Question Hosting provider's competitions, it is good for customers?

Hi guys,

Serveral days, I have seen site5, dreamhost, netfimrs and other HP with their own special offers for new customers. Do you think, it is good for customers? Are they trying to make customers trust them? Do you believe that, they understand how important consumer satisfaction is?

DH has their own special plan with 200 GB disk space, 2T B Bandwith/month (only $9,95/month)

Site5 - 15GB Diskspace, 1TB bandwith/month (only $8,25/month)

Netfims - 20GB Diskspace, 750GB bandwith/month (only $9,95/month)

And you can see dreamhost is so great with a soooooo huge diskspace and bandwith.

For me, I am going to make a site with movie stream and DH has huge bandwith and it suits for me, but I still worry about it.

Will their support and service be good if they have so many customers? Are they going to bankrupt? and so on...

I think you'll fibd that even when you start to use just a 3rd of what they offer they'll shut your site down for "resource usage" be sure to check the terms of service when thinking on going with any offer like that.. 200GB disk space and 2TB Transfer (not bandwidth) is the size of most servers...

Think about it and make your choice

Goodluck

even if you only use 1/3 of it it's still a good deal.

It is just my case. But do you think they are kidding us? I mean, they offer "very good" plan, and one day, they disappear because of bankrupting.

They try to tempt to potential customer with those huge offers, as far of the customer service, I never used it, but I read only complains about them, although with the huge customer base that they have, is pretty normal.

Anyway, when somebody offer too much for too little it makes me suspect
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by NTHosts
    I doubt they will go bankrupt anytime soon with the amount of customers they are.. um lets not say ripping off because thats not nice... ok I cant find a better word for it
    I hope they dont , because there are many many customers who are going with them, and if this happens...I donot want to day anymore.

Nowadays, there are many competitions on HP's field, and I wonder, by the way DH does, do you think they are crazy?

(Sorry, if DH's staff is here)

Have you done any search for reviews on those web hosts?

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Have you done any search for reviews on those web hosts?
    Yes, I did.

I had been with site5 for a year. Their support, at first was great, very quickly respone, but it was getting bad. Even now, I saw some topics with bad reviews and I think, i was lucky when I decided to leave them.

DH, I never been with them, but there are some good reviews and bad reviews.

Netfirms is the same with DH.

I just cannot understand why they can offer that. do they limit connection, cpu, memory... so none of their customers can use what they are offered?
    Traditional music traveling

what is your particular point: you're unsure about dreamhost as a hosting provider or you suppose that its large number of clients may influence the quality of the service?
    The problem of a cheap hosting has been discussed here a lot, if you pay that little you can't expect super quality, and a large amount of clients is the only thing that accounts for low pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by HHIC
    what is your particular point: you're unsure about dreamhost as a hosting provider or you suppose that its large number of clients may influence the quality of the service?
    As the title says, we are discussing about customers who are waiting for a good service and from the honest HPs.
    The problem of a cheap hosting has been discussed here a lot, if you pay that little you can't expect super quality, and a large amount of clients is the only thing that accounts for low pricing
    I don't believe that it is always true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    They try to tempt to potential customer with those huge offers, as far of the customer service, I never used it, but I read only complains about them,
    I guess you only read what you want to see.

Can you read this?
    I am not complaing bout DreamHost, and I have multiple accounts with them
    and I'm pretty pleased with what I pay and what I get (I'm getting a lot).

I don't think they'd go bankrupt (unlike some small hosts) in near future,
    but if they do, I'd still thank them for providing so much for so less.
    Last edited by extras; 10-06-2006 at 10:03 AM.

I guess that the bast majority of the post are complaining (angry customers tend to post more than happy)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore