• ubersmith

9 12.86%
  • other

17 24.29%

Thread: Billing

Billing

Best billing software and why?

What are your likes / dislikes?

What version do you use and what control panel(s)?

SHHHH - dont tell anyone who I voted for. HA!

I am a big Clientexec supporter, I use it on Cpanel, but Plesk has even more options.

I'm going to have to also vote for ClientExec.

Strong Points:

- Clients find it easy to navigate and order.
    - The order form is great looking (out of the box).
    - The general look and feel of ClientExec is very nice.
    - From an administrative point of view - everything is easy to manage.

Weak Points:

- Now that the coupons & add-ons have been added to recent versions... none!
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

I prefer iBiz Panel (other).

1. It can be used to sell anything and automate the sign up, billing, provisioning, invoicing and collections.
    2. Everything can be customized from the HTML letters to your own logo and colors
    3. You can apply special settings to each client.
    4. You can offer different products and pricing to reseller clients or direct clients.
    5. It includes the support ticket tracking system.
    6. It's really cheap considering it includes 5000 websites at no extra cost.
    7. You can resell it to resellers under you.
    8. It has a free trial.

Weak points:

1. People compare it to WHM or Direct Admin and it's not the same.
    2. It does more and therefore, it is more complicated to learn and understand.
    3. It can be slow at times of heavy traffic.
    4. It's not portable to any other servers, it is not a stand alone product.

Quote Originally Posted by ServersAndDomains
    I prefer iBiz Panel (other).

1. It can be used to sell anything and automate the sign up, billing, provisioning, invoicing and collections.
    2. Everything can be customized from the HTML letters to your own logo and colors
    3. You can apply special settings to each client.
    4. You can offer different products and pricing to reseller clients or direct clients.
    5. It includes the support ticket tracking system.
    6. It's really cheap considering it includes 5000 websites at no extra cost.
    7. You can resell it to resellers under you.
    8. It has a free trial.

Weak points:

1. People compare it to WHM or Direct Admin and it's not the same.
    2. It does more and therefore, it is more complicated to learn and understand.
    3. It can be slow at times of heavy traffic.
    4. It's not portable to any other servers, it is not a stand alone product.
    Hello,

I don't honestly think this should even be included as this is more of a reseller sort of thing as it is a stand alone product as you have said in the weak points.

It doesnt cost any more than the other programs and it gives you more bang for your bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H
    I'm going to have to also vote for ClientExec.

Strong Points:

- Clients find it easy to navigate and order.
    - The order form is great looking (out of the box).
    - The general look and feel of ClientExec is very nice.
    - From an administrative point of view - everything is easy to manage.

Weak Points:

- Now that the coupons & add-ons have been added to recent versions... none!
    As someone who has used both ModernBill and ClientExec I give CE the same props as well. The only thing CE really lacks right now is the auto-suspend feature like the one modernbill has (its a real-time saver). If they added that it would be almost perfect.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

I just recently switched from Clientexec to ModernBill (just finished entering in the last of the clients, yay!) and IMHO they are both outstanding products.... You really can't go wrong with either. Clientexec was meant for certain people, while modernbill was just meant for others...... I was a clientexec customer for about 1.5 years before I decided to switch over....

I personally say demo both (For modernbill, be sure to demo v4 and v5 as they are very different) and see what floats your boat.... The CE devs have really been working hard to get a lot of nice features, and with the recent addition of the "addons", it is really shaping up.

You might be asking, why did I switch?; simply because I wanted something that just had some features that I really wanted, such as being able to add credits to accounts, having more lenient field validation (for instance, CE wouldn't let you have two packages with the same domain name)...

Also, if you've got some friends or contacts who have been hosting for a while, talk to them; chances are they have used more than 1 billing system and can give you the advantages and disadvantages of each.

Bottom Line: Take your time and really investigate each of them carefully before making your decision; a good billing system can really save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.

BTW: I am only using cPanel.
    -steve

I use both AWBS and WHMCS. They are both very good, too.
    CPanel Backup Software - Download all of your CPanel backups & databases automatically!
    PHP Autoresponder - Keep in touch with your customers the easy way!
    Domain Name Buying & Selling - Learn how to find, but, & sell domain names for profit!

WHMCS is a good product, the only reason we switched is because admin time was getting bigger on CE due to the addon issue, but they released it within a week after leaving, they told us 2months
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Make sure you consider WHMCS. Its a brilliant system that recieves regular updates and quick support solutions.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

ClientExec gets my vote. Easy to manage and maintain and isn't difficult to setup/configure
    Tim K
    CyberHostUK - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

I would certainly reccomend modernbill, as it's way better organized than others.

Ubersmith:

Pros:

Easy to use and install
    Stable (I've found very few bugs)
    Integrated Support Desk
    Simple common interface for you and your clients (no separate logins for Billing and Support)
    Integrates with InterWorx and cPanel
    Coupons
    Variety of payment processors supported
    Sell any products
    Multiple brands (Uber Pro only)
    Unlimited departments (Uber Pro)

Conns
    Support desk has limited features (e.g. no FAQ module or "Canned" responses
    Limited options for SSL and domain registrars if you want to integrate
    Does not integrate with forums

And before someone else asks InterWorx uses a heavily modded version of ModernBill, Uber is my personal prefference.
    Tim Ryberg, InterWorx L.L.C. | InterWorx Hosting Control Panel 3.0!
    Views expressed are the author's own and do not represent those of InterWorx L.L.C. unless stated otherwise.
    Join me in my personal quest for The Ultimate CMS!

that poll aint quite complete

and ubersmith is my last choice, it does not support php5

and ubersmith is my last choice, it does not support php5
    - But it might in the future, right?

I love ModernBill and its' features. The problem with it, is how hard it is to use it. Once it is up and running it is AWESOME, but to get it to the point where it is up and running, is hard as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDouglas
    - But it might in the future, right?

I love ModernBill and its' features. The problem with it, is how hard it is to use it. Once it is up and running it is AWESOME, but to get it to the point where it is up and running, is hard as hell.
    They said that a php5 wont be available because its not as much used as php4 and only a few people used. And they said that only a php6 version will be released.... well... hehehe doesnt make sense to me! ITs a lovely product, but I had to buy another software istead of theirs.

They sound pretty stupid when they say they are going to wait for php6.... Have a reference to this?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDouglas
    They sound pretty stupid when they say they are going to wait for php6.... Have a reference to this?
    You can read about here: http://forums.ubersmith.com/showthread.php?t=531

Damn, I really didn't believe you.. What a horrible move on ubbersmith's part. Thanks for the reference.