Datacenter reccomendations for Colorado?

Hello,

I am looking for reccomendations of reputable colo space around Denver, Colorado. My current needs are for 5 x 42U racks (25Amps per rack); however, I will be adding additional racks over the comming months. I need to be able to run multiple ethernet cross-connects between the racks.

I also nead two burstable gigabit ethernet port's (seperate IP addresses) with bandwidth from a Tier-1 provider. Ideally, the colo facility would setup BGP and blend bandwidth from several providers. However, I am open to going into a carrier neutral facility.

I am located in Boulder, CO; however, I understand the most affordable bandwidth is in Denver.

How does Denver Tier-1 bandwidth pricing compare with other markets? Am I better off looking at Chicago or San Jose?

What's the equivalent of the carrier neutral Pittock Internet Exchange (in oregon: pittock.com) in Denver?

Thanks in advance!

I have used Handynetworks before, and they are located within Data393 datacenter. You can contact both of them to see if they can offer what you want

If you are starting with 5 racks and growing, and want multple cross-connects between racks, suggest that you start with a cage.

Level3 has a datacenter in Denver -- 1850 Pearl St

Comfluent has a datacenter at 910 15th St Denver. Several carriers there including AboveNet, Cogent, MCI, Qwest, WCG

Switch and Data is at 9706 E Easter Ave Englewood Several carriers there including AboveNet, Cogent, XO, Qwest, Level3

Comfluent and S&D are carrier neutral.

Tier 1 Bandwidth pricing is the same in Denver vs Chicago or San Jose for normal quantities.

I believe that space in Comfluent is pretty limited. If you have an immediate need for 5 racks plus more in coming months, I don't think they will be able to handle your footprint. I'm also not aware of any colocation facilities in Denver that will take two seperate transit feeds and run your BGP, unless you will be providing your own BGP capable hardware.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Any word on ForTrust Solutions? I understand they are carrier neutral and have plenty of space. Does anyone have experience working with them?

Thanks again

My understanding of ForTrust Solutions is that they have lots of space, and very few carriers. It is my understanding that Level3 pulled out of there. Qwest is on-net there.
    Do you have a list of carriers at ForTrust?
    Their website (http://www.fortrust.biz/solutions/datacenter.htm) states that they have the ability to utilize carriers...rather then listing the carriers; which is a real red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nugent
    My understanding of ForTrust Solutions is that they have lots of space, and very few carriers. It is my understanding that Level3 pulled out of there. Qwest is on-net there.
    Do you have a list of carriers at ForTrust?
    Their website (http://www.fortrust.biz/solutions/datacenter.htm) states that they have the ability to utilize carriers...rather then listing the carriers; which is a real red flag.
    Fortrust is lit w/ TWTC, AT&T and Qwest. Level(3) has a ton of fiber (the facility was built in a partnership w/ L3), but won't light it. They also have an Internap circuit lit, but I'm not sure which local loop provider they're using for that circuit.

They appear to have a very solid underlying facility - power / cooling / space / redundancy, but we've always found the lack of available transit/fiber a significant issue.

- Mike

Quote Originally Posted by quilner
    Hello,

I am looking for reccomendations of reputable colo space around Denver, Colorado. My current needs are for 5 x 42U racks (25Amps per rack); however, I will be adding additional racks over the comming months. I need to be able to run multiple ethernet cross-connects between the racks.

I also nead two burstable gigabit ethernet port's (seperate IP addresses) with bandwidth from a Tier-1 provider. Ideally, the colo facility would setup BGP and blend bandwidth from several providers. However, I am open to going into a carrier neutral facility.

I am located in Boulder, CO; however, I understand the most affordable bandwidth is in Denver.

How does Denver Tier-1 bandwidth pricing compare with other markets? Am I better off looking at Chicago or San Jose?

What's the equivalent of the carrier neutral Pittock Internet Exchange (in oregon: pittock.com) in Denver?

Thanks in advance!

I hear the DOD just mothballed NORAD. Perhaps you can get a good deal on that?

have you check data102.com? they have a good price in rack colocation.