Which accounting software you use?

As the title says,

Which accounting package you use?
    What’s the best feature you liked in your existing software?
    What’s the most important addition you thought was missing?

We are developing an accounting package, looking forward for your valuable inputs

Thanks in advance
    Nish

MyOB

Does everything.

I use Quicken Small Business along with some spreadsheets. Don't think I'll ever trust an accounting program 100%... Quicken small business all the easy stuff I need done and makes some pretty reports... I use my spreadsheets to confirm and for other information I can't track in quicken. Not a difficult system, actually rather easy, but it works very well....

Whatever you do just make it bug free...
    Last edited by hekwu; 10-08-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I like Quickbooks Pro

QB Pro here as well, love it.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Another for QuickBooks Pro
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

what are these?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I use Quickbooks pro and sometimes peachtree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed
    what are these?
    How you keep track of your "money." They also make it easier to do your taxes, along with other perks....

http://quicken.intuit.com/small_business.jhtml

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product...software.jhtml

http://www.myob-us.com/

Thanks for all the responses. Yes we will indeed trying to make it bugfree. and our application will have a sync feature, so as you can simply click and its online, and u can access it from anywhere.

what do u think of such a feature? will it be useful for accountant?

Quote Originally Posted by Nish
    Thanks for all the responses. Yes we will indeed trying to make it bugfree. and our application will have a sync feature, so as you can simply click and its online, and u can access it from anywhere.

what do u think of such a feature? will it be useful for accountant?
    Need to explain what you are doing a little better... sync with online accounts? Useful for an accountant or online accounts?

Question is, how are you going to be different from MS and Intuit.... It is a hard market to enter, or so it seems.... dunno....

Actually the application we develop will be different in following ways

1) synchronization - we provide them a desktop application and online access, after filling up all data, the user has to click the sync button, enter his user/pass and all data goes online, which in turn is accessible from any browser.
    2) Business Intelligence/Graphs – The user will be able to see forecast & analytics in depth .

Apart from this we are working out on various features, one of the feature in R&D is customizing the interface of the desktop application (look &feel, navigation wise etc.) & a google like search, for searching data within.

Please tell us your valuable suggestions, so as we will incorporate this with this software.

Quote Originally Posted by Nish
    Actually the application we develop will be different in following ways

1) synchronization - we provide them a desktop application and online access, after filling up all data, the user has to click the sync button, enter his user/pass and all data goes online, which in turn is accessible from any browser.
    2) Business Intelligence/Graphs – The user will be able to see forecast & analytics in depth .

Apart from this we are working out on various features, one of the feature in R&D is customizing the interface of the desktop application (look &feel, navigation wise etc.) & a google like search, for searching data within.

Please tell us your valuable suggestions, so as we will incorporate this with this software.
    Both of those are already done... have you ever heard of quickbooks online?

Far as search, you can already search for data and create fairly good reports.

Yes quickbooks online, is already there, even peachtree has this feature. However online version and desktop version are different, and online version has less features. so we are planning to give a better sync feature-wise.

Any other suggestion guys?

We don't want an online version for security reasons. And most people have no need for an online version. I do my accounting at my desk, and that's the way I like it, same with other small businesses I've seen.

If I need to send it somewhere, it'll be to an accountant, and I can just email or CDR my QB data file over to them. The risk of getting compromise and lossing data with online accounting is simply too great.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Fluffy thanks for the response,

Actually this option will be available additional to the normal features, if the user is not willing to sync, he/she can always export to a CDR or email it as excel to your accountant.

However all data which is being sync uses muti-level encryptions and henceforth it will be more safe.

For standalone versions, there will be lot of new graphs and business intelligence forecast and lots more we are planning.

Any other suggestion guys?

Moved to the correct forum.