Thread: 2Checkout

2Checkout

Hi, I like the 2checkout interface and as a host I know that some people don't like Paypal.

2Checkout's fees are slightly higher than Paypal's in addition to the $50 setup fee. Is there any way to get a discount on the setup fee? Do they ever run promotions? Are there resellers who sell these accounts for less?

Just curious

The $49 is one time and if you are in business, you should be able to recoup the cost in no time. Just take that as a business cost.

In the past several years, I have not noticed that they ever provide a discount for the setup fees.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Same here, I have never seen a discount offered although I did try to get one from them when we signed up but it was a no go.

At the end of the day $49 isn't that much and as eddy says, you can recoup the outlay in no time.
    IndigoHosts
    Linux Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Instant Activation on all plans
    www.indigohosts.co.uk

Thumbs down

WARNING! for your customers is 2checkout nothing worth.
    You have a control panel but the payer has nothing...
    Therefore the customer has to write to 2checkout for any changing.
    We got many situations where 2checkout make stupid mistakes and cancelled the wrong accounts. For us it is clear: 2checkout is nothing worth and we don’t talk yet about the difficulty to setup an smoothly transaction.
    Online power for online people!

2Checkout was a headache to setup. Mainly because they said I didn't pay the $49.00 and cancelled my account numerous times. Each time, it took about 1 day for them to look up my payment and reactivate my account. After about 5 times of that happening, they finally corrrected it so it wouldn't happen again.

The sales and payments reports are a little hard to read at first as well. In that aspect, paypal is much simpler.

In the end, I am glad that we use them as some people won't pay with paypal. They make payments to me every thursday, and unlike paypal taking 3+ days to transfer the money to the bank... 2checkouts payments are available the following day.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

If you're comfortable with PayPal, PayPal's website Payments Pro might be a better fit for you.

I use ClientExec which integrates a number of payment processors including Paypal and 2CO. Trouble is some buyers don't like Paypal (personally I think it's better for buyers than for sellers) so I thought an alternative would be good.

VT6 is a very small company so $50 for a small volume of transactions just seemed a bit high. For a larger company I can understand it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HostRefugee-Vince

In the end, I am glad that we use them as some people won't pay with paypal. They make payments to me every thursday, and unlike paypal taking 3+ days to transfer the money to the bank... 2checkouts payments are available the following day.
    That's exactly what I wrote: 2checkouts is only nice for the seller. However if a seller respects his customers Paypal is the winner.

For VT6 problem I suppose if you need a second processor it would be intelligent to look to some cheap Credit Card possessors or why not Alertpay?

Concerning 2Checkout: NEVER OR NEVER SUCH SH** AGAIN.

Sorry, 2Checkout we don’t disrespect our customers like you doing.
    Online power for online people!

Quote Originally Posted by VT6
    2Checkout's fees are slightly higher than Paypal's in addition to the $50 setup fee. Is there any way to get a discount on the setup fee? Do they ever run promotions? Are there resellers who sell these accounts for less?
    Yes, When you Signup from USA they will omit the setup charge.

PowerDot their offer looks good but this seems VERY unprofessional:
    Due to some technical difficulties with our credit card processors, credit cards cannot be used temporarily
    Also CE doesn't integrate with it but that's not a big deal as Paypal will always be the primary method of payment.

TrueFact that's interesting, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it, living in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFact
    Yes, When you Signup from USA they will omit the setup charge.
    Uh, what?

If you could expand on that, it'd be great. I've got a reseller who is looking to accept credit cards on a bargain, and that'd be perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    Uh, what?

If you could expand on that, it'd be great. I've got a reseller who is looking to accept credit cards on a bargain, and that'd be perfect for him.
    Just fire them a ticket about that. I paid the setup fee before one year because we are from UK and not USA.