero, Empire state..what else can we do?

Looking for some ideas apart from shopping! Some interesting spots we can check out, some fun activities.. etc?

Cheers.

newyork = go on the helecopter ride over the city, go to a boradway show

los angeles = go to a baseball or football game, disney land

las vegas = gamble lol

sanfansisco = dont no i was only there for 3 days and done shopping an went to alacatraz

New York: Definitely catch a Broadway show (just walk up to the ticket booth in the morning--if available, you can buy tickets for that day's show). Go to Chinatown, Soho, Little Italy, etc. Just walk around Times Square. Take a harbor cruise.

San Francisco: Shop, ride the cable cars, see the Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz, take a harbor cruise.

Las Vegas: Catch one of so many shows (Cirque de Soleil), walk the strip, gamble.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

You'll find things to do in NY. ITS HUGGGEEEE!

I love NYC and would love to move there!

For Vegas definitely take your time and walk down the strip from one end to the other if you are up for it during night time

For San Francisco definitely go ride the Cable Cars at least once, lots of fun and cheap too!

New York City, well I don't think you'll have a hard time finding things to do there.

Have fun!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Vegas: Other than the obligatory walk down the strip, if you can get yourself a rental car try to make the drive on over to the Hoover Dam. It's a pretty short trip but fun.

SF: I've never been but Alcatraz would definitely be on the list as well as checking out some of the "park" type areas they have on the bay.

LA: Never been here either and to be honest I don't know much about it other than I plan on going next summer to catch a Dodgers/Red Sox game.

NYC: Ellis Island is pretty amazing if you've never been, hit up the Statue, Ground Zero (kind of disheartening that this is now a "tourist attraction"), Times Square. Take a walk through china town and little italy and grab some "authentic" cuisine in both places. Check out Wall St. and the financial district.

As for catching a baseball game in any of the above cities, you'll probably be out of luck as the postseason has already started and it'll be near impossible to get tickets. A football game in LA might be nice tho.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Are you driving from SF to LA? If so, be sure to stop off in Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Capitola (they filmed a lot of "The Lost Boys" in Capitola) The Monterey Aquarium is pretty cool, and they have a really neat little town. They also have a Bubba Gumps in Monterey. Santa Cruz has the boardwalk, and the surfing museum, and Capitola is a cool little community with lots of neat little stores and some pretty cool restaurants. If you are into big wave surfing, Mavericks is right there by SantaCruz also. A nice drive down Skyline boulevard is always fun too.

There are too many things to do in NYC. There are lots of great venues to see live music, lots of museums, killer places to eat and so on. I always stop and get a slice of pizza from Origional Rays, you wont be dissapointed. There is also a great little bar not too far from the Javitz center called the Golddigger or something to that effect (cant quite remeber) they have good food and its really friendly. Smoke is a cool littel jazz club if you into that. I could go on and on, but I will stop now as I feel my rambling is starting to get out of control.
    Last edited by Chris_M; 10-07-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camers
    Ok, I'm leaving on Monday for a family holiday. Need a few ideas of what to do when we're there!

First stop, Las Vegas = Not really sure what to do about from walk around the strip and do things?

Then, San Fransisco = On the way there (driving from LV) seeing a western show, going to Alcatraz..what else?

Los Angeles = Sight seeing around town, Watersports, Six Flags theme park.. what else?

New York City = Statue of liberty, Ground zero, Empire state..what else can we do?

Looking for some ideas apart from shopping! Some interesting spots we can check out, some fun activities.. etc?

Cheers.
    If you're going to six flags make sure you go to Magic Mountain. it's by far the best ride park going in LA. Disney land is good if you have really young kids, but it'll be boring for you most likely. Magic Mountain has a TON of incredible roller coasters. i think they've got 16? Ride "X" it'll blow your mind.

In SF make sure to visit lombard street and fisherman's warf
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

If you're driving between Las Vegas and San Francisco, you might want to see Yosemite National Park. One little catch is that lodging at Yosemite tends to be expensive and heavily booked in advance. You might want to stay in Lee Vining, get up bright and early, and then make a whirlwind tour of Yosemite before heading to Merced for the night. Mono Lake by Lee Vining is itself an interesting sight. (The movie High Plains Drifter was filmed near there.) One possible catch is that Tioga Pass gets closed sometime in the fall, but I don't remember exactly when. You could ask about that when looking into lodging at Lee Vining.

Oops! I forgot LA is on the itinerary. That puts Lee Vining quite a bit out of the way. Maybe a day trip to Yosemite from out of Merced is doable.
    Keep in mind that it is a winding, mountain road for a good distance between Merced and Yosemite.
    Last edited by Disgruntled; 10-07-2006 at 03:17 PM.

For New York I would recommend the Circle Line tour around Manhattan.

I grew up in El Grey, and live in The Bay Area.

As was suggested, be sure to drive Highway 1/101 from one spot to the other. Check out some of the old Missions! Best Eats along the route are at Margie's Diner. Super killer omelettes!

LA just lost to the Mets, so Baseball is out there. The Oakland series with the Tigers starts on Tuesday, in Oakland. If you like baseball, try to get tix.

Fun things to do?

Beaches (free). Walk around Hollyweird (free). LA has some great graveyards, if you are into looking at celebrity graves (free). In SF Area, again, beaches (free). Hike the Marin Headlands (free). Peoplewatch in The Castro (free).

I've been to Vegas plenty of times, but Big Cities aren't my thing. If you feel like some nature, get out of town and head into the desert. Great views, oasis', fantastic night sky!

Have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled
    If you're driving between Las Vegas and San Francisco, you might want to see Yosemite National Park. One little catch is that lodging at Yosemite tends to be expensive and heavily booked in advance. You might want to stay in Lee Vining, get up bright and early, and then make a whirlwind tour of Yosemite before heading to Merced for the night. Mono Lake by Lee Vining is itself an interesting sight. (The movie High Plains Drifter was filmed near there.) One possible catch is that Tioga Pass gets closed sometime in the fall, but I don't remember exactly when. You could ask about that when looking into lodging at Lee Vining.
    Or, he could drive 395 from LA to Mojave up to Tioga Pass, and cross over to The Bay Area. It's the most gorgeous drive on the planet. Tioga is still open, but you're right. It'll be closing soon. There is nothing better than the East Side of the Sierras!

That is a great idea Xanadu. I'd like to see that myself.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Central park, George Washington Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, the air craft carrier in the Hudson USS Intrepid, Canal Street, the UN building, Rockafeller center, Saint Patricks, Yankee stadium, Grants tomb, Macys, Madison Square Garden, Musem of Natural History, Metropolitan Art Musem, Bronx Zoo, Lincoln Center,

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    If you're going to six flags make sure you go to Magic Mountain. it's by far the best ride park going in LA. Disney land is good if you have really young kids, but it'll be boring for you most likely. Magic Mountain has a TON of incredible roller coasters. i think they've got 16? Ride "X" it'll blow your mind.

In SF make sure to visit lombard street and fisherman's warf
    I agree with Six Flags. I was just there today and my feet are killing me but it was well worth it!
    If you have time stop at Knotts Berry Farm. Its pretty bad *** especially around this time because of "Knotts Scary Farm."

Sorry, but the USS Intrepid Museum is now closed for up to two years. Otherwise, it was a great list.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus
    Central park, George Washington Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, the air craft carrier in the Hudson USS Intrepid, Canal Street, the UN building, Rockafeller center, Saint Patricks, Yankee stadium, Grants tomb, Macys, Madison Square Garden, Musem of Natural History, Metropolitan Art Musem, Bronx Zoo, Lincoln Center,
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys!