Looking to buy a used vBulletin Owned License

Hi,

I'm looking for a owned license that has at least a month left in the vbulletin member's area.

If you have a owned license of vBulletin that you thought you were going to use but decided that you won't be needing it anymore, please email me or PM me with the asking price.

This is for a full ownership transfer through vbulletin.

I am willing to pay by PayPal.

Thanks!

PS. You can also contact me via AIM please look at my profile for the AIM information!
    Last edited by TruePixel; 06-15-2002 at 07:01 PM.

thanks, but...

Thanks for everyone's interest in the vB license. It was just sold. I still have the UBB license available if anyone is interested. I purchased it in March 2001 for $249. I'll sell it for around $50-$75. Please PM or email hostmaster@ahi.net if interested.

Thanks!
    was the last post in that thread... now I am looking for a fresh offer - PM/email/IM me any and all offers - I will be considering them all

Sorry, I guess I missed that... and it was a thread I was following

I am looking for VB license too if any one has one to sell for a decent price of course .

Anyone interested in an old UBB.classic license? Members area access has expired but I can send you UBB 6 Gold (I think that's the latest version) so you can save the $99 members area renewal fee.

I'll sell for $50-75 (paid $249 for it)

Please PM if interested.

Anti UBB here , Plus I notice Alot of host are banning the use of UBB casue it's so server intensive.

UBB, although a classically impressive bulletin board script, supposedly takes in way too much system resources once the board gets enormous.

Anyways, I am looking for one more person to buy in bulk for vbulletin - If you're interested in purchasing a owned copy of vBulletin, please PM me. The very first serious PM with the intent to purchase vBulletin with me in bulk will be considered.

Thanks!

Originally posted by phantasywork
    Anti UBB here , Plus I notice Alot of host are banning the use of UBB casue it's so server intensive.
    Damn, there's got to be something useful I can do with this license...

I can't believe I was suckered into dropping $249 for this @#*%!&(#& sorry excuse for a bulletin board (UBB)

don't feel bad ISPCEO , I was a sucker too

don't feel bad ISPCEO , I was a sucker too
    GRRRR....

Sometimes... Argh, dagnabit... :: Damn UBB ::

Just venting...

Surely there must be *some* "pro-UBB" people out there?

Originally posted by ISPCEO
    Surely there must be *some* "pro-UBB" people out there?
    Are the UBB developers still working on future versions of UBB? I'm not sure if they even support it anymore :-D j/k

anyways, if anyone is interested in purchasing vBulletin in bulk with me and another person - please PM me or ICQ 162621237 me. We want to make this quick and painless for us all and since we want to get the license soon - just one more person!

Thanks

well that is a double sided coin, Ubb will run without many problems on a well configured Unix server. The problem is that many host don't spend the 30 minutes required each week intensively reviewing there logs for find the preformace problems and modify them.

A defualt RedHat install hates UBB, but a tuned redhat does not even see it.

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Originally posted by ADEhost

well that is a double sided coin, Ubb will run without many problems on a well configured Unix server. The problem is that many host don't spend the 30 minutes required each week intensively reviewing there logs for find the preformace problems and modify them.

A defualt RedHat install hates UBB, but a tuned redhat does not even see it.

Mike
    How do you know if your host is default or tuned? How do you know when to use it?

Originally posted by IceBlaZe

How do you know if your host is default or tuned? How do you know when to use it?
    Well, my assumption is that hosts that have 'tuned' servers allow UBB but I think it really is the matter of how much growth you want to see in your community - I've heard of stories where a moderately small UBB community can make a server sluggish while vBulletin can handle more pressure from community members. I'm looking at UBB and it's $199/license and there's the more popular vBulletin for way less than that - so what's the point in grabbing a product that is simply out of its time.

I still haven't received a single PM or ICQ from anyone interested in being the third in our small bulk group. We're hoping to be holding the vBulletin license by the end of next week but there's no rush really.

Contact me through PM or ICQ 162621237 or just use the email button below this post!

Thanks

Originally posted by IceBlaZe

well that is the problem. You don't know. but you'll get the feel from your host. A host that welcomes most forums ( most is the key word ) is most likely a host that is looking and reviewing his log files weekly and looking to squeeze that last bit of performance out of the server. I for example do not accept phpnuke ( big performace hog and securoty risk ) and Slashcode ( low on the resources but a super pain in the *?! to install on a shared unix platform. BUt I do accept UBB and Vbul ( win and unix ) phpbb, greylog and a few others. I am leary of certain forums and weblogs, and have asked those that run it to look for other options ( which they do because I will offer my clients an insentive to change )

In my case I'm a win2k nut. I am forced to look at what is causing performance loss daily and have a running performace monitor on all the time. Why, it's very easy for any one web site application to dominate the cpu for more than 2 seconds. SO by paying very carefull attention I can monitor where there will be a future problem and attempt a solution. It's not uncommmon for me to ask a client to move to another server within the system. happen at least 5 times a month.

Unix on the otherhand, Has some wonderful tool, sad thing is that you have to dump them out to Excel spread sheet to crunch the numbers ( unix has some of the most verbose reports ) to get a good visual friendly report. I truely dislike that I can only tune a unix server weekly. But again it's for the benifit of the client. and their long term happiness.

Now there is another side to this coin, when the forum get's huge it eat's resources like crazy ( even on a well tuned server ) the hosting that people are willing to pay for is close to nothing. Do you think I get a client to sign up for my Linux side? I'm expensive. but I am one of the few happy host that never has a problem hosting forums. But it's a rare day when I get a straight unix signup, also most all my client on the unix side are win clients that needed linix for something specific or big forum users or people that need to have forums that run under both platforms. ( don't laugh, I got one client moving 3 gigs a day that uses both. The unix platform for ad serving to his forums, The win side for MSSQL and Cold fusion web serving. and then a few other things. and his forums are a mix from both servers).

well that's my 2 bit's

Mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.