Thread: Web Host Images

Web Host Images

Hello,

I have noticed that some web hosts have images of computers, servers, and other related things on their web sites. I would like to know where these images could be found.
    Thanks,
    BoOmEr2120

Check out www.gettyimages.com, excellent selection of great images and the prices aren't bad.
    <!-- boo! -->

Lightbulb Hrmm...

Well, many hosts use pictures of the servers as a.. more of an attraction. There is nothing wrong with doing this unless they say "Oh the picture over there is one of our servers" and when in fact, it is not.

Many hosts cant find a picture of thier rack so they just take another. I think it is ok to do this as they usually aint tryin to sell you the service through the picture, but rather make thier site look cool.

Go to www.google.com and search for images.

Many hosts cant find a picture of thier rack so they just take another. I think it is ok to do this as they usually aint tryin to sell you the service through the picture, but rather make thier site look cool.
    What kind of cop out is that? Well, I guess if they/you are just a rackshack host sure they/you can't find a picture of THEIR/your rack because they/you don't own one.

If you have your own racks, take a picture of yours, all of those stock photos look so stock that anyone with a good eye can see it.

Check out www.arttoday.com. Not as big as some others but pretty useful.
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

Originally posted by Axel Teflon
    Go to www.google.com and search for images.
    And if you do that and put the images on your site, you're with 99.99% certainty infringing on the copyright of one or several people.

Ask the manufacturer of your equipment if they have any photographs you can use on your site.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.