Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

syristech.com problem!Need advise

Hi

I have problem again with www.syristech.com .
    They upgraded my server to new php version and there happened some errors in mysql and my sites for two day. Their tech told me they could not fix the problem and they have to open a ticket in cpanel forum. This is okey.

How ever, I ask them how long will I have to wait (because many of my members ask me about this) and they ignored me. I asked them both in support board by opening support tickets and by sending PM here Rasheen who is the owner of this company(I think) but I am still ignored.

Could anyone tell me what should I do now? Do you have the same experience with some hosting company like this? How did you deal with?

Thanks

Hi

Rasheen from syristech just posted here at WHT so I'm sure you can try PMing him on WHT first: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=129402 and maybe he'll take notice of this thread as you mentioned he didnt reply your PM on their own forum.

Good luck.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

what kind of error are you getting?
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex
    Hi

Rasheen from syristech just posted here at WHT so I'm sure you can try PMing him on WHT first: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=129402 and maybe he'll take notice of this thread as you mentioned he didnt reply your PM on their own forum.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the information! I did not PM him in their own forum. I PMed him here in this forum and sent support ticket but still being ignored. I am grateful because they try to fix my server but I am do not like the way they ignore me everytime they can not fix something!

I do not like to post in their own forum because my post was deleted before.

Thanks again and hope that Rasheen see this and respone to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MxHub
    what kind of error are you getting?
    Thanks

After upgrading to the new phpversion I can not access to mysql throub phpmyadmin and then the tech told me that MySQL on my server was down! and That they have to ask cpanel forum by opening a support ticket.

Problem settled with client via msn.
    ========================
    ========================

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheen
    Yes,
    Thanks for all of your reply!
    I got Rasheen on msn and he is looking at my server now.

Thanks again and sorry for this post and I will let you know the result when I got it from Rasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheen
    Even contacting with Rasheen via msn but nothing changes. My server is still down and I do know how long it will be down because I got no exact reply about this and I got no answere through support ticket or msn

I know this is not good but could you please even let me know how thing is going Rasheen(I know you are online in this forum and msn)

update:

After this post i got contact from Rasheen again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vnjporg
    update:

After this post i got contact from Rasheen again!

Thanks
    I don't think he really cares until you complain publicly...

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    I don't think he really cares until you complain publicly...

He asks me not to post here because there is no meaning but everytime I can not contact him via support ticket, msn .. I have to post here! My server has ben down for 4 days and I want to cry now but it seems that he still does not care my feeling

Quote Originally Posted by vnjporg

He asks me not to post here because there is no meaning but everytime I can not contact him via support ticket, msn .. I have to post here! My server has ben down for 4 days and I want to cry now but it seems that he still does not care my feeling
    Do you have SSH / Root access to the machine if you do follow these steps please-

run this first from ssh prompt

# /scripts/easyapache

Select option 6
    Recompile apache with the previous version of php that you were using and any other components you require on the unit.

Then after a long wait when that is done

Run this

# /scripts/upcp --force

then after this is completed restart apache and mysql in that order and you should be good again.

If this fails to help you - you can ICQ 22409301 me I dont mind lending a hand its a slow weekend and im doing the maytag man thing tonight!!

And to be totally honest with you whoever told you they cannot fix this for you without opening a cpanel ticket at their forum ::cough":: lousy excuse thats just lazy ~!!

I would be the tech in question.

We try to solve all of our tickets in a timely manner. I consider this matter between SyrisTech and our client.

His server has now been repaired. I will say it was a case of fixing one thing to have another break. The cPanel ticket was made to fix an error with the cPanel Update Software that was the source of the mysql, and consequently php problems.

It was not neccesary for him to create a public post, but we understand why he created it, and hopefully he has no reason to create one again.

Thank You,
    Chris
    Senior Support Tech
    Syris Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by NDChris
    I would be the tech in question.

We try to solve all of our tickets in a timely manner. I consider this matter between SyrisTech and our client.

His server has now been repaired. I will say it was a case of fixing one thing to have another break. The cPanel ticket was made to fix an error with the cPanel Update Software that was the source of the mysql, and consequently php problems.

It was not neccesary for him to create a public post, but we understand why he created it, and hopefully he has no reason to create one again.

Thank You,
    Chris
    Senior Support Tech
    Syris Technologies
    Well thats great -But- would you care to let us know why the repair took 4 days {thats not timely}and a post here with your customer in tears- to get it fixed?

I consider this matter between SyrisTech and our client. As I said it was a case of one thing being fixed for another to break.

Well the customer decided it was not between the two of you clearly.
    Or it wouldnt be here- and I rest my case since you choose not to respond with a clear honest and definitive answer about the 4 day repair time.

Hello everyone,

First, I am really sorry for disturbing you by this thread.

Secondly, I am grateful to all of you who give my ideas /advice here! Thank you very much.

To Chris and Rasheen,

As I said, I do not want to make post like this but I had to because I really want ed to know what happens with my server but I got no clear answere from you.

I know that there are many thing can not fix immediately. And, as a customer, we have to wait. However, we can not wait without knowing how long we will have to wait. The more I am happy when I get reply said that you have fixed the problems, the more I feel bad because when you can not fix it you keep silence! It is okey. I can wait but you should let me know (so I can let my members know and feel sure about things)!

Hope that you understand my, as your customer!

Thanks

vnjporg,

Your ticket contains 50 replies over the course of 7 days. I don't really think that's keeping you misinformed. I did post a few times telling you I was working on it.

Since you are so determined to have us post this publicly. I will..

You reported that you wanted MySql and php upgraded. At the time all of our cPanel servers were being upgraded and you were put in queue to be upgraded. One of our techs thought you may have wanted a specific version, and we asked you what version of php and mysql you wanted. That in itself took a day to get a straight reply from you. It came down that you did not care which version, you just wanted a more recent version. So I upgraded your cpanel from stable to release. I upgraded that, MySql was functioning fine after I did that.

I upgraded apache, and gave you a more recent version of php.

A day later, {its been 2.5 days now} you posted and said that you could not get into phpmyadmin. NOT that your mysql databases were not accessible via forums. I put two and two together when you said your forum users were complaining.

I went into MySql to see that it was not starting. The basic fix provided in this forum, did not work, that was one of the first things I tried. It turned out the MySQL pid was not being generated. I spent about 6 hours trying what I could, researching through MySql Dev Forums and cPanel forums. While it was a common problem, it was not fixed by the common solution.

After that I determined that MySQL may not have installed correctly, so I proceeded to re-install it, and at that point I opened a support ticket with cPanel to investigate why the cPanel Update software wouldn't have installed Mysql properly.

Your mysql was reinstalled, and reloaded. It was fully functional. At that point you informed us it was down on one of your domains. Rasheen fixed that.

Then your php stopped functioning. That too would normally be fixed by running easyapache. I went into your config to see that all available php modules had been selected. I selected the ones that would work.

Now your server is fully functional. If you have any other problems please open a support ticket and we will be happy to help you.
    ---

The reason I did not wish to post this because the nature of my post would sound to some as if I am placing the blame on you. That is not my intention.

vnjporg,

Your ticket contains 50 replies over the course of 7 days. I don't really think that's keeping you misinformed. I did post a few times telling you I was working on it.

Since you are so determined to have us post this publicly. I will..

You reported that you wanted MySql and php upgraded. At the time all of our cPanel servers were being upgraded and you were put in queue to be upgraded. One of our techs thought you may have wanted a specific version, and we asked you what version of php and mysql you wanted. That in itself took a day to get a straight reply from you. It came down that you did not care which version, you just wanted a more recent version. So I upgraded your cpanel from stable to release. I upgraded that, MySql was functioning fine after I did that.

I upgraded apache, and gave you a more recent version of php.

A day later, {its been 2.5 days now} you posted and said that you could not get into phpmyadmin. NOT that your mysql databases were not accessible via forums. I put two and two together when you said your forum users were complaining.

I went into MySql to see that it was not starting. The basic fix provided in this forum, did not work, that was one of the first things I tried. It turned out the MySQL pid was not being generated. I spent about 6 hours trying what I could, researching through MySql Dev Forums and cPanel forums. While it was a common problem, it was not fixed by the common solution.

After that I determined that MySQL may not have installed correctly, so I proceeded to re-install it, and at that point I opened a support ticket with cPanel to investigate why the cPanel Update software wouldn't have installed Mysql properly.

Your mysql was reinstalled, and reloaded. It was fully functional. At that point you informed us it was down on one of your domains. Rasheen fixed that.

Then your php stopped functioning. That too would normally be fixed by running easyapache. I went into your config to see that all available php modules had been selected. I selected the ones that would work.

Now your server is fully functional. If you have any other problems please open a support ticket and we will be happy to help you.
    ---

The reason I did not wish to post this because the nature of my post would sound to some as if I am placing the blame on you. That is not my intention.
    I did not intend to post here anymore. However, you want to make thing clear so
    please let me post say a litle more:

Yes, you have some post in support ticket saying that you were working on it but after that I ask how was thing going and then all of you keek silences (I have had to ask many times and then got some not clear replies like " you do not get reply from us does not mean that you are being ignored") . Would you please imagine how long it is 4 days of waiting. You are doing hosting business so I think you know about the importance of "uptime" and the pain of "down time"!

One more thing is that I buy the managed server but I feel that your company is not really good (and kind) at taking care your your customer's server. As an engineer, you should have checked everything after an upgraded. What you did is just upgraded and let me know that the server was upgraded but you did not check if it work or not(and the result was that when i go to my website I realized that mysql did not work)!

What I mean is that you should be a litte bit more seponsible for your your service/works.

Hope that you understand what I say and we do not have to post here any more about thing like this time

Thanks again

And please re read the support ticket. One of your tech told me that "your server will be upgraded"
    to night". I waited and then nothing happened. I asked again and came the answere was that my server was queing"
    and then silence came again! Can not wait more, I ask "please tell me you can or can not upgrade" then you did the upgrade for
    me but with hout checking if it worked or not and the result was 4 days down time of my server!!

If you checked everything carefully, might be nothing happened

Yes vnjporg. The problem was MySql did not fail until after the upgrade was completed. It was functioning fine after I had upgraded. If it was not functioning then I would have not said its been upgraded.

As I said the issue has been resolved, your server is functioning fine now, we apologize for any inconvenience.

It seems quite sad that a client has to post here at WHT to have such an issue resolved, not only because he was receiving no reply via MSN / forum and ticket support but because his posts were being erased from your own forums.

Although you have been in the process of repairing the issue with the client, I think you need to ensure you are clear with your clients to prevent such issues from arising in the future, and if your company does erase client forum posts to maintain a positive outlook on your company then this is seriously wrong.

I hope you manage to resolve your issues vnjporg, my only advice is if you continue to encounter problems and downtime and are sure its related to the host and not due to communication problems then consider locating to a new provider, this is generally not an easy task as it involves lots of research and reviewing of various providers to ensure they are right for u so ensure this is a last resort.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Our own forums? Our own forums have been offline for about 4 months. We don't use them as a medium for support because clients rarely ever use them.

The support system is the best method for support with our company. We do provide support over MSN, but in some cases it is not as secure as the support system.

As I said before this is an issue between SyrisTech and our client. To boot, it has been resolved. Any further discussion is merely just competitors trying to one up their own company and I'm not willing to take part in that.

Thank You,
    Chris

Yes vnjporg. The problem was MySql did not fail until after the upgrade was completed. It was functioning fine after I had upgraded. If it was not functioning then I would have not said its been upgraded.

As I said the issue has been resolved, your server is functioning fine now, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Chris,

Things are fixed and I just want to make you understand something about your customer's feeling. But you still do not want to understand it. I copy the support ticket and please look at what you said above and look at the time you posted and the time my answere was made. Just 5 minutes! How can thing breaks just in 5 minutes? If you have checked everything as you said, it would not be a problem after your finishing upgrade just 5 minutes!

Chris Posted On: 05 Oct 2006 01:09 AMDone. Mysql and php have been upgraded.

I set the charset to the one you specified. Please note that this will only change databases you create from this point on. The existing databases will have to be edited manually.

Thank You.

-----------
    Chris
    Support Tech
    Syris Technologies
    TRANPosted On: 05 Oct 2006 01:13 AMI tried accessing phpmy admin but i got this:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.4

Wrong username/password. Access denied.

And my website also got can not connect to database now.

Could you please take a look again if you change the password
    NS-icon,
    Thanks for your advice. Yes, I have to thinks about everything if the samething happen again. I have lost many members for 4 days of "down time".

Chris,
    Noone using your forum because they can not get answere but just got deleted!

I attached one of the question I ask in your support board with out answere! Please look at the time. How can you feel if your sites is down and your members are asking about this and you get no answere from the support staff?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails asking.PNG  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast