PayPal Merchant Account?

Im not sure about this as i dont have that much experience with paypal, is a merchant account what i need?

I handle big amounts of customers some need to pay via cc and 2co is just not enough i need one solution and because i already have paypal verified it might be good to use that

Does anyone know some upsides to a merchant account at paypal?

IF so how do i upgrade my us verified business account to a merchant?

San Jose, CA
    If you already have a PayPal Business account you probably can already accept credit card payments through the Account Optional checkout. To test this for yourself, just add the email address from your PayPal account at the end of this URL:

If the first page that you see is just asking you to "log in", look for the "click here" link for users without an account and click on that. As long as the following page does not tell you that signing up is required for the payment, you are viewing the Account Optional checkout. (Most of your customers who do not have a PayPal account would see that Account Optional credit card page immediately, without seeing the "log in" page first.)

If you do not want to use the Account Optional checkout hosted on, you might be able to use Website Payments Pro to process credit cards via API. This is only available to US merchants and you must apply and be approved before you can use the Direct Payment API to process credit cards. If you do use the Direct Payment API, you must also offer Express Checkout on your website for customers who want to pay you from a PayPal account.
    Sell more worldwide! PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal now support 6 currencies and 174 countries

Hello thanks for that info

I have sent you a pm with the problem i have been facing for 8 months now please respond to that!

I wasnt sure if i could post that.