Have some web host questions

Just started working on my web page I have no clue what I am doing so I guy helped me out with my site. Anyways he told me to buy a web host and get a domain. So my domain is available but there are so many host and I have no clue as to what I need. My site will be low traffic say at most 10 to 20 people at a time I was hoping to get a host for $6.99 to $5.00 is this out of the question????

Any help would be great Thanks Justin.

PS let me know if the link work but this is the website I have it's not done yet I plan to put up about 20 more smaller pics and maybe a very small flash future on my logo.

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-06-2006 at 08:40 PM.

Any host should be able to host your website. It appears to be all static content. Try a search in the offers section and pick out a few companies and search for reviews on them.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by SNOW JW
    he told me to buy a web host and get a domain
    Actually, it's the other way around.

Buy a Domain name and get a Web Host.

Some Hosters provide an option to purchase a Domain name through them along with a Hosting account. If you take that option you need to make sure you are the Owner or "Registrant" of the Domain name.

As to your Hosting needs, best to start with most any Hoster and their cheapest hosting package. Although they may not be the best Hoster for you, you will start to gain knowledge and experience, of what a Hosting account is all about. After you've had an account for a month or two and gained some Hosting experience, you'll be in a better position to understand how Hosting works; and if your current Hoster is providing what you want/need.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

So what size and futures do I need to support my website????

Size and bandwidth is up to you. If your site is small, and you don't receive many visitors - you'd be fine with 350MB space and around 5GB bandwidth.

Personally, features I like to look out for is cPanel and Fantastico. Site builder's are a plus if you ever want to play around, but it's all down to personal choice in the end.

You'd want all the standards such as mySQL, PHP, etc. Though.

Your budget should fit the above needs.

I'd suggest buying a domain through namecheap - www.namecheap.com for $8.88 a year.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Remember it is best to register your domain at a well known company like namecheap, enom, godaddy and not your web host. It may save you some trouble in the future.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

which web language are you using? html only? php? asp? .net? jsp?...
    Traditional music traveling

So how does a guy get his page to come up in say a top 10 search on google or search page there is very few Cod Red Performance sites.

So can anyone point me to a few good sites to review a few hosting places. Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOW JW
    So how does a guy get his page to come up in say a top 10 search on google or search page there is very few Cod Red Performance sites.

So can anyone point me to a few good sites to review a few hosting places. Thanks for all your help.
    usually take a few months.

You have to exchange link with other website owners. The more the better.
    And get your webpage to be search engine friendly.

As for your hosting, most host provide a free domain name if you sign up annually. So, you get an all-in-one package with just one payment.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

So how does a guy get his page to come up in say a top 10 search on google
    Start by reading these and continue by asking questions here.

Thanks I was looking at lunar pages but then I seen that they did not have a Paypal shopping kart.