Hostgator VS Hostforweb

I am currently a Hostgator Reseller. I was with them once before, left them because of their poor service....then was forced back there when I could not find anything better. Well, I am to the point of wanting to get out of there again. Their reseller prices are not that great....and the support has something to be desired. I was searching around this evening and ran across Hostforweb. I cant seem to find any real negatives about them. Are they a good deal? Any other suggestions for a large reseller account. I am looking for a 15-20GB plan.

Thanks!

What's your budget?
    Are you looking for any special control panel?
    How much bandwidth do you need?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-07-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Hi

If you have tried hostgator before, and found poor service, then maybe you should look at the other host.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-07-2006 at 04:58 AM.

I would like to stay with cpanel, just for ease of transfer. I am looking for a larger account, 15GB minimum. I dont need anything special as far as special settings, I just dont have the time to manage my own server. (I used to). I just wanted to get an idea about HFW before signing up.

~Matthew

Thanks for those links. I actually had already read those. Looks like a lot of discussion about their VPS, which I am not looking for.

I think I am going to give them a try. They cant be any worse than what I have now.

Thanks again! I will post my results here.

~Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by msteinblock
    Thanks for those links. I actually had already read those. Looks like a lot of discussion about their VPS, which I am not looking for.

I think I am going to give them a try. They cant be any worse than what I have now.

Thanks again! I will post my results here.

~Matthew

Just a note: If your sites will cause load in their server, they will ask you to upgrade to VPS or Dedicated Server later.

So be ready! :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Are they polite about it?

I dont anticipate that, as I am sure I would have been given problems by hostgator had it been taking a lot of load.

~Matthew

Well, so far not impressed. The support has something to be desired. I have been trying all day to get some sites moved over to test things out. Support has been rather rude and not helpful at all. Like they are doing ME a favor my even answering me. Now I cant even get an answer. I think I am wasting my time....

~Matthew

Like most hosts they can probably only migrate sites at a certain time of the day, most likely the early hours of the morning to avoid bogging the server down. I guess you`ll have to wait.

Im not waiting. I was never told that there were only certain times. I was told to make a backup of my sites, move them over and they would take care of it. Well, that is fine for a static site, but most of my sites are dynamic and changing every second. What is the point of restoring a site that is a day old....I would just have to restore it again. The moving thing was just the last straw. There were many other things that really rubbed me wrong. If I got treated like that from the beginning, I see no reason why it would get any better with time. I was on chat for 20 minutes...the only thing the other guy would say was thanks for holding...be with you in a second.....then I would wait another 5 minutes. If you cant chat....dont answer a chat request.

Anyhow...not impressed...not going there again.